How Things Can Change

A Day With The Band

The six of them went upstairs with their backpacks and Matt took each to the room they were staying.
Zacky and Johnny would stay in the guests room and Brian and Jimmy in Matt's parents room.
They entered their rooms and put their backpacks on the ground while Matt led Jane to another room.
When they were ready they headed downstairs and set their instruments in the garage. Brian took out his custom guitar and Zacky stared at it. It was a black Schecter with white pin-stripes.

"Wow, man! That guitar is awesome!", Zacky said as he approached Brian. "Schecter, right?"
"Thanks, man.", Brian said proudly. "Yeah, it's custom made."
"So is mine!", Zacky said.
"Yeah, Zacky's guitar is the gynecologist.", Jimmy said with his drumsticks rolling through his hands.
Brian looked so confused he made Johnny and Zacky burst out laughing.
"It's just the name I gave it, don't worry!", Zacky said.
"Oh! I want to see it!", Brian said. "I don't remember you played the guitar..."
"I learnt it when I was about 13.", Zacky explained.
"So, guys, let's play!", Johnny said.
"We have to wait for the love-birds!", Zacky said pointing to Jane and Matt.
They were sitting on a couch, cuddling and then looked at the four guys when Zacky said that.

"Shouldn't you be warming up, Matt?", Jane asked.
"Yeah, I should...", Matt answered. "But I want to stay here..."
"Looks like we won't have a singer today!", Jimmy joked.
"Matt Sanders, take your ass off of this couch and go play with your band!", Jane demanded smiling.
"Yeah!", Jimmy cheered. "Jenny knows how to do it!"
Matt stood up and grabbed his microphone. He then turned to Brian.
"We have this song called Chapter Four that we're working on... We're still missing the solo and some guitar parts...", Matt said.
"It's okay, man!", Brian said as he sat besides Jane and saw them perform.
Some moments after they started playing, Brian was so lost in his mind with the song that he started playing along, adding some parts and playing a brand new solo perfectly.
When they finished playing it, Jimmy left his drum kit and was the first one to speak. The other guys were amazed with what they heard.

"Dude, are you a magician or something?", Jimmy asked surprised.
"Huh, no...", Brian answered confused.
"That was awesome!", Johnny added amazed.
"I told you he was the best guitar player you'd find!", Jane said smiling proudly.
"No, I just played along with you. I didn't know whether you'd like the solo or not.", Brian said.
"Can you play that again?", Zacky asked.
"Yeah.", Brian answered.
"Then work on that, because we're keeping it in the song!", Matt said. "Welcome to the band!", he added smiling.
They kept playing other songs and Brian studied them and added a few guitar parts.
"You guys are really good!", Brian said.
"We're awesome, yeah.", Jimmy said joking.
"It's true, Jimmy!", Zacky said. "We really are awesome!"
They all laughed and then left the garage. Johnny went to the kitchen and called Zacky so he would help him.

"What are they doing?", Jane asked.
"They're bringing some food and drinks.", Matt answered.
"We have to eat!", Jimmy said. "Or else we'll die!"
They all laughed and then Johnny and Zacky came back with the food and the drinks.
Zacky sat between Jane and Brian and started talking with them.
"Who'd think we would meet again like this!", Zacky said.
"Yeah! You could have said you had a band!", Jane said.
"Yeah, man! Keeping secrets from us is not nice!", Brian added joking.
"I couldn't tell you... We are such an awesome band that if anybody found out we'd have paparazzi stalking us everyday!", Zacky said joking.
Jane hit his arm playfully and laughed with Brian.
"Who else knows you have a band?", Brian asked.
"Our parents, my sister and brother, my girlfriend, you two, Jimmy's sisters...", Zacky answered. "And Matt's ex-girlfriend."
"How long do you have the band?", Jane asked.
"Hum... About 2 years or so...", Zacky answered. "We just played for fun in the beginning but a year ago we decided to dedicate ourselves to being a real band."
"Cool!", Brian said. "Thanks again for letting me in the band, man!"
"No problem! You're too good in the guitar for us to let you go!", Zacky answered laughing.

Suddenly, the front door's bell rang and Jimmy got up. He opened the door and a short brunette girl entered.
"Oh, hi Sophie!", Jimmy said hugging her.
She entered the room and walked towards them. She greeted them all and kissed Zacky, so Jane thought she was his girlfriend.
She looked at Jane and smiled broadly.
"You must be Jenny!", Sophie said.
"Yes, I am.", Jane answered smiling.
"Finally I get to know Matt's girlfriend!", she added hugging her.
Jane hugged her back and then looked at Matt who was already staring at her smirking.
"I can't believe you told everyone we were dating!", Jane said faking a shocked look.
"Well... Technically, I was right... Because I knew you would be my girlfriend.", Matt said.
Jane hit his arm playfully and he pulled her to his lap, pecking her lips.
"Now, Matt. If you don't mind I'd like meeting Jane!", Sophie said pushing her hand. "Girls talk..."
Jane laughed and stood up. 'She's really nice, we're gonna be great friends.', Jane thought.
They headed to the backyard and sat on the sunbeds.

"The guys are really nice, aren't they?", Sophie asked.
"Oh, yeah!", Jane answered smiling. "You're Zacky's girlfriend, aren't you?"
"Yes, I am!", Sophie answered.
"He's my cousin.", Jane added. "He's a really sweet guy!"
"He really is!", Sophie said blushing. "But enough talking about me! You and Brian are like best friends, aren't you?"
"Yeah... Lately some things happened between us... But yeah, he's one of my best friends.", Jane answered.
"What happened?", Sophie asked worried.
Jane took a deep breath and told her everything from when he kissed her to last night.
"That sucks... But you're happy with Matt, aren't you?", Sophie asked.
"Extremely happy!", Jane confessed. "Hey, since you know the guys for a long time... How was Matt's ex-girlfriend?"
"She was a tiny, blond girl. She wasn't as pretty as you, and I'm being honest!", Sophie answered. "They broke up because Matt... Well, I think he stopped liking her... She was being annoying as fuck lately as well, maybe that was why he broke up with her."
Jane smiled, she was happy Matt had told her the truth.
Suddenly, Zacky approaches them.
"Hey, baby, let's go?", Zacky asked Sophie.
"Yes!", Sophie answered. "Oh, Zacky and I are going on a date, but he'll be back later!"
"Oh, okay!", Jane smiled. "Have fun!"

Jane returned to the living room with Zacky and Sophie.
"Wait until Jenny finds out we're playing this without her!", Brian said without noticing she was there.
"What are you guys playing?", Jane asked and then looked at the TV. "What the fuck? You guys are playing Call of Duty and you didn't tell me!???"
She ran to the couch and sat between Matt and Brian.
"Let me play, let me play!", Jane begged.
"You're a girl! You don't know how to play this!", Jimmy joked.
"Oh, Jimmy... You didn't say that...", Brian said not taking his eyes off the TV. "She's like addicted to Call of Duty! We played this everyday!"
Matt suddenly stopped playing and hugged Jane.
"She plays in my team!", Matt said.
They all started a new game. Matt, Jane and Brian played against Jimmy and Johnny.
"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, JENNY!", Jimmy said. "You're a serial killer!"
Jane laughed.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm a girl, I don't know how to play this!", Jane joked.
"Next time you stay in my team!", he said like a little kid.
Johnny glanced at his watch and saw it was already late.
"Hey guys, I'm hungry. Who wants pizza?", Johnny asked.
They all cheered like little kids in the Christmas Eve.
"I'm gonna order some.", Brian said grabbing his phone.

When the pizza man arrived at Matt's house Brian and Jimmy went to pick the pizza boxes.
"God! You said some pizzas, Brian! Not all those boxes!", Jane said shocked.
"What's wrong?", Johnny asked. "I'm hungry!"
By the time Jane was eating her second slice of pizza, the four guys had already eaten almost a full pizza.
"You're too slow, Jenny!", Jimmy said picking on her.
"No, I'm not! You guys eat too fast!", Jane replied defending herself.
"I have an idea!", Matt said. "Let's watch a movie!"
By the time he said that Zacky entered his house.
"Our little boy is back!", Jimmy said smiling.
"Enjoyed your night-nighty?", Brian asked with a little boy's voice joking with Zacky.
"Fuck you, Brian!", Zacky answered smiling.
They all laughed and then Jimmy asked. "Which movie?"
"Natural Born Killers!", Matt answered with an evil smile.
"Oooh, I like that!", Johnny said rubbing his hands like a psychopath.

Zacky appeared behind Jane, put his hands around her jaw and kissed her forehead greeting her.
"You're not afraid of scary movies, are you?", Zacky asked smirking.
"Of course I'm not.", Jane lied.
"I don't believe you!", Matt said.
Jane pretended a shocked a look. "You're my boyfriend and you doubt about what I say?"
"Brian, is what she saying true?", Jimmy asked.
"Err... Sorry, Jenny... You're lying!", Brian answered smiling.
"See, I was right!", Matt said smirking.
"I hate you! All of you!", Jane said pouting and crossing her arms against her chest.
"Aw, you're so adorable!", Matt said and then kissed her softly.
"Hey, come on guys! Get a room!", Jimmy said covering his eyes with his hands.
"You look like a baby, Jimmy!", Johnny said laughing.
"Don't say that to me, you little gnome!", Jimmy said as he picked on Johnny.
"Cut it out, guys! Let's watch the movie!", Brian said smiling.
They all cheered and Matt sat beside Jane, pulling her head to his chest and hugging her.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter! :D

Did you guys enjoy it?
Leave a comment or suggestion for the next chapters, please! :)

Once again, thanks for reading!