Retarded In Love

Chapter 10

I woke up the next morning around 9:15 a.m. I looked around and didn't see David, so I assumed he was at work. I noticed that I was now under a thin blanket, and wriggled my way out of it. I folded the blanket and set it across his bed neatly before sitting down on it. I didn't know what to do, or where to go. I really made an ass of myself last night. I heard a quiet polyphonic tone coming from a bag by the door. Someone must have packed me some clothes and stuff, and put my phone in the bag. I got up quickly to answer my phone.

"Hello?"

"Oh, Ellie..." Maria giggled.

"Was it bad?"

"You should have seen your face, hon. You lost it."

"How's Bam?"

"Bruised."

"His nose?"

"Ok. He looked scared when you had him pinned down, though."

We both laughed and I listened as Maria told me about last night. How as soon as my head hit the ground, everyone froze except for Bam who tried desperately to wake me up. How my mother had started crying hysterically and Maria tried her hardest to calm her down.

"Once April calmed down I went upstairs to pack you a bag and Bam took me home when he took you to David's."

"Speaking of David's, I'm tired of being here."

"Well... Where do you want to go?"

"Where's Bam?"

"Dunn's place."

"Ok. You wanna come?"

"Ok. See 'ya, girly."

We hung up and I quickly changed into the clothes Maria packed for me. She knew what I liked and what I was comfortable in. I swear we were separated at birth, she knows what I think and how I feel, and we often finish each other's sentences. It's odd, because we're so different in a few aspects. Our music tastes are pretty different, and she's a lot more well-mannered than me, our attitudes are pretty different, but we just clicked as soon as we met. I couldn't ask for a better friend. I pulled the deep crimson spaghetti-strap top down over my waist and adjusted my web belt on my big baggy black shorts. I ran my fingers through my long dark hair quickly before I heard the horn of Maria's car out front.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read.
Comment.
Subscribe.
Feedback?
Please and Thank You!