Status: Active- Short Story

A Perfect Tale

Lets Start This Shhhh...

I doubled over and laughed till I was sure I was red in the face. Jeremy sighs in an annoyed manner.

“Are you serious? Your girlfriend.” I laugh some more.

“Look asshole-” I cut him off by raising a finger.

“Wait.. Wait…. You want me to be your girlfriend? What the hell is the matter with you bro? Are you sick?” I ask placing the back of my hand on his forehead. Jeremy slaps my hand away annoyed.

“’Cuz I know you don’t like me so that’s not it. Or have you been harboring an underlying passion for me this whole time?” I said crossing my arms over my chest and ending in a girly voice.

“I don’t your really not my type.” he said. That stung but I kept my cool.

“I know I’m not and you’re not mines either. So what’s up with you?” I ask sobering down to chuckles.

“Yeah your type is Michael.” he says in a feminine voice. I glare.

“Look when I say I want you to be my girlfriend I mean let’s start a fake relationship. I love Scarlet and Michael knew that but that didn’t stop him from going after her. He who was supposed to be my best friend.” he said. I shut my mouth Jeremy…seemed much more human after that and Michael less like a prince in my eyes.

“So what would a fake relationship do?” I mumble.

“I tempt Scarlet and you tempt Michael and we split them up.” he said simply.

“That sounds so dirty.” I said he gives me a slow smile.

“Don’t look so surprised after all it was your idea Perry.” he said I furrow my eyebrows.

“Don’t try to pin your idiotic plans on me, Santana.”

“Look in your notebook at the last page.” he says. I flip to the last page were I see two read stars one at the beginning and the other at the ending of a paragraph.

“I didn’t mean this. I just wrote it… I.” I said searching for words.

“Yeahhh. Look I really don’t care what you meant but here’s the deal either you’re my fake girlfriend and help me split them up and get Scarlet or I’ll show the whole school your stalker side and make sure to ruin your fucking life. You have 5 seconds.”

“5” I flip through my notebook.

“4”

“This seems so wrong.” I said feeling dirty to go along with this.

“3”

“2”

“Alright. Alright. I’ll be your fake girlfriend and help you get Scarlet.” I said.

“1”. he looks up smiling from his watch.

“Good choice.” he winks.

“Now we need to get our story straight on how we met and how this started because people are going to ask.” I said. Jeremy shrugs and sits down. I roll my eyes the idiot hadn’t even thought about that.

****************************************************************

I push the cafeteria door open and buy myself soda and chips. I take a seat across Samantha.

“Dude where the hell where you? Did you skip class?” Samantha said incredulously.

“Uh yeah. I had some stuff to take care off.”

“What stuff? What’s more important than school? Hello senior year.” she said I roll my eyes.

“Everything is more important than school.” she looks at me weirdly. I always make sure my grades are top notch. Skipping class is defiantly not me Samantha knows something is going on with me.

Jeremy struts into the cafeteria like the big man on campus he thinks he is and sat down with his friends.

“Where the fuck did you go Santana?” asked Joel, one of Jeremy’s best friend.

“I was handling some business.” he said simply taking a sip of his water.

“Getting some in school?” Joel asked smirking.

“No you idiot.” Jeremy growls.

“Not everything is sex you tool.” Scarlet said leaning on Michael.

“Yeah I agree.” Michael said kissing her temple. Jeremy gritted his teeth.

“I was with a girl but not getting some.” Jeremy said. Everyone snaps their heads to face Jeremy.

“A girl?” Michael asks.

“Jeremy do you have a girlfriend?” Scarlet asks interested.

‘Might as well start this lie now.’ Jeremy thought.

“Yeah I do.” he said shrugging everyone stares at the other in surprise.

“What’s her name? Who is she? Why didn’t I know?” Michael asks.

‘Maybe because I didn’t want you to take her too.’ Jeremy though bitterly.

“We just wanted to keep it under wraps for a while.” Jeremy says nonchalantly.

“When can we meet her?” Scarlet asks. Jeremy had to remind himself not to concentrate on how pretty her smile is.

“Uhh do you guys want to meet her now?” he asks.

“She’s here?” Michael asks.

“Yeah.”

“Yeah I want to meet her.” Scarlet said.

“We all want to meet her.” Michael said and everyone agreed.

“She’s not from our social circle so just be nice to her.” he warns looking directly at Joel.

“Hey! I’m always nice.” he said. Jeremy gave him a look.

“He’ll be nice. I’ll make sure of it.” Scarlet promises.

“Yeah so will I bro.” Michael said. Jeremy sighs.

“Fine.” he grumbles and get up. He makes his way to Sherlyn and stops right in front of her. Sherlyn and Samantha stop laughing and Samantha stares at him dumbly and Sherlyn glares. The whole school stops and stare why was Jeremy Santana speaking to Sherlyn Perry or Samantha Cord?

“Uh my friends want to meet you.” he said dumbly.

“What?” Samantha asks dumbly.

“Remember I told you I had more important stuff to do than stay in Red’s class.” she nodded and I pointed at Jeremy.

“Meet my more important stuff….. Jeremy is my boyfriend.” I said awkwardly. Samantha’s eyes widen.

“Since when?” she asks.

“Since a month now shut the fu-” Sherlyn glares at Jeremy who shuts his mouth. Now that he’s see Cord without her glasses, oversized sweater, her hair loose she’s actually pretty. Who knew?.

“I wanted to tell you but we both agreed to keep it under wraps at least for a month.” A hurt expression crosses Samantha’s face.
“Oh ok.”

“Let’s go Sherlyn babe.” Jeremy said nicely through gritted teeth.

“I’ll be right back.” I say flipping my long hair back. She just nods. I make a mental note to speak to her when I get back from this torture. Jeremy grips my elbow and drags me to his table. ‘Everyone stared what was a nobody like Sherlyn Perry doing with second in command Jeremy Santana? I’m sure is the thought running through their minds.

Joel burst out laughing.

“Perry? Sherlyn Perry? …my boy is desperate.” Joel said to Scarlet and Michael.

“Shut the hell up they are coming.” Scarlet hisses at Joel. He kept laughing. Scarlet looks over at Michael.

“Joel.” Michael said. Joel sobered up.

“Great.” Sherlyn hisses at Jeremy.

“I’ll talk to him now walk faster.” Jeremy said to me when I saw Joel laughing as we made our way to the “cool” table. I cross my arms over my chest. I had on a simple pink tee shirt, jeans, and converse.

“Uh Sherlyn and I are dating.” Jeremy said dumbly as everyone stared at us stupidly. A pregnant silence fills the air….. After a while I nod my head and purse my lips.

“Well this is awkward.” I said and tried to walk away but Jeremy’s iron grip around my waist kept me in place that and he had my life in his hands.

“Sherlyn I’m sorry. We are just surprised it’s not like you guys-” I cut her off.

“Are from the same social circle?” I ask her.

“No it’s not like that and you know that.” she said smiling.

“You guys are always at each others throat. I thought you guys hated each other.” Michael said. I had to remind myself not to swoon over him especially not in front of his girlfriend.

“Yeah that was part of the cover up.” I lied quickly. Jeremy looked at me the idiot couldn’t even lie on the spot to save his ass.

“Cover up? Why lie?” He ask.

“Like I said earlier Jeremy and I we aren’t from the same social circle…. I thought you guys wouldn’t approve.” I continue playing with my hands, a nervous habit while Jeremy stood like a jackass next to me.

“Well if you guys really liked each other we wouldn’t have cared. Social statuses don’t matter to us as long as Jeremy is happy.” Michael said.

“Yeah plus Sherlyn I work with you in the year book committee, national honors society, and school paper. I thought we were cool I’d defiantly approve you’re a nice girl that’s all the matters to us.” Scarlet finished and I smile.

I felt like someone had kicked me in the gut. I am scum beneath the earth how could I do this to Scarlet? ‘ Lusting after her boyfriend in secret is one thing but now trying to deliberately separate her and Michael? I had a special place in hell for this one. I smile.

“Thank you Scarlet… Michael it means allot that you accept me. Right Jeremy?” I say through gritted teeth. I wrap my arm around his waist and pinched him on his side he jumped slighty.

“Uh yeah its cool guys thanks.” He said.

“So…. How do you guys like …. Kiss?” Joel asked laughing. Jeremy places his hand on Joel’s shoulder and squeezed to the point where Joel screams like a girl and jumped trying to push Jeremy off. I was slightly touched by Jeremy’s action …but then again if he didn’t someone would know something is up. Why wouldn’t a guy try to defend his girlfriend? Joel gingerly rubs his shoulder and glare at Jeremy and I.

“I don’t know Joel how does your mom kiss you? Because we all know that’s the only woman who would kiss you sober.” Michael busted out laughing along with Scarlet and the rest of the guys on the table.

“She’s ballsy.” Andrew said grinning at me.

“What did you say Perry? Wanna repeat that?” Joel said standing up. Jeremy got in his face and Joel shrank down.

“Don’t worry Jeremy.” I said pushing him lightly to the side.

“I don’t think I need to repeat it Knight.” I said calling him by his last name.

“-think you heard me crystal clear now if you’d like how about today after school you repeat what you just said. When my brother Jared, comes to pick me up.” I said in his face. Joel swallows hard and sat back down turning his back on me.

“Well it was nice talking to everyone I’m glad you guys know and that no one has a problem right?” I asked.

“None.”
“Zip.”
“Nada.”
“None at all.” came from all over the table.

“Joel?” I ask and smile. He glares at me and stuffs a fried in his mouth.

“No” he grunt out. I smile at Scarlet one last time.

“Well I hope to talk to you guys soon. See everything went well.” I said smiling at Jeremy and he smiles back.

“I see baby.”

“I see you later baby.” we look to the side. Everyone stared at us waiting for us to kiss. Jeremy places his hand on my cheek and leans down. Oh dear God he wouldn’t kiss me right now and here would he? He placed his soft lips on my mine.

’Mother fu-

I keep my lips still and push a little just to make it look like we have a loving relationship. He pulls away a quick tap kiss but enough to convince his friends, Samantha, and everyone in the cafeteria who had their eyeballs glued to us confirmed that Jeremy and I, are an item. I quickly walk to my table and ignore all the looks I received. I sit across from Samantha who looks at me under her lashes.

“We will talk later.” she said.

“Samantha-”

“Later.” she cut me off. I sigh and we eat lunch quietly.

*************************************************************************************

Later at Michael’s place.

“I like her. She gave me a bonner when she told Joel to stuff it. I like them feisty ” Justin said laughing along with Michael and Jeremy.

“It’s not funny.” Joel said.

“Yeah it is. You deserved it. Why did you ask that question? Because you wanted to be an asshole for no reason. I for one am glad she told you to stick it.” said Leila. Andrew chuckles and kisses his girlfriend on her temple Joel glares at her.

Michael hit Jeremy on the shoulder.

“I like her man. I’m glad. I think she’ll be good for you.” he said seriously and Jeremy nods.

“Yeah Jeremy I’m really glad you’re dating her.” Scarlet said.

“Yeah well I should go and call her or something.” Jeremy said .

“See ya!” he calls and leaves the group.

“Well we should get going.” Andrew said wiggling his eyebrows at Leila and she caught on.

“We should.” she said getting up.

“Bye.” the couple called in unison running.

“Ew.” Scarlet said and everyone laughs knowing what the couple would be doing in a few hours.

“Yeah I have to go home and enjoy free crib while I have it. See ya.” Joel said and ran off. Justin nods and looks around to see the group had reduced itself to Michael, Scarlet, and he.

“Well I should get going because ….. Well I just don’t want to be a cock blocker; therefore, I should probably go do an essay or something. See ya.” he said and ran off.

Scarlet and Michael laugh together after Michael heard the door slam and was sure everyone had left he turned to Scarlet.

“So are you really glad for Jeremy?” Michael ask leaning back on his couch.

“Hell no that bitch is annoying.” Scarlet said pulling out a cigarette and lighting it.

“Yeah me either…. but I think she’s too good and nice for a douche bag like Jeremy. Don’t get me wrong he’s my best friend and all but he’s …. useless.” he said chuckling while Scarlet took a puff of her cigarette.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & subscribe por favor <3

If you like this story then read my other stories especially What Lies Behind Ocean Ties and Open Skies.

I'd love to make this a 10 star story guys but I need your help xD :-)