Sequel: Like Phantoms Forever
Status: Completed

I Lost My Fear of Falling

Please Don't Say It

“Aww. Look how cute they are!” I heard someone say over my head.
“Grrmf.” I mumbled, burying my face into something warm and rather firm. I cracked one eye open and saw that it was Mikey’s chest.
“Is there a particular reason you’re waking me up you motherfuckers?” I grumbled, rubbing my eyes. Mikey was awake too and his hair was standing up in all directions. Once I got a good look at Wes and Frank, I was really glad I slept like the dead.
Wes had two love bites blooming on her neck, Frank had this big stupid grin on his face and both of them were glowing.
“Eww.” I muttered.
“Jeez, are either of you wearing clothes?” Wes’s eyes flicked down and I yanked the blanket back over my lap.
“I wasn’t planning on having a sleepover. I’m just lucky he had a spare shirt. Which you might not get back, by the way.” I said over my shoulder to my cuddle buddy.
“You look better in it.” I felt his eyes skim the length of my torso.
“God, get a room.” Frank muttered. I flipped him off and looked around for my clothes.
“I gotta head home.” It dawned me suddenly. “Shit, how am I gonna get home? My mom thinks I’m with Wes.”
“What if we both walked back to your place?” Wes suggested.
“I guess…” I went into the bathroom to change this time before Wes and I headed back to my place.
--
My mom seemed to buy that Wes’s dad hadn’t wanted to drive us so we walked home. Wes didn’t live far from me anyway so it made sense.
I hope.
I watched Mikey’s car pull into the driveway about an hour after I came home. From my spot next to my window I was able to see part of the way into his window.
But I wasn’t about to tell him that.
I admit it, I watched as he took his shirt and tie off and then his pants. My eyes wandered all over him, taking him in. He was just starting to slide his boxers off when he looked up, right at me and saw me sitting in my window.
I nearly fell off the sill trying to hide but the damage was done.
My cell phone rang on the nightstand while I was still flat on the floor being invisible. I reached up to grab it, barely managing to stretch that far.
“Hey you little perv.” Mikey laughed. “Enjoying the show?”
“I don’t know what you mean.” I bluffed, trying to pretend I hadn’t just been watching him change.
“I saw you Ems, don’t try that.” He didn’t sound mad. “I hope you liked it.”
“No comment.” I sat up and went back to the window. He was dressed in jeans and a hoodie already and I tried not to let my, yes, disappointment show on my face because he could see me.
“I hope you know that you owe me now.”
“What exactly do I owe you?”
“You just watched me. I get to watch you.”
“Horny bastard.”
“Hey, you did it first.”
“And your point is Mikers?”
“That the next time you change I’m gonna be watching. You’re still in your costume aren’t you?”
“Yeah…” I should change. And not do it in front of my window. “How much of my bedroom can you see?”
“The bed, the door and the desk.”
All of it.
Great.
“Well, what the hell. I have no dignity left.” I tossed the phone on the bed, not hanging up, before pulling my shirt over my head.
I could hear him cheering from the phone on the bed, even though at most all he was seeing was my body in profile. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a tank top from my drawers and yanked them on quickly.
“There. Now I don’t owe you.” I said, picking up the phone again.
“Damn Emmy.” His breathing sounded kind of ragged.
“Having an asthma attack Mikers?” I asked worriedly.
“No. You’re just…gorgeous.”
“Aww, I’m blushing.”
“Do you wanna go grab some lunch together?”
“Can I shower first?”
“Yeah, I think I uh, need a shower.”
“See ya in like half an hour.”
I showered and dried my hair quickly, excited to see him again.
He was waiting outside by his car by the time I came out.
I practically tackled him against the car in a hug.
“Did you miss me that much? Or did you just want to get at my hot body?”
“A little of both.” I laughed. He opened my door for me before getting in on the driver’s side.
“Where to milady?” He asked. “I’m feeling tacos today.”
“Tacos it is.”
Tacos are very messy things to eat and very unattractive to eat as well. Not a good date food.
But it was fun to just be with Mikey. Even in silence he was amazing.
We got back in his car once we were done but neither of us were in any hurry to get home.
It started with just a simple little peck on the lips.
And then he was pulling me into the backseat on top of him and we proceeded on one of our longest make out sessions yet.
My skin felt like it was on fire. Mikey’s hands were tangled in my hair and his lips quickly found the spot on my neck that made me moan embarrassingly.
Someone tapped on the window at the same time I realized that Mikey was getting… excited.
“Take it somewhere else.” The woman said, looking at us disapprovingly. We both sat up and tried to straighten ourselves out before we headed home.
“Yours or mine?” I asked as we pulled up next to our houses.
“Mine. Only Gee’s home.” Mikey laced our fingers together as we went inside.
“Hey M &Ms.” Gee said from his spot on the couch. Mikey and I just looked at him like he had two heads. “Mikey and Emmy. M&Ms.”
Realization dawned and I laughed. “Is this what you spend your time doing Gee?”
“Maybe.” He shrugged. “I’ll leave you two alone. God knows I don’t need to see my baby brother shoving his tongue down some poor girl’s throat.” Gee gave Mikey an affectionate head knuckling before heading upstairs.
“Where were we?” Mikey said, pulling me down on the couch.
I let my hands creep up the back of his shirt, running them over his shoulder blades as our lips crashed together.
My phone rang in my pocket and both of us jumped at the vibration.
“Hello?” I tried to keep my voice even.
“Mom wants you to come home.” River said, sounding bored.
“I’ll be home in a couple minutes Riv.”
“See ya fuck face.” He called me fuck face as his way of showing affection. Our brother Forrest was shit head.
I think I lucked out.
“I gotta go home.” I sighed, turning back to Mikey.
“I’ll walk you over.” He said, helping me up.
I checked my reflection and tried to smooth out my fluffed up hair. I couldn’t do anything about my puffy lips so I resigned myself to another sex talk.
We stopped just in front of my door and I stood on my tiptoes to kiss Mikey goodbye.
“I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said softly, brushing my lips against his. His hands gripped my waist and he kissed me hard before letting go.
“I love you.” He said, touching my cheek.
My heart fell through my stomach at his words. He looked at me, waiting for me to respond, but all I could do was fumble with the door knob and practically fall through my door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh snap :)