Status: Active!

It Must Be Love

You really ***ed yourself over.

Alex's POV
"Hollie!" I exclaimed as Hollie ran past the front lounge. Hollie turned around for a brief moment, a paniced expression on her face.
"I can't talk now, Lex." She told me, waving and running off the bus. The guys didn't say a word as Hollie slammed the door behind her. Chanel walked into the lounge, wedging herself inbetween Rian and Matt.
"Where's Hollie going?" I asked, knots suddenly appearing in my stomach.
"Over to The Maine's bus." She replied, taking a sip of Matt's beer.
"Why?" I demanded, getting more and more nervous by the second.
"Alex, do you like Hollie?" Chanel inquired, her eyebrow slightly arched.
"Chanel, that's not important right now! Why the fuck is Hollie going onto The Maine's bus?"
Chanel sighed, taking another sip of her beer. "You missed out big time, Alex. She's going to get back with John. You really fucked yourself over."
My jaw dropped. "She's getting back with John?"
I wasn't the only one in shock -- everybody looked at Chanel for an explanation, wide-eyed and asking for an answer.
"Yeah. We were talking about the break-up between her and John and I told her about how depressed he got when she called it off." Chanel confessed, biting her lip.
"Did you convince her to get back with him?" Evan piped up.
"No, oh hell no. Trust me, I would pick Alex over John for her any old day but it's not my decision." Chanel replied, taking another sip of beer.
I sat down, burying my head in my hands. Within ten minutes, I had realized that I was in love with my best friend and lost her to her ex.
~~~
It was 3 AM and Hollie still wasn't back on the bus. I was worried, not just because I didn't know what happened between Hollie and John, but because she had been slacking as being our press manager. Ontop of that, who knows if she was even eating. It was damn obvious that there was something wrong with Hollie now.
Suddenly, the door creaked open, and a person with long dark hair and a black hoodie tip-toed in.
"You got back with John." I instantly said, knowing it was Hollie.
She lifted her hood, her brown eyes crinkled with confusion. "You're mad."
"Mad? Hollie, that's the understatement of the year. You just reunited with this kid a day ago and you're already back together."
Hollie was quiet for a few moments. "Why do you care who I'm with, Alex?"
I bit my lip. It was now or never.
"I'm in love with you, Hollie. I was going to ask you out when you ran off the bus to go talk to John." I answered quietly.
I looked down and heard Hollie gasp. I could practically see her jaw drop as she stared at me.
"You love me." Hollie repeated bluntly. "You're in love with me."
"Pretty much." I muttered, looking up. "But you're with John, so it does make a damn difference."
Hollie's gorgeous brown eyes were filled with tears. "Why didn't you tell me this before?"
I snorted. "I didn't exactly have the greatest oppurtunities, Hollie."
"I just...I just wish things hadn't gone down this way." She whispered.
"Things can change you know. You can break up with John and we could be together." I suggested, my voice full with hopefulness.
"I can't break John's heart again." Hollie whispered, shaking her head.
"So you're picking John over me." I said flatly.
"I have to, Lex." Hollie looked at me, tears rolling down her cheeks. "I love you, okay? But now isn't the time."
I sighed, looking back at her. "Then when is the time, Hollie?"
Tears continued to roll down her cheeks, her voice wobbling.
"I don't know, Alex," Hollie sobbed. "Just please don't leave me."
I looked at her, wrapping my arms around her small torso. "I wouldn't ever do that to you, Hollie-Bear." I whispered into her hair.
I sighed, wondering if things would ever get better. I doubted they ever would.
----
Short and sucky chapter :/
Thanks for subscribing and commenting :) Hoping for some feedback on this chapter! Trust me, things are going to get interesting eventually. This story is super long and I'm even writing the sequel right now. ALSO, I have a Tay Jardine/Jordan Eckes fic that I'm writing called Best Intentions. Go check that outttt :)
PS. I might also be posting a John Oh fic sometime this week!
Love, Melissa <3