Retarded In Love

Chapter 11

I slid into the passenger seat and turned the radio down a bit. I never was much of a Celine Dion person... Maria giggled an apology at me before pulling out of the driveway. I sat quietly, listening to Maria sing softly to herself as she drove. I watched the passing scenery and replayed last night with David in my mind. I don't know why it upset me, he was thinking of my health, but it still made me mad for some reason.

Soon, we were at Ryan's house. Maria parked along the road, because the driveway was littered with chairs and people. I got out of the car and suddenly felt relaxed. There was music playing and I was surrounded by my best friends. I walked over to where Bam was standing and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and I grimaced when I saw the deep purple bruise on his cheek. He laughed lightly and pulled me into a hug.

"You ok?" He asked, handing me a bottle of water.

"Yeah. Are you?" I laughed and took a drink.

"I don't know. You hit me pretty hard. I was scared you were going to kick my ass again."

I laughed and shook my head slightly, then Bam made one of his usual faces and walked away. I stood where I was for a while and chatted with a few different people before I heard someone call my name. I turned around and noticed it was coming from the back yard. I walked around the house to see Dunn smiling widely and motioning for me to go to him.

"You're coming to California with us." He smiled.

"I know, it's great." I sat down on his lap and watched people on the half pipe in his backyard. We chatted a little, and laughed, and sang along with the music. That's what I loved about Ryan Dunn. I could spend hours with him doing nothing and still never stop laughing. He was like a second brother.

"Hey, Dunn... Why did you build this thing? You don't even skate..." I asked him.

He thought for a moment. "Because Bam wanted me to."

I laughed and got up, making my way to the people skateboarding. I eventually conned someone into letting me use their board. I climbed my way to the top, waited for it to clear, and dropped in. The adrenaline surged through me as I flew back and forth. After a while, I did a nose stall when something flew past me, distracting me. I lost balance and tumbled down the large wooden slope. Once my body came to a stop, I could hear the laughter erupt from around me. I sat up and looked over to see what had flown past me, and my eyes fell upon DiCo's hat. I picked it up, and put it on my head before standing up, earning applause from the crowd.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read.
Comment.
Subscribe.
Feedback?
Please and Thank You!