My Tattooed Angel

Shhh. Be quiet, You Might Piss Somebody Off

"Ok mom, bye." I hear followed by a door slam.

I slowly open my eyes. Chance still has his head on my lap. I hear footsteps, it can't be anyone else except Erin. Chance opens his eyes and picks up his head.

"Hey Chance...Katie...what are you doing here?" Erin asks ducking under the rubber bar.

I think about why I am here. I suddenly remember that I'm pregnant and that Brian's in jail. With that thought in mind I start crying again.

"Katie, what's wrong?" Erin asks sitting next to me.

"I'm pregnant." I say putting my head in my hands.

"Then why are you sleeping in a barn? Where's Brian?" Erin asks.

"I was sleeping in a barn because I felt lonely...Brian's in jail and he's not coming out for five months." I say.

"Jail? What happened?" Erin asks.

"He got charged for DWI." I say.

"I'm sorry Katie." Erin says.

I hear my phone ring. I look for it in my pocket, it's not there though. Erin stands up and picks it up from the opposite corner of the stall. She extends her arm too hand me my phone.

"Thanks." I say.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Katie...thank god...where are you?" Matt asks.

"With Chance." I say.

"I'm coming to get you, stay there." Matt says.

I hang up the phone and put it back in my pocket. Chance nuzzles my shoulder. I give a semi smile and stroke his nose.

"Who was that?" Erin asks.

"My friend Matt." I say.

A little while later, Matt's car pulls up the driveway. I hug Chance's neck and give him a kiss on the nose. I say bye to Erin and Walk to Matt's car. I open the door and sit in the passenger seat.

"You could have came to my house." Matt says.

"I know, I just needed to be with my baby." I say.

Baby. That reminds me...Oh, I'll tell him later. I'll tell everyone all at once, so I don't have to say it over and over again. Matt pulls up to the parked tour bus, were still going on tour? What about Brian? I walk on to the bus, there's this guy sitting on the couch.

"Who's that?" I ask.

"Oh...that's Mike." Matt says.

"Ok, and what is he doing here?" I ask.

"He's playing in Syn's place." Matt says.

"You. Replaced. Brian?" I ask giving him an evil look.

"I told you she would be pissed." Jimmy says.

"We needed a guitarist." Matt says.

"I can't believe you guys just replaced him that quickly. Brian is Brian, and no one can take him place." I say walking to the bunks

"Katie..." Matt says walking after me.

"Let her chill out." Johnny says stopping him.

There's a bag on my bed, and it's not mine. I roll my eyes and throw it on to the floor, I even kick it. That's how mad I am right now.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Mike asks picking the bag off the floor and throwing it back on the bed.

"Um...this is my bunk." I say pushing the bag off.

"Says who?" Mike asks.

"Says me." I say.

"They told me this was Brian's bunk, I thought I was his replacement." Mike says.

"One, it still IS Brian's bunk. And two, your not his replacement...your a temporary stand in." I say.

"Well, then this is my temporary bunk then." Mike says putting the bag back on the bunk.

"I'm Brian's wife god dammit. If I say you can't sleep there, you can't. Are we clear?" I say throwing the bag at Mike.

"Sure, whatever." Mike says moving his stuff to the bunk below.

I climb up to the bunk. I grab Brian's pillow and hold it close to my body as I cry. How I wish the pillow was really him, and that this whole thing was a dream. I'm really pissed at the guy's right now. They replaced Brian in one night, like Brian meant nothing to them. I stay up in the bunk and cry for an hour, but no matter what I do, it wont bring Brian back.

"Katie?" Matt asks.

"What?" I ask.

"I brought you a Carmel Latte, your favorite." Matt says.

"I can't drink coffee." I say.

"Why not?" Matt asks.

"I'm pregnant." I say.

"How long have you known?" Matt asks jumping onto the bunk sitting besides me

"I found out yesterday." I say.

"Come here." Matt says hugging me.

Right now, a hug is just a simple pleasure. A hug has never felt so good. It would be better if it was Brian, but Matt will have to do for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
For those of you who have a Buzznet, "Katie" now has one too. Add her as a friend:
http://katiebell.buzznet.com/user/profile/