‹ Prequel: Disenchanted
Status: Complete (2016)

Ocean's Burning

Chapter 15

“Draco listen to me please!”

Draco ignored Hermione as she pushed up him back. He hadn’t disaparated back to his parents, no he had gone to the room where he and Kitty had first shared an intimate moment. The room by the Gryffindor Common Room. Where as he kicked open the door, tears cascading down his cheeks, he had expected it to be destroyed. But he found it in tact. Where he raced up the stairs, to the place where the two sat. And he slid punching the stone wall, ignoring the pain as blood slid down his knuckles. He sobbed, gasping for breath as he stared at his open hand, watching as the dust slid through the cracks of his fingers, disappearing.
“Granger, let me-” Draco groaned as the Muggle Born with tear stained cheeks, pushed Draco away from the Great Hall.
But as Hermione pushed him against the wall firmly as she began crying once more, and met the boy’s horrified stare, he knew. Hermione watched somber and heartbroken as the boy dropped his wand and slid to the ground, his hands gripping his hair.

Harry walked through the forbidden forest. His hands shaking as he prepared to greet death, just as the youngest brother had, to greet death as an old friend, because the time was now. The golden snitch was pressed tightly in his hand, where he stopped walking, and pressed the ball to his lips once more, pulling away uncertainly as writing appeared once more.
He stared unsure, as the snitch opened-
“The resurection stone.”
Glancing up, he met the ghost like figure of his Mother, Sirius, Lupin, Tonks, Sirius and his Father.
“You’ve been so brave sweetheart.” Lilly praised.
“Why are you here, all of you?”
“We never left,” his mother smiled.
“Does it hurt? Dying?”
“Quicker then falling asleep.”
“I’m sorry, I never wanted any of you to die for me. Remus, your son.”
“Others will tell him, what his parents died for. He’ll understand.” Lupin nodded.
Harry shuttered, “Remus, K-kittty she-”
Lilly smiled at her son, “She’s not here.”
“Not, here?”
“She’s not dead.” Lily smiled, “Like you sweetheart, love saved her.”
Harry froze, “Malfoy, in the trinket.”
Lilly nodded, “It wasn’t her time. She’s still got fight in her.”
“She was here momentarily.” Sirius nodded, “She knew she wasn’t ready. Made me laugh as she always did.”
Harry nodded with a content scoff, warmth filling his heart, before it turned cold once more, “You’ll all stay with me.”
“Until the end.”

Kitty awoke. The room white, and cold. She felt as though she could not breath, as she stared up at the white ceiling-
Choking, as she struggled for breath, Kitty recognized her home. With no color. Sitting up, she heaved, trying to breath slowly, as she stared at the familiar room that had been home to her for 17 years.
The patterns on the carpets were the same, the same table cloth, everything was the same just as her family would have left it, had it not been destroyed during their deaths.
Sitting up, Kitty gazed around, turning with remorse for the timing. Turning towards the kitchen she froze as she spotted the pale figure of her Mother.
“Mummy,” Kitty cried out, rushing towards her mother, who glanced up at her with tears in her eyes.
“Oh, sweetheart.” she cooed running her hands through her daughters short hair.
“I miss you all.” Kitty said tearily, “But I’m here now.”
Her mother shook her head, “Oh, Kitty. Not for you, not yet.”
Kitty stared as her Mother pulled out of her grasp and walked towards the stairs.
“What do you mean?” Kitty dribbled.
She followed her Mother up the stairs, where as they reached the top, her Mother motioned for her to enter a room, which Kitty grew much more somber as she recognized it as her sister’s room.
“They miss you sweetheart.”
Kitty cried softly at the sight of her sister’s playing obliviously with their toys.
“I miss them, and you so much.” Kitty whimpered, “That I understand why I’m here-”
“Kitty, you won’t be staying here.” her Mother murmured.
“W-what? Why?” Kitty froze, “I’m dead.”
“Yes, but it’s not your time.” her Mother sighed, “I may have been non-magical, but I know love saved you, and you’re only here momentarily.”
Kitty stared back at her sisters with a heavy heart.
“They understand of course, your sisters.” her Mother continued, “They understand that you will join us when it is your time. You’ll be different of course, because you will die old, and greet death like a friend.”
Kitty couldn’t help but chuckle with a sob.
“Because, you can’t die now sweetheart.” her Mother repeated, raising a hand to touch her daughter, which Kitty leaned into, only to have it be the hand of a ghost, “You still have to fight. You still have to love and live, and conquer what your heart wants.”
Kitty stared softly, blinking back tears, “Mum, tell them I love them, that I love them. That I miss them. Dad too.”
“You’ve been brave my sweet.” her Mother smiled, with dead glassy eyes.
“Mum!” Kitty cried out, watching as everything began to fade around her, her Mother her sisters, “Wait!”
Kitty froze as her view changed, as though she were looking into a Pensieve with speed. She was in the basement, the sound of curses being above, before she screamed. Her sister’s clung to her tigthly. Before footsteps descended down the stairs, and the door was blown open. A hand reached out for her sisters, while she was held back, the three of them crying sobbing.
“DON’T HURT HER!” Bailey had yelled, cried.
Kitty stared somber, before everything vanished once more, and she began struggling and choking for air. Her world grew dark. As she choked, and stopped breathing once more-
Before she choked for a moment, before air filled her lungs, and her eyes shot open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last Update for today :]

comment comment comment and I will be sure to update tomorrow!

Please Comment and Subscribe to my new story:The Dawn