Turtle

I'm a Turtle

I heard Trevor shout something behind me but I ignored it. My neck burned and my face flushed with embarrassment.Why was he being so mean to me? I'd met Trevor my freshman year at marching band camp. He used to tell me that my sister was hot and ask why i wasn't more like her. He was a jerk at heart, i couldn't change that. I didn't normally let his words get to me, but being called a turtle really got me for some reason.

I pushed open the door to the school parking lot and sat on the sidewalk. I'd been insulted by a scrawny 5'2 less than genius senior in front of everyone. I felt tears burning at me eyes begging me to let them run down my face. I let one tear fall before I heard Kayla calling me.
"Eve!" She called. I looked up, there was Kayla dragging some boy behind her and waving at me. I wiped my face and stood up.
"Hey, Kayla...who's he?" I pointed to the boy. He was big, his jaw line was Strong and his lips were large.
"Eve, this is HD Buns, He's a senior." Kayla hugged HD Buns, her long braids whipping as she did.
"What happened to um, Ty-" I started to ask her what happened to Tyrone but she put her hand over my mouth.
"Who? " She looked at me, wide-eyed, trying to tell me not to say anything.
"Never mind. So, your name is HD Buns?"
"Yeah" The boy answered. His voice was deep and smooth.
"By law?" I asked. The boy smiled then broke into a laugh.
"You are funny, girl. Come on Kayla, you can talk to your friend later." He grabbed Kayla's waist and pulled her away, Kayla giggled.
"Oh, See you later then." I called to Kayla, somewhat insulted by her leaving me. I sat back down and thought about turtles.
They were ugly
They were unimportant
They were stupid according to Finding Nemo
I was ugly, unimportant, and stupid. I was a turtle. I could already tell this would be a terrible year, only one week into my sophomore year and I'd already been insulted by a senior.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know!