Status: Finished, but I'm revising it.

How to be Emo

That Bitch

I walked through the door and my jaw dropped.

BETH MARSH’S PLAN THIS YEAR

It was written in Niki’s handwriting, the beautiful curves and swirls.

HOW TO BE EMO—

1. Dump old friends and give them the cold shoulder= DONE
2. Don’t get into deep friendships with this group, this is your last year
3. DO NOT FALL FOR THE MAN WHORE IN THE GROUP= BROKEN
4. Dump your boyfriend, the relationship isn’t going to last= DONE
5. Act Emo all of the time
6. Avoid drama—if possible= BROKEN
7. Slowly be distant with them at the end of the year
8. Get a life!

My heart actually stopped in my chest. I knew the group saw—who couldn’t. The flyers were everywhere. I felt as if I were breaking. I was dying inside and they—my old friends—planned this. I felt sick; I ran into the bathroom and vomited in the toilet.

I skipped four classes, I was too busy trying to think of something to change their minds to still be my friends or to apologize to Niki and tell her to tell everyone my plan was a lie.

Only I couldn’t to that. This was my plan, my idea, and creating more lies would only make it worse. I sighed, getting off the tiled bathroom floor that my ass was glued to and walked into the cafeteria.

All eyes were on me; there was snickering, laughs, and boos. I deserved all of it. I came to the table where my friends were—well, I’m guessing EX-FRIENDS now—and met their glares. “Let me explain.”

“Don’t talk, it’ll be too Emo of us,” Leon spat. “I suggest you leave, poser. Nobody cares about you anymore. You’re so selfish and stupid. You do need to get a life and leave us the fuck alone for the rest of the year, we don’t need a screwed up chick like you.” He got off of table, walking over to me until our faces were only a few inches apart. “And if you’re totally slow, we’re over. Forever.” Leon’s glare paralyzed me, but I knew I couldn’t stand there like an idiot, so I just nodded and left.

I heard this saying once: If drama were vodka, we’d all be wasted. I’m more than wasted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think! Thanks soooo much for reading, I totally appreciate it! And this isn't the end if that's what you're wondering. So much more to come.