Status: Active- Short Story

A Perfect Tale

The Notebook

I felt like a creeper.

I am a creeper.

Mrs. O’Neil drone on and on about John Irving’s novel A Prayer for Owen Meany and I paid no attention to her, why? Because my eyes attention stayed on every move Michael made. She sigh in defeat once again her class of seniors paid no attention to her.

“Class you guys are free for the rest of the period.” She said causing everyone the classroom to erupt in cheers.

I close my English notebook and pull out my little secret notebook out of my bag. It had a heart drawn and colored in red crayon, thanks to my little sister Adrian. I open it and pull it closer to myself, it’s meant for my eyes and my eyes only on occasions my best friend, Samantha gets a peek at it. Everyone pulled their desk closer to their friends to create a circle- I only have Samantha pull up next to me.

“Writing in there again?” She asks trying to look over a stack of books on my desk to look at my book.

“Yes.” I said pulling the book closer to me annoyed with her intrusive actions. She gives me a ‘get-serious-look.’ She already knew what lays inside there’s no sense in hiding its contents from her, but at the same token its private and just because on occasions I let her look at it does not mean she can do it all the time.

Samantha sighs and places her hand on her cheek so her arm could hold up her head. Her long raven hair is tied up in a lose ponytail and her huge glass swallowed up her small face once more.

“I wish he knew our name.” He is Michael Evans, the boy Samantha, and half the girls in the universe are crazy over.

“He knows my brother’s name.” I say lamely and she glares at me.

“Your brothers not yours.” she said. Her words slapping me with a well needed dose of reality.

“He only knows your last name and it’s because your brother was like a God over here when we were freshmen.” Samantha said sighing while biting her lip.

“Remember the huge crush I had on him?” she said slapping my arm and giggling at herself.

“You were completely in love with him. You followed him everywhere.” I said laughing while flipping through the pages of my book. I have some pictures of Michael cut out and taped to some pages, articles of his games, poems, and some situations I could only imagine that would happen.

“Yeah too bad what happened to him after he came back from the war-” Samantha stops herself from saying more one she meets my glare.

Jared left to the war straight out of high school, but upon his return after injuring his shoulder to the point that he cannot return to fulfill his duty he turned to alcohol. That is our shame my brother the Michael Evans of this high school before Michael Evans entered a drunk, but no one could understand him, his pain, his trauma the things he’s seen have severely damage him.

A paper ball hit me on the head and lands on my desk. I look around to see where the paper ball came from.

“Jeremy you idiot look what you did.” Scarlet exclaimes slapping that idiot of Jeremy Santana on the arm.

“He’s sorry Sherlyn.” Scarlet said apologizing for him.

“Its fine.” I said in a small voice.

“No I’m not sorry hey you whatever your name is Perry give me back that ball?” My blood boils how I hate this guy!

“Sure I’ll give you your ball back because we all know how you’re missing those.” I said and Samantha’s eyes bulge out of her skull, and her mouth forms a really big o shape I never defend myself. Michael laughs out loud and claps his hands. God, his laugh is beautiful.

“That’s not funny.” Jeremy hiss at his best friend.

“Listen you dork…” he began but Michal cut him off.

“Hey relax. You started it. One she’s a girl don’t speak to girls like that.” Michael said. I smile what a gentlemen.

“Yeah.” Scarlet agreed.

“-And two her name is Sherlyn Perry as in Jared Perry’s little sister. Do you really want him to come here and pound your face in?” Michael said and then turn to face me.

“I’m sorry about my best friend Sherlyn he’s a little crabby today… it’s that time of the month.” he whisper to me me and all their friends laughed. I smile.

“No problem Michael.” I said chucking the ball at him. He caught it perfectly.

“Thank you.” He said turning right back around to face Scarlet.

“Oh my God he talked to you.” Samantha squeals in a low tone. I roll my eyes at her.

“….Did you hear the way my name rolled off his tongue?” I say lowly feeding into her girl moment and we laugh out loud. I quickly scribbled in my notebook what just happened. So what I have an unhealthy obsession. Who has to know? As long as no one finds out how crazy I am for Michael Evans I have nothing to worry about.

The bell rang signalizing its lunch time.
“Finally! I’m freaking starving.” Samantha complains.

I slowly pack my stuff away. I like to make sure I have everything.

“Sherry! Hurry up if we don’t get a move on the chicken nuggets are going to be all gone by the time we get there. Come on! Come on!” Samantha rushed.

“Ok I’m done!” I said just scoping up all my notebooks in my arms and running after her.

Jeremy angrily pulls his book bag on when he catches sight of a little notebook slipping from Perry’s little sisters arms. She didn’t notice because she ran after the loser girl with the huge glasses and little face.

Jeremy makes his way over to the notebook and picks it up he opens his mouth to call her but thought otherwise. He smirks he could use this to get her to do his English homework.

Jeremy stuffed the notebook in his book bag and makes his way to the lunch room.

Later on at night fall .....

I ransack my whole house looking for my notebook. I couldn’t have left it in school? My life would be over if someone finds it!

“What are you looking for?” Jared asked. I stare up at him he’s sober?

“A little notebook-” he cut me off.

“The one you’re always with that has the little heart on it?” he ask.

“Yes!” I said excitedly. He’s seen it?

“No haven’t seen it …maybe your friend Samantha has it?” he suggested.

“Samantha!” I exclaim.

“You’re such a genius!” I yell running up to him and kissing him on the cheek. Jared laughed.

I pull out my cell phone and text Samantha.

“Sam, do you have my notebook?”

“What notebook?”

“THE notebook you idiot.” I huff angrily she has to ask?

‘No you lost it? And did you just call me an idiot?’

I didn’t have a chance to answer her stupid question because I broke out in a cold sweat panic swept through me like a tidal wave. I raided my house.

“What are you doing?” Jared yelled at me while I shred my room.

“I NEED TO FIND THAT NOTEBOOK!” I yell at him.

“What the hell was in that thing anyways?” he asked while helping me look for it.

“Stuff.” I said trying to avoid giving a direct answer to his question.

“Stuff like what? Did you have a plot to rule the world I don’t know about?” he jokes still looking for it. I slowly turn to face him.

“Uhh..” I say causing Jared to stare at me strangely.
“Sherry?” he asks.

“I sort of proclaimed my love over and over and over again for Michael Evans in a slightly obsessive unhealthy way.” I finish in a squeak.

“Oh no not you to.” he groans.

“Well…” I began

“Does every female have the hots for him?” he throws his hands up in the air.

“Oh please Jare you were him a few years ago. You had this house filled with adoring girls all throwing themselves on you it was disgusting.” I told him.

“Disgusting? Sherlyn you are one of those girls!” he yelled.

“NO! I’m not over at his house.”

“No but you keep a creepy book about his life! You’re worse than the girls at his house.” he said. I groan and slap my forehead and sat down on my bed.

“You’re right. I’m such a creep…… Jared my life is over whoever has that book has me in there hands.” I said to my brother.

Jeremy lay on his bed with his arms on his forehead he sighs and turns to his side. His gaze lands on the notebook on top of his computer desk. He smiles and walks over to it and picks it up. He threw himself on his bed and opened the book.

‘It’s probably her English notebook.’ he thought.

Jeremy began to flip through the book and he read every single thing Sherlyn Perry had written in that note book.

“Oh God! What a freak.” he said laughing hard at how Sherlyn proclaimed her love for Michael.

“I’m so showing this to everyone tomorrow.” he said after reading what Sherlyn thought of him.

That is till he got to the last page of the book.

I just wish Jeremy would whisk Scarlet away and leave Michael all alone. Without the idiot of his friend and Scarlet in the way I’m sure I could make Michael mine. If only a guy would tempt Scarlet I could tempt Michael. Times like this I wish I had a male best friend we could have teamed up and made a fake relationship and split up the “it” couple.’

Jeremy closed the notebook he could do much more with this than bribe her to do his English homework. He could make his dream come true. He laughs.

“A fake relationship. Who knew little Sherlyn Perry would become my new girlfriend.” Jeremy laughed out loud playing with her little notebook.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little sucky but the first chapter starts off a little slow....

The next chapter the story will kick off! & you guys will love it!

Subscribe please <3

I hope you guys like & this becomes a 10 star story. :-)