One of the Boys

Bad Day, Part 2

“Thanks Joe,” I said taking the ball from Joe’s hands. He smiled.

“Come in,” I invited him in. he came in while I took my new basketball to my room. I would have to get a basketball hoop.

I walked back to the living room and saw Joe sitting on the couch.

“So where are we going?” I asked. He smiled.

“It’s a surprise,” he said, just like last time. He got up and we walked to his car. He opened my door for me then he got in his side. After a few minutes of driving we came to a park. Joe got out and opened my door for me. I looked around and saw the park had swings, a jungle gym and a big hill. We were at the bottom of the hill. Joe grabbed my hand and he led me up the hill. When we got to the top I saw the sun setting. It was beautiful. Joe and I sat down on the grass and watched the sun set. When it disappeared below the horizon we got up.

“That was amazing,” I said looking at Joe. He smiled.

“Glad you liked it,” he said. We walked back down the hill and got in his car.

“So, what time do you have to be home?” I asked Joe.

“Nine,” he replied.

“Why? Do you want me to leave?” he asked acting hurt.

“No, I wanted to know if you had enough time to watch a movie at my house,” I said. He smiled.

“I have enough time,” he said. We got to my house and walked inside. I sat down.

“My DVD collection is over there,” I told Joe, pointing to my bookshelf filled with DVD’s. He went over to it and looked at all my DVD’s. He finally picked one. He handed it to me. It was Eagle Eye, my favorite movie.

“Good choice. Better than Titanic,” I said as I got up. I put the movie in the DVD player and clicked play. After the movie we ate some leftover Macaroni and cheese.

I walked Joe to the front porch. He turned around.

“Goodnight Alex,” he said. He leaned forward and kissed me. This time I kissed him back. We both pulled away a few seconds later. He smiled.

“Night Joe,” I said. He got in his car and drove off. I walked back inside and closed the door. I slid down to the floor. I felt guilty again, but this time the guilt was worse. I need to get over Nick or make him mine.

The next day I was awakened by my stereo. I turned it off and got ready for work. I didn’t feel good today, I still felt guilty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My phone rang while I was stocking shelves with cereal. I looked at the caller ID, even though I had a pretty good idea of who it was. Caller Unknown. Why did they always call me while I was at work?

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hey Alex,” I recognized the voice as Nick’s. I suddenly felt happy.

“Hey Nick!” I exclaimed happily.

“I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today at my house,” he said. Of course I wanted to hang out with him.

“Yeah, but you’ll have to wait until I get off work in an hour,”

“Ok. So I’ll meet you at the gate in an hour?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh, and bring a swimsuit.”

“Ok,” I said. I closed my phone and continued to work. I can’t wait until my shift is over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I drove up to the gate and Nick was there, just like he said. He got in the car as I drove through the gates. We drove to Nick’s house and I got out and brought my small backpack with my swimsuit in it. When we walked through the house to the backyard I didn’t see anyone or hear anything.

“Where is everyone?” I asked Nick.

“Mom and dad went to Wal-mart to buy groceries and they brought Frankie with them. Kevin and Joe are out shopping,” Nick answered as we walked outside. I looked to the right side of the backyard and saw the biggest pool I had ever seen in my entire life. Why hadn’t I noticed it before?

“Nice pool,” I said. Nick smiled.

“Thanks. So, you can change inside, I have my swimsuit on under my clothes,” he said. I walked in the house and found the bathroom. I changed into my swimsuit and walked back to the pool. I saw Nick had already changed and I couldn’t help but stare at him.

He turned to look at me and caught me staring at him. He smiled.

“Nice swimsuit,” he said. I was wearing a one piece; I didn’t feel comfortable in a bikini. I frowned, and he noticed.

“I didn’t mean that as an insult. I like girls who don’t show off everything. Haven’t you heard the line ‘Modesty is just so hard to find’ from our song Lovebug?” he asked. I shook my head.

“I don’t listen to your music,” I said.

“But I’d like to hear it,” I added. He smiled.

“Wait here,” he told me as he ran inside. A few minutes later he came out with a guitar. I was sitting in a chair near the pool. He got a chair and sat next to me.

“This is Lovebug,” he said. He began plucking strings.

“Called you for the first time yesterday
Finally found the missing part of me
Fell so close but you were far away
Left me without anything to say

Now I’m speechless
Over the edge I’m just breathless
I never thought that I’d catch this lovebug again
Hopeless head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I’d get hit by this lovebug again

I can’t get your smile out of my mind
I can’t get you out of my mind
I think about your eyes all the time
Beautiful but you don’t even try
You don’t even, don’t even try
Modesty is just so heard to find

Now I’m speechless
Over the edge I’m just breathless
I never thought that I’d catch this lovebug again
Hopeless head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I’d get hit by this lovebug again

Kissed her for the first time yesterday
Everything I wished that it would be
Suddenly I forgot how to speak
Hopeless, breathless, baby can’t you see?

Now I’m…
Now I’m speechless
Over the edge I’m just breathless
I never thought that I’d catch this lovebug again
Hopeless head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I’d get hit by this lovebug again
Oh, lovebug again."


I clapped my hands. The song was nice, and Nick’s voice made me melt inside. I would have to buy their CD. Nick smiled. I looked in his eyes. Big mistake. When I looked in his eyes it was like I couldn’t look away even if I wanted too. It was like I was in a trance. Slowly I leaned forward, I was like a magnet, I was attracted to him. I thought I saw him lean forward too. Suddenly I remembered he had a girlfriend. I leaned back.

“I-I-I’m sorry,” I stuttered, embarrassed. Did he lean forward too or had I imagined it because I wanted it so much?

“It’s ok. Let’s just forget that happened,” he said awkwardly. I nodded. He set the guitar down. Suddenly he grabbed me and threw me over his back.

“Nick! Put me down!” I yelled. Suddenly I felt myself flying through the air. I felt myself hit water and sink. I swam to the surface out of breath. Nick was standing at the edge of the pool laughing. I swam over to him. I grabbed his hand and pulled him in. It was my turn to laugh. Nick swam to the surface.

“No fair, I wasn’t ready,” he complained, crossing his arms.

“Oh, please. I could’ve pulled you in even if you had been ready,” I said with a smirk. He stuck his tongue out at me like a 5 year old. I laughed and splashed him. He splashed me back and we started splashing each other.

One hour we were both laying down on a beach towel, letting the sun dry us. I closed my eyes.

“Are you still going to teach me guitar?” I asked Nick.

“Yeah, if you still want me to,” he said. I nodded and I smiled. I could stay like this, with Nick right beside me, forever.

Suddenly I heard a noise coming from the house. I sat up. Joe walked out and when he saw me he smiled and walked over to us.

“Hi Alex, what are you doing over here?” he asked.

“Nick asked me if I wanted to hang out,” I answered. Joe spotted Nick’s guitar.

“What’s your guitar doing out here?” he asked Nick.

“I was playing Alex one of our songs, she’s never heard one of our songs before,” he said.

“Well, let’s play her some songs,” Joe said with a smile. “I’ll go get Kevin.” He set Nick’s guitar down and went back in the house. He came back a few minutes with Kevin and a guitar. They sat down next to us. Nick picked up his guitar and Joe handed Kevin the guitar he was carrying.

“What song should we play?” Nick asked.

“S.O.S,” Joe said. Kevin started to pluck guitar strings in a catchy tune.

“Told you I made dinner plans
For you and me and no one else
That don’t include your crazy friends
Well I’m done with awkward situations, empty conversations

Oh, this is an SOS
Don’t wanna second guess
This is the bottom line it’s true
I gave my all for you
Now my hearts in two
And I can’t find the other half
It’s like I’m walking on broken glass
Better believe I bled
It’s a call I’ll never get

So this is where the story end
A conversation on IM
Well I’m with texting sorry for the miscommunication

Oh, this is an SOS
Don’t wanna second guess
This is the bottom line it’s true
I gave my all for you
Now my hearts in two
And I can’t find the other half
It’s like I’m walking on broken glass
Better believe I bled
It’s a call I’ll never get

Next time I see you
Giving you a high-five
Cause hugs are overrated just FYI

Oh, this is an SOS
Don’t wanna second guess
This is the bottom line it’s true
I gave my all for you
Now my hearts in two

Yeah, Oh this an SOS
Don’t wanna second guess
This is the bottom line it’s true
I gave my all for you
Now my hearts in two
And I can’t find the other half
It’s like I’m walking on broken glass
Better believe I bled
It’s a call I’ll never get
Call I’ll never get
Call I’ll never get."


I clapped my hands. I loved how their voices harmonized perfectly and the song was catchy too.

They played five more songs, Hold On, Year 3000, When You Look Me In The Eyes, Mandy, Love Is On It’s Way, and Live To Party. They were all good songs, but my favorite was Lovebug, mostly because Nick was the one who sang it to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Another update. Ok, so leave a comment and tell me what you think. You know, what you want to happen, who you want Alex to end up with. All that stuff. =)