Status: Finished, but I'm revising it.

How to be Emo

The Truth

Well, my girl's in the next room
Sometimes I wish she was you
I guess we never really moved on
It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
It sounds so sweet
Coming from the lips of an angel
Hearing those words it makes me weak

And I never wanna say goodbye
But girl you make it hard to be faithful
With the lips of an angel

I listened to Hinder’s “Lips of an Angel” as I waltzed around Hot Topic. I looked at all of the clothes and smiled. I felt like dancing, but stopped myself. I brushed my fingers through my newly cut hair. I felt my cell phone vibrate and opened it to see a text from Leon.

R U READY TO TALK YET?

I grinned. Even a text from him made me want to jump up and down.

WHERE R U?

A few minutes later, he answered.

SPENCERS. I CAN TELL YOU WANNA TALK OR ELSE YOU’D BE AT THE PARK.

I rolled my eyes.

IT’S RAINING.

He sent another.

MEET ME AT GARDENER’S GREEN.

I closed my phone and walked across the mall to Gardener’s Green. If I liked to garden, I’d be here a lot.

I stood there for a moment and saw Leon coming through the crowds. When he got close, I could feel my face warm. “Hi.”

“Now you talk to me. I swear you’re bipolar.” Leon grinned and my body was filled with adrenaline. “Are you ready to talk yet?”
I nodded. “Yeah.” I took his hand and led him to the stairs. I shoved opened the door and sat behind it. He sat across from me.

“Leon...” How could I put this? “I’m scared.” There ya go. “I’ve been so scared lately. I thought killing myself would’ve made it so I wouldn’t be. I wanted to die, just so I could be...less scared.” I met his eyes and let out a long breath. “Friends?”

“Of course.” Leon shook my hand and grinned. “You have to tell my this stuff, Beth. I don’t to be at your funeral anytime this year. How about ninety year from now?”

I nodded, standing up. “Deal.” I helped him up, but since the small hallway was so narrow, he fell against me and was supported by the wall. “I’m not the only clumsy one.”

“Apparently not.” Leon smiled, standing up straight and steadying himself. “Are you cool with me and Liza?”

I shrugged. “Why should I care?” Even though I do. “We’re over.” I grabbed his wrist automatically and saw new cuts. “What...Why...?”

“Oh.” Leon tore his wrist from my hand. “I...” He blushed. “Liza doesn’t know, so please don’t tell her.”

I nodded. “Fine.”

“Thank you, Beth.” Leon pecked my cheek and we both left the stairway.
♠ ♠ ♠
heres a kinda long one. i have like 2 more. i'll see if it will let me put some more up. its being very corportive today! yay! thanks for reading!