Falling In

Adam Levine. Oh how sexy

“Yeah, we’re kind of friends now,” I mumbled to my bestfriend over the phone.

“Finally!” he shouted, then muttered apologies to his officemates.

“What’s wrong with you?” I mumbled.

“Three years was enough, Descenzo,” Deegan told me. “What happened to the whole hating him fiasco?” he laughed.

“Uhhh… It’s not working out,” I whispered quietly.

“Thought so,” he laughed. “Well, I have to get back to work,” he sighed. “I’ll talk to you later.”

We said our goodbyes and I turned to my dog. “Avalanche, am I crazy?” I asked the creature. He stood up and jumped on my bed, nuzzling against me. “Right, I should be careful,” I nodded, giving a warning to myself.

“Hey Stella!” I heard my brother from outside my room.

“What?!” I yelled out and he opened my door.

“I have to go,” he said.

“Okay?”

“I mean, work called me in,” he said to me.

“What?!” I huffed. “You’re not telling me you’re gonna leave me alone with him!” I whispered harshly.

“He’s a big boy. He can fend for himself if you come on to him,” my brother laughed. I didn’t though, so he pouted at me. “You have Avalanche!”

“Jacob,” I growled.

“I’m sorry sis. But work needs me. Plus, you’ll be working for the next few days anyways, it’s not like you’ll be spending a lot of time here,” he shrugged.

“So much for spending time with me,” I muttered under my breath.

“Sorry sis, but work really really needs me. Like, emergency needs me. We’re gonna be living together again anyways! You’re gonna be spending more time home since Februaries are usually slow for you. I promise, I’ll take you to Chile or something in the summer!” he said. “Unless you’d be spending it again with Ethan in San Diego,” he chuckled.

I threw my giant Dolphin at him. “Just leave!” I huffed.

“Don’t be such a baby, Stella Grace,” my brother rolled his eyes at me. “Deal with it like an adult.”

“You’re such a jerk,” I whined as I crossed my arms.

He laughed at me, as he walked back towards the door. “Have fun sis. Oh and please don’t scare him,” my brother warned as he closed the door.

Ah fuck. A week with Ethan. Alone. Again. Great. Just fucking great.

I spent the entire day in my room, just going through the pictures that I’ve taken. I checked my email for anything interesting and saw that I had an email from Transworld Snowboarding, telling me that they had posted an article about me.

I clicked at the link, and the familiar website greeted me. I started reading the article.

Stella Grace Descenzo is officially the new face of Red Bull as of January 5th 2012. She might sound familiar being friends with the famous Frends Crew- the snowboarding group consisting of Danny Davis, the Mitrani brothers, Mason Aguirre, Olympic Bronze medalist Scotty Lago and more skilled snowboarders- she’s stepping up her game! She was also rumored to be dating Jeremy Smith, but she said they were “better off as friends”.

Winning the slopestyle competition at Mt. Rose on December 2011 with a recently dislocated shoulder and cracked ulna, talk about no pain, no game!. She was said to be invited to be in 2013’s Winter X-Games.

This new professional snowboarder doesn’t only stomp epic tricks, but also photographs other people stomping cool tricks. For this year’s X-Games that will be held this week, she will be one of the official photographers, alongside Ethan Jay Versace whom seem to be a close friend of hers as well. Below is a slideshow that Ethan had submitted to us from the night of her injury, and the day of the competition. He had some pretty cool portraits, but it seems like pictures like these are usually taken by a lover. Yes, that’s a hint! No confirmations yet, but I’m sure we’ll find out soon!


Ugh. What is this a gossip magazine now? I glared at the screen, as I scrolled down to where the slideshow was. There first picture was taken the night before the competition, as I was seated on the bench at the park. I was staring off in space, my face full of concentration. The light from the lamp post behind me created a really nice effect, and the snow that fell just made it even more beautiful.

I clicked on the next one that was of me talking to the reporter. I was smiling softly, obviously talking about snowboarding. The whole focus was on me. The next one was of me airborne, in the midst of a trick, and a few more just like it.

The last one caught my attention though. It was of me and Avalanche a week ago. The snow had lightly drizzled over the lawn at the lake house, and I just went for a morning jog with my baby. We were sitting on the ledge of the lawn, over looking the water. I was looking at Avalanche with a smile on my face as he rubbed his nose against mine. The sunrise behind us created the nice effect, and the contrast of the light snow on the trees, and the snow capped mountains and the white lawn was contrasting against my bright red hoodie.

“What are you doing?” I heard a voice behind me, and I snapped my laptop shut.

“Nothing,” I mumbled.

“Why’d you close it?” Ethan asked me like a little boy, his hands behind his back as he stood on his tiptoes, leaning over my shoulder.

I laughed at how much of a dork he was. “You look like a kid. An oversized kid,” I shook my head at him as I stood up.

He rolled his eyes at me and stood up properly. “Wanna grab dinner?” he asked me.

“Dinner? It’s too early for dinner,” I told him.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me. “It’s 7 PM Stella.”

“What?!” I shouted, making him jump back .”Sorry, I lost track of time,” I mumbled.

“We seem to be good at that,” he smirked slightly.

“Are you taking me to dinner, or what?” I laughed as I pushed him out of the room.

“Are you keeping Avalanche here?” he asked me.

“Yeah, he’s a good boy,” I smiled as I pulled on my jacket and followed Ethan out of the house and into the car.

“Soooo….,” Ethan dragged out.

“Mhm?” I asked, looking over at him.

“You look nice,” he said.

I busted out laughing. “And you couldn’t come up with anything better?” I scoffed.

“Sorry, I just hate the silence,” he mumbled.

“I know,” I nodded as I looked up in front of us towards the road.

“Music?” he asked. I just shrugged and he pushed the power button on the radio.

“What the hell?” I laughed. “You have depressing music,” I shook my head as I pressed the next button. “Gym Class Heroes,” I laughed as we both began singing to Stereo Hearts. “Oh how much I love Adam Levine,” I sighed. “That sexy man.”

“He’s ugly!” Ethan retorted.

“You’re ugly!” I huffed. “You’re just jealous. He has a Victoria’s secret model girlfriend,” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“I don’t want a Victoria’s Secret Model girlfriend,” he told me seriously.

I scoffed. “Right.”

“Seriously. I wouldn’t want a half naked poster of my girlfriend to be in a million’s guys walls,” he scoffed. “She’s for me, and me only.” I smiled softly at him, and looked out my window. It was quiet for a few moments before Next To You started playing, giving me a flashback of what happened a couple of weeks ago. I blushed furiously, and kept my head turned towards the window to keep Ethan from seeing my blushing face.

He cleared his throat as the song finished. “We’re uhhh.. here,” he said quietly. He got out of the car, and I stayed there, and groaned to myself. I buried my face in my hands, and screeched to myself. I was in mid screech when my door opened. I peeked through my fingers, and looked at Ethan with an awkward smile. “Hi,” I grinned as I slowly put my hands down.

“Hi,” he laughed and I stepped out of the car, mentally kicking my ass at how embarrassing that was.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha. sorry guys! short chapter. wrote it during our 8 hour drive -.-
got back home safe (: so i can post the rest of the stories ;D haha
was inspired, so I'll be updating at least twice a week :p
would love some feedback!