Status: Semi-Hiautus. Still working on it but just busy.

Everybody Has a Secret

Gotta Be Strong

I woke up very groggy and confused. I almost forgot what I was doing here. My eyes widened and I sat up rapidly. Alex was here. He was asleep but he immediately sat up after me. He held my hand and tried to get me to lay back down.

I had a tiny split of joy seeing him.

I started to look around and I didn't see anything. Maybe the baby is in the NICU I thought.

“Alex, where's the baby?” I asked.

“I don't know. No one's told me anything yet,” he said solemnly. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I feel okay. I'm starting to be a little in pain but I'm fine.”

“I'll get a nurse.”

He went to go grab a nurse and she came in to give me some medication. I'll be able to breastfeed but I would be able to right now anyways.

The doctor came in and Alex immediately asked where our daughter was. We hadn't even thought of a name yet.

“She's a strong one,” she said.” She started crying as soon as she came out. We took her to the NICU and she seems to be doing okay. She's just on an oxygen tank for the time being and all that. You just take care of yourself and I'll let you see her later depending on how you feel.”

“Is it okay if I go?”

“Yes, you may go in, sir.

“Is it okay if I go, my love?”

“Of course you can.” How could he think I'd say no to seeing his daughter?

He told me he loved and that he'll be right back and then left the room.

(Alex’s POV)
I followed the doctor and we went up to NICU area. When we got there, I automatically knew which baby was my daughter. She looked like her mom. The doctor pointed at her and I just said that I knew it was her. The doctor giggled.

We went in after having to put on masks and safety outfits.

I went up to her and I immediately started getting teary eyed. She was so tiny but she was a beautiful little thing.

I was able to hold her hand. But I had to get back to Eliana to tell her how she really is doing okay.

“She’s doing well,” I told her as soon as I got back.

I kissed her forehead.

“And she looks like you,” I continued. “She’s beautiful like you.”

She smiled. “I love you and I’m glad she’s doing well. But we hadn’t even thought of a name yet!”

“Okay, well, let’s start deciding now. Also, I went ahead and called everyone so they’ll start piling in here soon enough.”

She giggled. “Okay. But how about Angel?”

“Hm, nah.”

“Right. Too classic and kinda boring.”

“How about Amari?”

“That’s pretty. Have you been reading baby books or something?”

I looked away shyly. “Maybe.”

She laughed. “You’re cute.”

“You can name her Selena like your favorite Mexican singer.”

“True, being Mexican and all. I’m just not sure. This is hard. I should’ve started picking out a name as soon as I found out.”

“What about just naming her Miracle because it’s what she is at this point. Or Mira if you wanna shorten it.”

“I think I like Mira, babe. How about you?”

“Yeah, that sounds good, love.”

+

(Eliana’s POV)
It’s been 3 days and my c-section has been healing well. Mira has been doing well too. Now I’m allowed to walk and I’ll be able to finally see my baby girl.

The boys had to cancel the rest of the tour and promised to make it up later but Alex had to be with me in my time of need. Of course, the fans understood. They’ve always been nice. The ones I’ve encountered anyways. I’m sure there’s some that are man.

“Are you excited?” Alex asked me as we were going to the NICU.

“Yes!” I said. If I could, I would jump with joy. “My little Mira.”

We got there and suited up and put masks on. I walked towards her and I knew which one she was. She was a beautiful tiny thing

I started crying and Alex wrapped his arm around me. I was crying because she was so beautiful to me. That was my child. I think we spent an incredible amount of time I think the nurse may have gotten annoyed with us. She said no because she knew what it was like. She also had a baby that was in the NICU. She was there every day for him.

I started getting a little tired and so we headed back to my room. I started crying again once I had lied down.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” Alex asked.

“Nothing, but at the same time seeing her in that position makes me emotional. But she’s the most beautiful thing."

Vanessa, Jack, and the kids came to stop by. They’ve gone and visited Mira many times.

“Hi, Mummy,” Eric said. He climbed up next to me with Alex’s help and he gave me a big smooch.

“Aw, thank you, baby.” I gave him a giant smooch back. “Did you see your sister?”

He nodded. “She looks like you, Mummy.”

“Does she? I think she’s gonna grow up and look like your dad. Which would be nice. He’s a beautiful man.”

Eric laughed and Alex got embarrassed.

“Babe, shut up,” he said.

I laughed. “It’s true.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

We kissed. I think having a baby has made our relationship a lot stronger, especially with what we’ve just gone through.

“Ew,” Eric said and we all laughed.

“Rian and Zack said they’ll be here later,” Jack said.

“Sounds good. As long as they come and visit me, I’ll be okay.”

“Oh, reminds me, come on, kiddo, we gotta go pick up your grandparents from the airport.”

“Wow, I haven’t seen my parents in a really long time.”

“Well, they wanna be here for you.”

With that, Alex left with Eric. He barely left and I started to miss him already. I felt sad.

“Aw, I miss him and he just left,” I said.

“You guys are gross,” Jack said. “So in love and shit.”

I laughed. “Thank you, Jack. I needed that.” And I really did mean it. These people were my best friends.

Rian and Zack came by later. Crystal couldn’t come by because she had to work, said Rian. I was kinda sad but she’ll visit me later.

It felt like an eternity to me for them to get here. I was getting anxious and thinking something may have happened to them. I started crying a little bit.

“Uh, are you okay, Ellie?” Zack asked.

“Where’s Alex?” I asked. “He’s been gone for too long.” I put my face into my hands. I was bawling my eyes out and I don’t know why.

“It’s okay, honey,” Nessa said. “Look he’s coming and there’s your parents.”

I stopped crying and I was so happy to see them all.

My parents rushed to me and hugged me.

“Sorry, we’re a bit late, sweetie,” my dad said. “Our flight got a bit delayed.”

“Oh, I was started to worry,” I said.

“Yeah, man, she was crying,” Jack said.

“Jack!” Nessa hit him.

“Sorry…”

“Yeah, I think I’m a little emotional.” I chuckled a little awkwardly.

“That’s okay, Hon,” my mom said. “Have you been feelings very sad lately?”

“Um.” I began to think about it. I am sad about most of the time. I keep having mood swings. I’ve been crying a lot. Thinking this is normal but I think I may have postpartum depression?

“Do I have postpartum depression, Mom?” I asked.

“I don’t know, sweetie. It’s possible. I did get it after I had you too. It doesn’t feel nice, but I know you’ve dealt with depression before and I think you can get through this."

I just started breaking down and crying again. My mom held me.

“Okay, I think it’s time to go guys,” Alex said to the group.

We said goodbye to each other. They all hugged me for quite a bit of time while I was still crying.

“We love you," Vanessa said before leaving.

“Love you all, too,” I said through my sobs. “I’m so sorry,” I said after they left.

“Hey, no, it’s okay,” Alex said.

“Yeah, don’t apologize,” my mom said. “What you’re feeling is normal. Don’t hide it.”

After a while, I calmed down. I honestly don’t know what got into me. I should talk to the doctor about this. I don’t know if I actually have postpartum depression. I should not assume.

We went to go see Mira after a while of catching up.

“Oh, my goodness,” my mom said. “She is so beautiful.” She touched her hand. She was asleep in there.

“She looks like you, Honey,” my dad said to me.

“That’s what everyone’s been saying,” I said.

I started to feel a bit of pain of where my c-section scar is so we had to head back to my room. They said I should stay here a few more days because they’ll have to keep monitoring me. The baby will have to stay here for a good long while. If she keeps going at this rate, she might be able to leave in a matter of time.

My parents took Eric and my parents back to the house. He was going to put Eric to bed and then come back to stay with me. He stays with me every day. He doesn’t leave until someone else comes by so he can go home and shower. He was the best husband a girl could ask for.

I was already falling asleep when I woke up again because I heard someone.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Alex slightly whispered. “I was trying to not wake you up.”

“It’s okay, baby,” I said. “I’m super tired.”

“You had a lot of visitors today and we went and saw Mira a lot.”
“True.” I closed my eyes. “I love you, Alex.”

“I love you too, baby.”

“Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

And with that I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
[A/N EDIT]
I changed the couple weeks to a few weeks. Just in case you didn't read my comment post. Thanks.

*

Again, I'm sorry if there's any errors. I'm trying to look as I edit it and sometimes miss stuff. Anyways, thank you! ^^