Falling In

Confessional Dinners

“You have to go home Stella Grace, you can’t stay here forever,” Deegan told me. It has been three weeks, and Ethan didn’t even try to call me. I couldn’t say that I wasn’t happy about it because I was. I don’t think I could face him at all right now. I don’t even think he cares. He just made me look like a fool.

“I’m going back home tomorrow Deegs,” I laughed at him. “If you wanted me out of your place sooner, you could’ve just said so.”

“Well you better get your ass out of here by noon tomorrow or else all your shit is out on the gutter,” he playfully said, poking my side.

“Well shit, you make me sound like a whore,” I shook my head at him. “Actually, I’ll go home tonight. Dad’s coming home and he told me he had stuff to talk to me about,” I shrugged. “Could be time to ask how the Sain Laurens and Versaces know him.”

“That’s a good idea,” my bestfriend agreed with me.

We sat there, continuing the show that we were watching when I suddenly blurted out what I was thinking. “Why is he not calling me?” I asked, and covered my mouth. “Fuck. That was not supposed to come out.”

My bestfriend laughed at me. Literally laughed out loud.

“That’s not funny!” I yelled. “My life is in a total crisis and you’re LAUGHING at me!” I whined.

“Princess, I think you should go get some sleep. I have a feeling that it’ll be a long night,” he suggested.

~~~~~~~~~~


“Why couldn’t we have dinner at home?” I whined at my brother as I stumbled in my heels.

“Come one Stella Grace. Don’t be such a bitch. It’s only sometimes that we have dinner out!” he said as he pulled me along.

We walked into a restaurant near one of Reno’s casinos as the valet parked our car. We were lead into a private dining room of the restaurant and there I saw the Versaces along with my father. My eyes widened, but fortunately, the man that I had been worried to see was not there.

“Stella, Jacob,” my dad smiled his tired smile – yet genuine – smile at us and gave us both hugs.

“Hey dad,” I smiled and hugged him back.

“Stellsy,” Elle and Elizabeth squealed before they both ran towards me, both attacking me in hugs. Then came Adeline and her husband.

“Let’s all sit,” my dad said and we all did. Both heads of the family sat on opposite sides of the table as I sat next to my brother and had the Versaces on the other side of the table.

We all ordered and our food came as we all talked mindlessly amongst ourselves.

“So, there was a reason for this dinner,” my father started. I raised an eyebrow at him as I wiped the corners of my mouth with my napkin. “you’re probably wondering how I know the Versaces,” he said to me.

I nodded at him, as this was the exact question I had in mind.

“You know that we’ve been good friends since even before you both had been born,” he said to me, and I nodded. It seemed like everyone knew what he was talking about but me. “But that’s not all.”

“I kind of figured that out,” I scoffed

“I’m the president of Google Inc.,” he told me.

If I had water, I would’ve already spit it out on Elle’s face.

“What?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, they've been short, but better than nothing right? :D