Sequel: Mirror Image
Status: Finished, Complete, DONE! Read the Sequel ;)

Just Like You...

Recorders and Violins...Bach from the Dead

SHEA POV

When I'd opened my eyes again, the bus was stopped and I could hear people moving around outside. I slipped out of Jacky's arms and turned around to look at him once I'd stood up.

He won't keep his promise…I know it. But, I want him to. I want to trust him so badly.

But I can't.

I went to the bathroom to wash my face and change before exiting the bus, shielding my eyes from the bright sunlight.

"Vincent still asleep?" My brother asked me.

"Yeah."

"You guys looked cute curled up on the couch all lovey-dovey and such." He teased.

"Shut uuuuuuup!" I whined, blushing a little.

"Awe, come on, Radke, leave her alone." A girl walked over.

She was much older than I was and I know I recognized her from somewhere…but I'd never like formally met her…shit…what's her name?

"Hey, you must be Shea." She smiled. "I'm Sammi."

"Oh! I know you!" realization struck me. "That sounds stalkerish…well it's nice to meet you!"

"You too." She smiled.

"Have you seen Andy anywhere? I need his help with something." I looked around.

"Yeah, he's back at the bus." She smiled.

"Thanks!" I smiled back."I'll see ya round?"

"Mhmm, I'm on tour with you guys for a few days. Sunday I go home because I have work Monday."

"Cool! We should hang out." Okay so that probably was retarded she's how much older than me?

"That sounds cool." She nodded.

"Awesome! I'll see ya!" I waved and skipped off to find Andy.

"LOOK IT'S SHEA!"

Oh fuck…I'm not that big yet am I?

"Hi…" I awkwardly smiled at the group of girls behind me.

"You're Ronnie Radke's sister right?" One asked.

"Yeah, one of them." I smiled.

"Your music is awesome, I can't believe I've never heard of you before!" Another girl grinned.

"Uh, wow, thanks." I tugged the ends of my hair.

"Do you guys have a CD?"

"Our EPs on iTunes…" I trailed off.

"But you're under Epitaph! You must have a CD?" A third girl in their group questioned.

"We…haven't gotten around to recording a CD yet, the tour's taking up our time…but there'll be one soon I'm sure." I smiled.

"Awesome!"

Fans are scary…they're just talking to me…I'm scared. I don't like people.

"Can you sign my arm?"

"Uh…" I took the sharpie she was holding out for me. "Sure?"

"She'd love to." I felt an arm across my shoulders. The girls looked up in awe. "Hey there."

"Girls, meet Andy." I laughed at their expressions. "Maybe you'd rather he sign?"

"Both please?" She gave a shy smile.

"Sure." Andy nodded. I paused. "You gonna sign or am I gonna have to forge your signature, Zip?"

"You're calling me Zip now?" I laughed, scribbling my name on the girl's arm. "Is that okay?"

"Yeah." She smiled.

"Yes, I'm calling you Zip." He grinned, signing his own name.

"Lovely." I snorted.

"Are you guys together?" The girl who's iPod I was now signing asked.

"No, let me tell you a funny story." Andy smiled. "Do you know the band Falling in Reverse? Well once upon a time, Zip's brother sent his guitarist, Jacky, to pick up these two lost girls from the deserts of Nevada. One of the girls fell madly in love with her savior. And that, is how Zipper and Jacky, or Jipper, came to be."

"You loser!" I hit him lightly.

"See her blush?" He stage whispered behind his hand to one of the girls. She giggled.

"Awe, that's cute." She smiled.

"Well, if you're done signing everything…" I trailed off, "I have a favor I need to ask of you."

"Oh, well then I best be going girls! Enjoy the show!" Andy signed one last cellphone and we made our way back to his bus.

"Awe…your couch is bigger than ours." I frowned when we got on.

"Your bathroom has a working shower…who's fucking bus has a working shower?! Where does the water come from?!" He made a face.

"Well I don't know, I'm just glad we have it!" I shrugged.

"Now what's this favor you need of me?" He flopped down on the couch and nodded for me to sit down too.

"I need help writing a song."

"You can't do that yourself?"

"No, well, yes of course I can, I do it all the time it's just--" He raised his eyebrow at me, "Well I need help this time."

"Okay, you've got it. You have any lyrics yet? Chords? A general sound?"

"Uh…sorta…" I bit my lip.

"Well let's hear it then."

"Uh…" I blinked, "Ba…da…da…da-da…ba-da…ba…" I grinned sheepishly.

"Square one?" He laughed.

"Yeaaaaah…"

"Okay, well what's it about?"

"Clearly about sheep, did you not hear the baa-ing?" Jinxx asked, walking out. "Have either of you seen Sammi?"

"She's outside somewhere being mauled by the sheep I'm writing about." I told him.

"Awe, lil' Radke's angry." He teased lightly.

"No, I'm frustrated. I've never written a song about being in love…they're all kinda…angry."

"Oh well, that's easy." Jinxx sat down across from us. "Make it softer, not necessarily quieter…just…softer. Not as sharp and edgy you know?"

"But the lyrics…" I whined.

"You write fine, why can't you write this? You write from experience, all of your lyrics are heartfelt. You can't write this?" Andy asked.

"I can't describe the feeling." I frowned.

"Then say that."

"It's the feeling I can't say and it just won't go away…" I hummed.

"Exactly." Andy nodded. "And make it acoustic…maybe have Alyssa on the keyboard or something…does anyone else play any different instruments?"

"Uh…Jared plays like…I don't remember, some kinda wind instrument…clarinet maybe? But he's not talking to me right now…and Matt used to play violin…I don't know if he remembers."

"He remembers." Jinxx chuckled, "Playing violin is all memory, you memorize your positions, and if you played since you were little, you memorized them twice."

Andy and I looked at him.

"You know? You start with a smaller violin, you play it, you memorize the positions for each of the notes on the strings and then you out grow it and you get a full size and then you play that and you have to relearn all of your positions."

"You teaching them violin?" Sammi walked over to us and Jinxx made room for her on his lap. She sat next to him anyway. I stifled a chuckle at his mock-hurt face. "It's hopeless, it's an impossibly dead instrument, no one cares about it."

He stuck his tongue out at her and she stuck hers out back. They stayed like that for a second before he quickly licked her face from her chin up. She pulled back with a look of amused disgust.

"You asshole."

"Love you too babe." He kissed her on the cheek. Too cute…I want something like that…it's not fair…

I don't know if Jacky can give that to me.

I really don't know anymore…

But whatever it is…I really like him.

"Breathe, let's keep writing." Andy breathed in my ear when he saw my staring. I nodded and looked at my iPod, which I'd taken out of my pocket.

"I love notes." I sighed, opening it up.

"Always good for writing on the go." He agreed.

I paused, fingers hovering above the letters on the keyboard.

"You had a good start for a chorus…try that."

It's the feeling I can't say,
And it just won't go away
The voice to tell me it's alright,
And the comfort to let me sleep at night.

"Put something in about smiling, all good love songs mention smiling." Sammi nodded. Jinxx burst out laughing. "Just because I thought of something you didn't doesn't mean you can laugh at me."

I smiled and shook my head at them.

It took a while but with some help from Andy and input here and there from Sammi and some from Jinxx and I was done with the lyrics.

"Whoot! Yay for decent lyrics!" Andy cheered.

"I need music now." I mumbled.

Andy yelled acoustic guitar at the same time Jinxx shouted violin.

"If I put Alyssa on keyboard and Matt on violin I have to play guitar myself…I don't play guitar in front of people…I'll have a panic attack and die." I frowned.

"Alyssa can play guitar!" Jinxx smiled, "Simple solution."

"The world doesn't revolve around you!" Sammi sounded exasperated. "Nor does it revolve around the instruments you play."

"But your world dooooooeeeees." He smiled.

"Aweeee." I cooed. Sammi made a face.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever puts you to sleep at night."

"Your story-telling being a good example of--oh shit." Andy's eyes widened when she turned to give him a some-what angry look. "Sammi, you know I love you right? I'd never purposefully insult my best friend's fiance unless jokingly…please don't hurt me."

We all laughed.

"Seriously though, I'll help you compose a--what?!" Jinxx looked at Sammi who'd started laughing harder.

"Compose?"

"Yes!"

"You sound like Bach or something!"

"Bach is 'bach' from the dead." I nodded.

"It's the proper term!"

"Compose? Can't you say write? I don't wanna marry an old dead dude!"

"Bach isn't just an old dead dude! He's the best composer in the world! He and Medelssohn!" I gasped.

"See! She agrees! She must love me more!"

"Oh shut up!"

"My life revolves around those two! I once put 'Mendelssohn' as the answer on my bio test instead of Mendel…so now Mendelssohn is the father of genetics!" I smiled.

"She's got good taste." Jinxx nodded.

"She plays an old dead instrument too! Of course she does!"

"Wait, what do you play?" He frowned, looking at me.

"Flute was my first instrument really…and then piccolo and recorder…and then other things."

"AH YOU PLAY RECORDER?!?!?!?!?!?!" He jumped.

"Uh…" My eyes were wide.

"Okay! This song is going to have a violin recorder duet in the little musical interlude we're going to write. You have your recorder right?"

"Y-yeah?" I stammered. "In my bags."

"FUCK YES!" He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the back room.

"Oh, I see how it is." Sammi said sarcastically, "I'm less important than a recorder. Just don't break her wrist."

"Come on, you too." He turned back and grabbed her hand, pulling her to him and kissing her cheek. "Let's go!"

It's gonna be a long day…

JACKY POV

"Wake up, Vincent!" I heard Ronnie's voice. I groaned and rolled over and…off the couch.

Last night came flooding back to me and I jumped up.

"She's on the Black Veil Bride's bus, no worries. She's been there for the past…two hours?" He chuckled.

"Oh." I nodded.

"You sound disappointed." He commented.

Well, yeah it kinda was.

I shrugged.

"Well come on, let's grab a bite to eat and we've got a show at…well the show starts at three, it's an early show…we don't go on until like…five? Five-thirty? Something of the sort." He nodded to himself.

"Sounds good." I agreed.

"Come on back to the bus, you can change and shit." He walked off the bus. I followed slowly, still not fully awake. I blinked until my eyes adjusted to the sun. I saw Shea walking off the bus with an…excited Jinxx and a sober looking Andy and Sammi… Well…there's a first for everything then.

She saw me and smiled.

"Look it's your lover!" Andy laughed. "I'm such a single loser."

"Awe, Andy." Shea and Sammi both gave him that 'I'm pretending to care' look and I stifled a laugh.

"You're fucking whipped. You should've seen your face when you saw her." Ronnie laughed.

"Shut up." I muttered, fiddling with my bangs.

"Never!"

I turned to look back and she and Jinxx were whispering hurriedly to Matt who's smile turned into a full on grin.

What was going on?

SHEA POV

"It sounds amazing!" Jinxx grinned at us. I was staring at Matt.

"You need to give me a better tempo coming into it, I'm switching from vocals to recorder in the matter of a second…can you just…I don't even know." I sighed.

"Remember I'm playing quarter notes before you come in, keep your foot tapping to them and then come in." He offered.

I took a breath and nodded.

"Hour to sound check, you need to check the violin and the recorder for definite." Jinxx checked his watch.

"I have an electric if I need it." Matt told me.

"I know." I sighed, taking another deep breath.

"We'll be fine." He smiled.

"I hope so."

I really do hope so.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates? WHOA! :p

Reddy Freddy: Yay! So good to hear from you! I'm glad you're still reading and I'm glad you loved the chapter and yes he is on his way! XD

LovelyPixxie: Welcoomeeeeeeeee! :) thanks for reading!

HaySay: Good! KEEP READIN! XD

<3 I love ya'll!

<3

GIMH