Status: Active!

It Must Be Love

Cheers to Alex growing balls!

Alex's POV
"So what's going on with you and Hollie?" Rian asked me curiously. Jack and Cassandra were off making out in his bunk, while Rian, Zack, Matt, Evan, and I were drinking beer and playing video games on our first off day of the tour.
"I dunno." I shrugged.
"Looks like something's going on between you two," Matt agreed, nodding and taking a sip of beer.
"I dunno," I repeated. "She's a cool girl."
"You should ask her out." Zack suddenly said, a smirk on his face.
"Ask her out? I don't even know if I like her." I replied.
"Well you care about her," Evan pointed out.
"And you wanna be something more." Rian added.
"Are you guys trying to say that we would be good together?" I asked.
"Pretty much. Just grow some balls and ask her out, Galaxy!" Matt exclaimed, punching my arm playfully.
"I guess..." My voice trailed off. There was an obvious attraction between the two of us, and I defiantly wouldn't mind calling Hollie my girlfriend.
"You guys have known each other since forever. You've been best friends and have gone through everything together. I think it's safe to say that she wouldn't turn you down," Zack assured me. My confidence began to grow as I thought of asking Hollie out.
"You know what? You're right. Hollie and I would be great together." I said, a huge smile growing on my lips.
"Yeaaaahhhh!" The guys chorused loudly.
"Cheers to Alex growing balls and asking Hollie out!" Rian yelled.
"Cheeeeers!" They echoed happily.
I laughed. Maybe this could really work.
~~~
Hollie's POV
I ran out of the tour bus, waving to the guys in the front lounge as they drank beer and cheered to something. I heard Alex call my name but I didn't have time for him right now -- I needed to get to John as fast as possible.
I quickly walked off of the bus, instantly finding The Maine's. I knocked on the door, my patience rapidly decreasing.
"Hey Hollie!" Jared greeted happily. "I haven't seen you in years."
"Hey Jared," I greeted back, my stomach suddenly tieing in knots. "Where's John?"
"John? Why are you looking for John?" Kennedy piped up.
"Because I need to talk to him. Where is he?" I demanded, becoming more and more impatient.
"Uh...in his bunk." Jared replied. I nodded, walking over to the bunk areas and immideatly finding John's bunk. I could hear Tom Petty playing quietly.
I ripped open his bunk curtain, his eyes widening.
"Hollie? What are you doing here?" John asked, his eyebrows crinkled with confusion. He wasn't wearing a shirt, just a pair of skinny jeans. I took a deep breath, ignoring his question.
"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, realizing I was on the verge of tears.
"Tell you what?"
"That you didn't want to break-up, John. That you were depressed. That it wasn't a 'mutual decision'."
John sighed, looking down. "I didn't think you would care."
I sighed. "Move over."
John made room in his bunk for me, and though there was barely any room left after both of us got into the bunk, we were comfortable.
"John, of course I would care. I still care." I told him quietly.
"Would you care if I told you I was still in love with you?" John replied, his voice barely above a whisper.
"You still love me?" I whispered back.
"Yeah," John said. "I know you don't love me back but I needed to tell you. I thought I was over you but I know I'm not now."
"Can you promise me we'll make it this time?" I asked.
"Make it... as in get back together?" John's face basically lit up.
"Yeah," I smiled, biting my lip.
"Then I can promise you that we will absolutely make it this time."
I grinned, kissing John gently on the lips. I could only hope that this was the right decision.
-----------------------------------------------
Uh-ohhhh, drama! I'm already writing the sequel to this story so updates will (hopefully) be a lot faster.
ALSO, go check out my Tay Jardine/Jordan Eckes story!
Comment, subscribe, message me :)
<3 Melissa