Toying With Paradise

We're Eloping

“Can you zip me up please?” Jessa turned her back towards Pearson.

“Why are you all dressed up tonight? I thought we didn’t have any plans,” Pearson asked as she zipped up the rest of Jessa’s dress. Jessa faced her friend once more and simply smiled.

“I have a date.”

Kai and Ayla entered the room and both raised their eyebrows at Jessa’s appearance. Kai even let out a low wolf-whistle.

“Someone’s lookin’ all sexed up tonight,” Ayla teased. “Going out with Ryan?”

Jessa shot Ayla a look and nodded her head. “How’d you know?”

Ayla kept her lips tightly shut, causing Kai to roll her eyes. “Mason, obviously. They’ve been texting non-stop all day.”

“Yay!” Jessa excitedly squealed. She hoped that this meant that Trenton was going to be out of the picture really soon.

“So where are you and Ryan going?” Kai asked.

“He wouldn’t tell me, just that I should dress up nice.”

The girls all glanced toward one another and smirked. Jessa grabbed her clutch and eyed the girls suspiciously.

“I’ll see you girls later.”

Before Jessa had any time to move, Ayla bounded across the room and grabbed her purse. As she walked up to Jessa, she pulled out a small square wrapper and held it out to her.

“Better safe than sorry, right?”

This sent all of the girls into fits of giggles and Jessa’s face immediately began to heat up at the sight of the condom in her best friend’s hand.

“You guys are horrible! I’m leaving.”

On her way out, Kai yelled out, “Have fun!”

“Rock his world tonight Jess!”

The door closed behind Jessa, yet she could still hear the girls’ laughter in the hallway. The crimson color that stained her cheeks only seemed to intensify even more as she thought about Ryan and what their night could possibly entail.

----
@checkyesJuliet: @Leafit2Jess looks like she’s DTF a certain hockey player tonight.

@Ayceee: @checkyesJuliet Wonder who that could be? *cough* @Ryan_Kesler *cough*

@Burrows14: @Ayceee @checkyesJuliet That must be why Ry walked out of the room wearing a tie and button-up.

@Leafit2Jess: My friends always make me seem like a whore. #thanksguys #Ineedtohangoutwithnewfriends

@Ryan_Kesler: You’re always welcome to come hang out with me ;)@Leafit2Jess

@MayRay21: @Leafit2Jess And by ‘hang out’ he means you coming over to his hotel room and getting freaky. #nicetrybro

@Ryan_Kesler: Well, what do you think we’re doing tonight? Just hangin out ;)@MayRay21

@Leafit2Jess: @Ryan_Kesler >:| #notamused

----

“I hope you know that I’m not the kind of girl that just hooks up with guys,” was the first thing Jessa voiced as she approached Ryan.

“Well, I guess I need to come up with a new plan for tonight then…” he trailed off. Jessa scoffed and lightly punched him in the arm.

“I was kidding!” Ryan pulled Jessa into his arms and kissed her on the cheek. He opened the passenger’s door to his rental car for Jessa and closed it as soon as she took a seat.

The car ride was full of nothing but small talk and when they arrived at a small restaurant on near the water, Ryan was quick to jump out of the car and open Jessa’s door for her.

“You’re the first guy who has ever done that.” Jessa said softy, as Ryan grabbed her hand and led her into the restaurant. The hostess escorted them two their table and instead of sitting opposite of Jessa, Ryan scooted in next to her.

“Let’s ask each other questions, maybe get to know each other a little better,” Ryan suggested after the waitress took their order.

“Well, Wikipedia already told me all about you,” Jessa giggled. She had learned all about his hockey career, but that was about it. The site had little to offer and she didn’t dare to venture onto the forums that dealt with hockey player’s wives and girlfriends.

“And what did you learn from your little search?”

“Just that you play hockey for the Canucks, nothing too juicy.” Ryan put his arm around her and pulled her closer.

“You know all about me, yet I know so little about you.”

“Ask away then!” Jessa leaned her head against his shoulder and grabbed a hold of the hand that Ryan had dangling over her shoulder.

“Favorite color?” Jessa pulled back a little and raised her eyebrows at Ryan.

“Really?” Ryan grinned and squeezed Jess’ hand.

“Yes really, now answer.”

“Blue.”

“What have your past relationships been like?” Jessa was a little caught off guard. Seemed like a huge jump from being asked her favorite color. She had nothing to hide though and answered.

“They’ve been okay. I’ve never had a bad relationship I guess you could say. I’ve had three long-term relationships and things just never really worked out. With my last boyfriend, we were together for 2 years. We seemed to want different things in life. He wanted to party and I didn’t want to be around that type of crowd.”

Ryan nodded his head, listening to Jessa tell her story. As she finished, Jessa saw this as her opportunity to ask more about his marriage, or lack thereof, with Andrea.

“Can I ask you something personal Ry?” Jessa knew that she was treading dangerous waters by bringing up this subject, but she her curiosity was getting the best of her.

“Go ahead.” Jessa opened her mouth to ask, but was cut off by the ringing of Ryan’s cell phone.

Ryan pulled out his phone and inwardly groaned when he saw Andrea’s name flashing on the screen. He had half a mind to hit the ignore button.

“Answer it.” Jessa nudged him after reading the name of the caller.

Ryan put the phone to his ear after accepting the call. “Hello?”

He was greeted by the happy shouts of his daughter Makayla, laughs and giggles that were loud enough for Jessa to hear. She pushed away from Ryan, giving him a little privacy and pulled out her own phone.

----

@Ayceee: I wish @Leafit2Jess would come back soon. #Ineedadvice

@Leafit2Jess: I wish @Ayceee wasn’t so needy. #girlhasissues

@Ayceee: WHERE’D YOU GO? I’VE MISSED YOU SO. SEEMS LIKE ITS BEEN FOREVER, SINCE YOU’VE BEEN GONE. PLEASE COME BACK HOME. @Leafit2Jess

@checkyesJuliet: Calm your tits girl. @Ayceee

@Leafit2Jess: @AyceeeHate to break it to you, but @Ryan_Kesler and I are never coming back.

@Ayceee: Say whaaat? Why?! @Leafit2Jess

@Ryan_Kesler: @Ayceee We’re eloping.

----

Jessa looked up from her phone and saw that Ryan was staring right at her, grinning.

“I hadn’t even noticed that you got off the phone!” she laughed.

“Yeah, sorry about that.” Jessa shook her head and told him that it wasn’t a big deal.

“You’ve got a family back at home, I totally understand.”

“Shall we get out of here?” Jessa nodded her head and followed behind Ryan. They stopped off at the register to pay their bill, Ryan refusing to let Jessa pay for her portion of the meal.

Ryan and Jessa drove around for bit, until they finally parked in an empty parking lot right up against the beach. After they were both out of the car, Ryan leaned against the passengers side door. He held his arms open and Jessa wasted no time walked right into them.

“Thank you for tonight,” Jessa mumbled into his chest.

“Anytime Jess.” She looked up at Ryan and bit her lip. His eyes darted down to her lips and he slowly leaned in towards her. Jessa sighed as Ryan pressed his lips against hers and she instinctively wrapped her arms around his neck. They seemed to kiss for quite some time, pulling away here and there to catch their breath.

“Hey Ry?” Jessa breathed out.

“Hm?” he muttered against her lips.

“What exactly are we?” she softly whispered.

“I dunno.” Ryan continued to press his lips against hers. Jessa’s lips lingered on his for a little longer before she pulled away again.

“I like you Ryan.” A moment of silence fell between the two before Ryan quickly pecked Jessa’s lips and leaned his forehead against hers.

“I like you too Jess.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well hello there lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter & had a great New Years!

Please Comment & Subscribe!

xoxo