Status: El Fin.

Temporary Bliss

The rain is gonna fall, the sun is gonna shine.

Cameron’s POV

“What went on back there?” Zach asked, we were walking in front of Caroline and Charlotte.

“I think we almost kissed, she didn‘t look interested though.” I sighed. “She didn‘t even look at me when she walked out of the surf shop.”

“Don‘t be so hard man. I‘m sure she really likes you.”

“You think she‘s upset?” I worried.

“She‘s probably upset because you didn‘t kiss her.” he smirked, nudging my arm.

“OR, she‘s upset because I almost kissed her, and it‘s not what she wanted.” I mumbled.

I stole a glance back at her, her head was down and she was biting her lip. Damn, she was adorable.

I focused my attention forward as we approached Zach’s SUV. I gave Charlotte a weak smile as she got in, which cause her to quickly look away. Not good.

I sighed and settled into my seat just as it started pouring.

“Perfect timing, huh?” Zach declared, looking at me in the rearview mirror.

*** *** *** *** *** ***

A few days later I was sitting on Zach’s back deck, watching him and Caroline play badminton. They had asked me if I wanted to play, but it would have been uneven teams.

After what seemed like forever of watching the world’s worst game of badminton I saw a pair of yellow converse next to me, seconds later Charlotte sat down beside me.

“Hi.” she greeted with a smile on her face.

I returned the smile, “Hey Charlotte.” that was the first time I had spoken to her, and seen her since the incident at the beach.

“Why aren‘t you playing?” she asked, gesturing towards Caroline and Zach.

“It would have been uneven teams. But that‘s my fake excuse.”

She smiled, “What‘s the real reason?”

“If I tell you, I‘ll have to kill you.”

“I think the answer might be worth death” she winked.

“I seriously suck at badminton.” I admitted.

She chuckled lightly, “That makes the two of us.”

Caroline spoke up, noticing another body next to me, “Scarlet! Wanna play? It‘ll be even teams now!”

“Nah, we‘re good.” she smiled, both of our eyes glued to each others’.

“How about we go to the beach?” Zach suggested, walking towards us. "It's getting boring with just two people, no offence babe." Caroline just stuck her tongue out and placed her racket on the deck.

“I‘m always down for the beach.” Charlotte spoke up. My stomach twisted in knots, remembering what happened last time.

“Boom, it‘s settled. We‘re going to the beach.” Zach proclaimed.

“I‘m going to head home and get my swim suit, is that alright?” Charlotte said, standing up.

I followed her lead and stood up too. Zach shot me a look that said, ‘go with her.’

“I‘ll go with you.” I offered, grinning. I realized how creepy that must look and quickly took the creeper-status-smile off of my face.

“Great, we‘ll meet you back here.” she said as we both headed off to her house. we were going to stop at mine on our way back.

Since she didn’t drive, and it was really nice out, we decided to walk the couple of blocks to her house.

Charlotte’s POV

Neither of us had said anything for a few blocks, eventually Cameron spoke up, “Are you alright?”

I looked up at him and smiled, “Yeah, I‘m great.”

He went to say something but his words were cut off by thunder. Great.

“You have got to be kidding me.” I mumbled as it started to rain. We both quickened our pace and by the time we arrived at my house it was pouring, leaving both of us soaked.

We entered my house, and Cameron called Zach; we were no longer going to the beach, and were going to meet up when the rain wasn’t so heavy.

“You can wear my brother‘s clothes, if that‘s alright with you.” I said, handing him a grey pair of sweatpants and white v-neck.

“That‘ll be fine.” he smiled.

“Alright, I‘m going to go change in my room.” I said, leaving him in my brothers room to change.

I quickly dried off and changed into a pair of jean shorts and a black shirt with the yellow Batman logo on it. I ran a brush through my hair then opened my bedroom door and walked right into a shirtless Cameron.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Title Credit:
Sweet and Low by Augustana.

I have decided that I will get Death Cab for Cutie to play at my wedding reception, and my first dance will be to Transatlanticism and everyone will dance and sing along, and if you don’t your prissy ass will be escorted out.

I have Sonny’s (aka The Cab’s tour manager) number. He had to call me for the m&g, so we could meet up so he could take us backstage, and he didn’t *67. I should just call and ask for Singer/Marshall/Joey.

Animal by The Cab makes me want to have sex with Singer.

you should read this, if you want.

The only thing I have been listening to = Savage Garden (Remember them?!), The Cab, The Jayhawks, Tom Petty, Wild Nothing & Death Cab.

Thank youuuuuuuuu to these rad commenters:

ABubLover17
xJonasAdubAmaze
xxErika411xx
livingeachdayatatime
Addicted2Adub
saving grace.
musiclover14
mandies
ABubLover17
MsCameronQ806
nessiii23
katiecutting
ayeitsaleciaa
iGNORANCEiSBLiSS6
OfficialMatilda96

I know I don’t have to do this anymore, because you’re all so amazing, buuuut…comments can be made HERE.