‹ Prequel: Disenchanted
Status: Complete (2016)

Ocean's Burning

Chapter 9

Horror turned into reality that night at Bathilda Bagshot’s. Always in the back of her mind, she considered Voldemort weak. Always leaving work, risky work to his Death Eaters. But when it came to Harry, he was vicious. Bathilda’s home was destroyed. And as they disaparated, Kitty caught a glimpse of the pale figure that had haunted her friend, for years.

Walking out of the tent, Kitty was immediately met with a cold gust, that pushed her back into the tent almost involuntarily, as she stared down at Hermione who was sound asleep on the couch, books littered across the floor, the horcrux and Harry, missing.

Snatching her cloak and wand, she made her way out of the tent. She sat a few feet away, melting the snow off a large boulder which she sat upon. The sun hadn’t rise yet, the forest was misty. The lack of sun light, giving it an eery presence. But to Kitty it was almost peaceful.
Weeks had passed since Ron had left. And it honestly seemed, as though their would be no hope in him returning.

She stood up carefully as a loud crack filled the silence surrounding her. Hermione’s shields were up, but that didn’t mean Kitty could let her guard down. She walked towards the sound, glancing back occasionally to make sure the tent was still in view. She drew out her wand, muttering another layer of protective spells, paranoia hitting her like a ton of bricks.
She furrowed her brow as she searched for a familiar face, but found no sight of Harry. She marched straight towards the tent, thinking of words to say to Hermione, at the fact that their friend was missing. Reaching it, she saw the bushy haired girl in a frenzy, searching for something.

“Kitty, where’s Harry?” she muttered, not glancing towards the door, only sensing the small girls presence.

“I don’t know.” Kitty whispered regrettably, glancing cautiously at her friend who’s eyes widened.

“What?”

“I can’t find him.” she spoke watching her friend grow red in the face, “He can’t have gone far, really.”

“Kitty,” Hermione started exasperatedly, but both girls stopped and stared towards the entrance of the tent, tense holding their ground as voices started floating towards them.
With wands grasped in their hands, the two girls made their way towards the opening of the tent, pushing the fabric apart, Kitty froze, causing Hermione to slam into her back.

“Ron.”

Kitty sat with Harry, watching as Hermione yelled at Ron. The two friends stood a top a hill in the forest, having escaped the clutches of Death Eaters at Lovegood’s home. Hermione was still bitter at the fact, that Ron had left them.
Harry glanced at Kitty, as the two sat near the opening of the tent. Kitty was still sickly thin, pale, and her eyes empty. The other three still worried. Walking merely a few miles, put their friend out. Having escaped Lovegood, Kitty was exhausted, and all they could do was wait.

Run!

Glancing up as Hermione shrieked, Harry, Ron and Kitty stared with horror as Hermione began running quickly down the hill, her wand grasped tightly in her hand.

“Run,” Harry repeated, pulling Kitty to her feet with urgency as seven snatchers cackled loudly at the top of the hill.

Clutching her wand tightly in her hand she turned around briefly screaming a hex as a Death Eater made a grab for her neck, she raced on as he fell back stunned. Running in and out of trees, Kitty and the others dodged hexes aimed at their faces, but instead hit the trees, splintering them. Kitty watched as Hermione ran past Harry and shot a spell in his face, as Kitty caught the glasses.

“C’mon Harry, hurry!” Hermione screamed loudly, and Kitty watched as she disappeared over the top of another hill, Kitty hot on her heels until she came to a complete stop, when four wands pointed at her chest and face.

“Don’t try and run lovelie.” a familiar voice sneered coming up from behind Kitty, sending shivers down her spine as she stayed rooted to the spot, the glasses tight in her fist, “It’s not even worth it anymore.”

The voice of the man, Scabior was their when she was captured the first time.

“Hey, aren’t you the lass that ran away from the Ministry with Potter-”

“What happened to your face ugly?”

Kitty’s gaze snapped to Harry, and she stared disgusted, his face was swollen, his eyes squeezed shut.

“Been stung,” Harry said deeply.

“Mhmm, looks like it.” another chilling voice said, and Kitty let out a shakey breath, as Fenrir Greyback walked into the clearing holding onto Hermione, two more snatchers coming up
behind him holding Ron.

Kitty let out a whimper as Scabior let his hand swing out towards Ron who had made a movement to go towards Hermione. Kitty watched with horror as Fenrir, pushed Ron towards another and walked towards Scabior who held Kitty tightly, as the deformed man let a single
finger grace her face, his nail scartching her skin.

“You’re the young Malfoy’s lass aren’t ye,” he hissed with a cackle, “Ye were on the tower when the old man died. Oh-ho, Mistress Bellatrix will be more then pleased to see you, not to mention another Mudblood Brats as well.”

Scabior cackled, as Hermione and Ron stared off in horror, “You’re friends with Potter, one Mudblood, or two rather, and Weasley blood traitor-”

“This can’t be Potter,” the Snatcher said glancing at Harry and poking at his face.

Kitty stared as Fenrir walked towards Harry, and leaned closer towards his face.

“What’s that on your forehead ugly?” Fenrir cackled, and reached a finger to poke at the scar that was stretched.

“Don’t touch it!” Harry yelled, pain clear on his deformed face. Kitty stared with horror as Grey-back beemed.

“Where are the glasses?” Scabior hissed glancing from Ron, to Hermione and down at Kitty, who shook, as he touched her hand and loosened her fingers around the spectacles.

“So it is Potter,” Fenrir hissed, snatching the glasses from Scabrior and slamming them on Harry’s face.

“Look at this,” another called, Kitty watched with horror as one of the Snatchers pulled out the
Sword from Hermione’s purse.

“Should we take them to the Ministry, they can check if it’s him, and we got two Mudbloods that would be good for trial.”

Kitty felt tears stream down her face at the thought of going back, Hermione going with her, brought more tears.

“We can’t go to the Ministry,” Fenrir snapped, “we take them to the Manor.”

“What if were wrong, then we die.”

Kitty let out a cry as she was dragged up to her feet by her short hair, and she glanced at Hermione who was slammed next to her, tears of terror in her eyes, as she whispered words to
Kitty both of them holing their hands tightly.

“Grab hold of them, don’t let them go.” Greyback snarled pulling away from the group with a hold on Harry as before he Dissaparated, Kitty squeeze her eyes shut as she felt her captor do the same. She grew queasy as the spinning finally stopped and she let her eyes fling open.

They stood before a grand house, large iron fence infront of them, as the Snatchers dragged the forward, and they watched as Peter Pettrigrew approached the gate with a terrified face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back on track.
I will continue to apologize for shitty rushed updates, but I'm getting to the excited, dramatic, MALFOY filled parts, and i'm getting restless.

I'm also going through a Batman/Dark Knight/Bruce Wayne/Christian Bale phase... And I am considering writing a one shot, or maybe a whole (short) story :]
Let me know what you guys think! Would You read it?

Feedback is Greatly Appreciated