‹ Prequel: Disenchanted
Status: Complete (2016)

Ocean's Burning

Chapter 11

Kitty stared silently from the window watching Harry an Luna bury the house elf that had saved their lives. Ending his in the process.
Her wrists were bound tightly by white medical clothe, Hermione was sound asleep in the bed besider her, having done so after arriving at the cottage by the sea for two days.

Slouching against the frame of the window with a quilt wrapped around her lower half, in her hands she played aimlessly with the trinket, a frown set on her face.

She raised a limp hand towards her dry lips, not fully understanding how only a few days ago, she and Draco were united, and now she didn’t even want to place the trinket around her neck.

She could picture Draco’s frustration, as he sat in the cold mansion, alone possibly, feeling the wrath of his Aunt. Kitty dared herself to put the trinket on, but Draco did not deserve that satisfaction.


“What’s happening?” Kitty asked as she stared at her friend who had a dazed stare on his face, as he took of his glasses.
She stared at Ron and Hermione, the ginger boy having not left his friends side upon arrival at Shell Cottage.
“He’s found it.” Harry hissed, rubbing his scar violently as Kitty stood at the foot of the bed.
“What?” Hermione asked, unsure as their friend stood in frustration.
“The Elder Wand.”
“The what?”
“The story Lovegood told us, the one in Hermione’s book. It’s all true. The three brothers, the Sorcerers stone, the Cloak of Invisibility, and the wand.”
Kitty stared.
“With that wand, he can defeat me.” Harry speaks still.
Kitty glances with wide eyes at the news of the truth, before she bursts out the door and across the hall towards the room Griphook is in, he stares at her angrily, before he sees her pained expression.
“We’ll give you the sword.” Kitty says lowly.
Upon hearing her words, she hears the flustered and loud steps of her friends across the hall.
“If we give it you. You will take us to Bellatrix’s vault.” Kitty says sharply, as the goblin exposes tiny, sharp, stained teeth, “No tricks.”

Leaving the room, Kitty and Harry are immediately cornered by Bill.
“I don’t know what you all are up to, But I don’t like it.” The elder Weasley speaks darkly, watching Kitty, with nervous eyes, while Harry drops his gaze.
“Were leaving.” Harry says, meeting Bill’s gaze who immediately turns into shock.
“Where will you go?” he asks sharply.
“Harry has a job to finish, you know that Bill.” Kitty states softly.
“And you have a job to keep others safe, and not go galivanting off.”
“Bill-” Ron cuts his brother off, as Kitty’s face flushes and her eyes fill with tears.
“I tried my best. And I have to make up for it.” Kitty states starring into the eyes of the owner of the house, “I’m stronger now. I’m not afraid, I know what to do.”

Kitty leaves the group and goes back to her bedroom, Hermione stares watching her curiously as she takes out the necklace. She says nothing as her friend, takes a small cloth and pockets the trinket, before shoving it deep into her pockets.



Imperio.” Kitty whispers as the come into a clear view of Gringotts. They ascend the stairs, Griphook glaring at the girl as his Goblin friend of the bank walks away.
A few feet ahead of them, Kitty, Harry and the Goblin hidden under the Invisibility cloak, walked Hermione, in the form of Bellatrix. Her walk off but the mere face of the terrible women, Kitty couldn’t help but allow her body to shudder.

“She’s not convincing enough.” Griphook hisses as they reach the front desk of the bank, Hermione at the head of the group a disguised Ron, with dark facial hair next to her. Hermione’s voice speaks out meekly from Bellatrix’s body, not gathering attention from anyone.

Imperio.” Harry whispers, as Kitty nudges his arm at a Goblin who appraoches them.

“Ah, Miss Lestrange.”

“Y-Y-yes that’s me.” Hermione states airily, causing other Goblins to pause and stare, “I would like to enter my vault.”

“Certainly Madame Lestrange.” the goblin under the first Unforgivable curse says with a nods, walking with a light skip.

Upon reaching the cart chamber of the Bank, Harry tears off the cloak shoving it into Hermione’s bag, along with the sword, which Griphook stares at greedily. Kitty glances around as the Imperiused Goblin motions them into the cart, once seated the speed off.

Squished between Griphook and ‘Bellatrix’, Kitty glances at the Goblin who is starring at the Muggle Borns purse with lust in his eye, before Kitty leans forward and cuts off his view.

“No tricks.” she states sharply, before she lurches forward as the cart stops.

“What’s happening?” Ron speaks meekly from next to Harry, as they hear a loud roar from miles below them. Kitty reaches over Hermione, glancing down catching sight of a water fall.

“What is that Griphook?” Harry asks loudly, as they continue spiraling down towards the water fall, “Griphook-”

Kitty sputters just as they pass under the water fall, the cart stops. Hermione glances at Kitty, who stares with worry as a post rises from the cart flaring red, and emitting a shriek

Hermione opens her mouth to speak, but a scream escapes from her throat and the others just as the floor of the cart gives way, and they descend miles down into the caves.

Aresto Momentum!” Hermione shrieks with a flick of her wand, just as Kitty squeezed her eyes shut as the floor grew closer by the second. Dropping face first with a groan, Kitty pushes her self up just as she hears a loud snarl from a few feet behind her.

“Move!”

Ron grabbed his friends arms quickly just as a pale white head with fangs lurches forward, before stopping as Griphook bangs together two gold unstruments.

“He’s blind.” Hermione states cautiously, as Ron hoists Kitty to her feet.

“He’s smart.” Griphook states darkly as the creature descends into the darkness once more, before motioning towards the Goblin who reaches the door of a vault.

“We get the cup, and were out.” Harry states to Griphook as the door of Bellatrix Lestrange’s vault opens, “And the sword is yours.”

“No tricks.” the goblin repeats, glancing with a snide smile at Kitty, who narrows her eyes and follows him inside.

Glancing at Ron and Hermione, she does a double take, “The potions’ worn out. We have to hurry.”

Entering the vault, the trio, Harry, Hermione and Ron search, while Kitty stays near the door, keeping Griphook in check.

Accio Cup.” Kitty hears Ron’s voice.

“That kind of magic won’t work in here.” Griphook states, hoisting the curse Goblin to the floor, watching as he slides to his side

“Is it in here Harry?” Kitty calls, “Can you feel it?”

Kitty glances around the giant room. Shaking her head, seeing the piles of gold climbing up the walls. The room is dark and as she brightens it she points to the far corner-

“Harry! There!”

Kitty and Hermione let out shrieks as they both bump into a table knocking over a goblet and napkin clasp.

“It burned me!” Kitty shrieks, before bumping into Griphook who backs away.

“It’s all cursed, everything you touch will multiply.”

“GIVE ME THE SWORD!”

Kitty reaches into the purse and hoists out the sword tossing it at Harry, who climbs a mountain of gold, wincing every time it burns him.

“Harry! Take it!” Kitty screams as her pant leg is singed off.

She stares with horror along with Ron and Hermione as their friend disappears behind the mound of gold.

“Harry.” Ron whispers, freezing at the silence.

“MOVE!”

Hermione screams as Harry lurches forward, losing grip on the cup. Kitty freezes as Griphook catches it from next to her, and she lurches forward, only to be sprung backwards into a pile of gold that immediately duplicates and burns her.
“Griphook!” Harry cries.

“The sword for the cup.” The goblin sneers.

Harry glares darkly as the gold and other artifacts continue to duplicate around her.

He snatches the cup, while Griphook turns towards the vaults door.

“I said I’d help you in. I never said I would help you get out.” he sneers.

“GRIPHOOK!”

Kitty screams as she feels her body sink into the sea of burning gold, as Harry cries out. She stares as the Goblin sneers before ditching the vault.

“Kitty, C’mon!” Hermione cries, reaching down to grab her friend as the four tumble out of the vault.

“Slimy little git!” Ron cries out as the Goblin dashes for the exit, just as Ministry Officials reach the clearing.

“What do we do!” Kitty cries as they dodge hexes.

“I have an idea.” Hermione gulps, “But it’s mad.”

“Better then nothing!” Harry says darting a blue spell that hits the wall they are hidden behind.

Kitty watches as Hermione curses the chain binding the blind Dragon, and leaps forward, grabbing onto a large pointy bone like thorn on the beasts back and holds on.

“C’mon then! Hurry!”

Harry motions her forward and Kitty jumps grabbing Hermione’s hand as they all hold on.
“Don’t let go!” Kitty cries, “Reducto!”

She winces as she sends a hex at the dragons tail, causing it to cry out before lurching forward and off the ground and up towards the opening of the tunnel, where it bursts through the floor of the bank. Goblins and customers cry out in fear, as the dragon roars, and lets out a stream of fire.

“Hold on!” Harry yells grabbing his friends arm and hoisting her higher on the dragon, as they burst through the glass ceiling.

Kitty stares at the beast, as it intakes it’s first breath of fresh air, before launching itself into the air.

Kitty stares below. London, Diagon Alley.

“It’s strange isn’t it!” she cries out, “Nothing will be the same.”

Harry glances at his friend, “We have to make it as it was.”

“Where do you think it’s taking us?” Ron calls out glancing down as the city disappears, replaced with lucious green, a lake.

“Jump!” Harry cries, “Were descending.”

Kitty winces, closing her eyes, as her body plumits into the cold water, surfacing she takes a giant breath.

“Hogwarts.”

Kitty glances next to him, wiping water from her eyes, “What?”
“The last horcrux, it’s at Hogwarts.”

Kitty digs into her pocket as Harry holds onto her by the back of her coat. She takes out the necklace and places it around her neck.

Home.

Glancing as the Dragon flew over head, she smiled thoughtfully as she swam to shore.
Marvelous Creatures, Dragons are.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's rushing through. But I'm so proud of this chapter! I'm honestly on a roll with writing!!!!

I really appreciated the comments, so please keep them up!

The Battle for Hogwarts Begins in Two Chapters :3
Stay Tuned!
atleasy 6 comments for an update please


So in the mean time Subscribe and Give me Feedback on The Dawn