‹ Prequel: Disenchanted
Status: Complete (2016)

Ocean's Burning

Chapter 16

“Kitty!”

As she choked for breath, her eyes fluttered without vision momentarily, before the foggy figures of her friends appeared over her head.

“Oh Thank Goodness,” Hermione cried out, launching herself at her friend’s body, hugging her tightly as she sobbed in her neck, “How?”

“I don’t know,” Kitty spoke raspily, as Hemrione pushed herself off of her, and glanced at the Weasley’s their faces masked as the gazed at Fred’s body, wondering too, if he would return. But he wouldn’t his body flew from the core of the explosion.

“What’s happening now?” Kitty winced as she tried to sit, but Fleur delicately pushed her own wiping at a huge gash on her abdominin.

“We keep fighting,” Molly whispered,



“Kitty, what’re you going to do?” Hermione sobbed, her friend searching her face, trying to find a reason to make her stay.

“Hermione, I need to fight.”

“No! You will do no such thing!” Mrs. Weasley chastized, pushing a firm hand on the girl who she considered her daughter, “I prohibit it.”

“Molly, please.” Kitty said with anguish, “I need to do this, I need to kill them.”

Hermione met Mrs. Weasley’s eyes again, who cried, “Kitty Jenkin’s I will not allow you to risk your life once again, imagine how .......Malfoy would feel.”

“He doesn’t know I’m alive.” Kitty laughed, gently pushing Mrs. Weasley’s hand away, and allowing George to take her hand, “And I’m not doing this for me, Greyback and Yaxley killed my family, but Rookwood killed a boy who was my brother.”

George nodded viciously, turning to his Mother, “Mum, it’s something that has to be done.”

Mrs. Weasley stared between the two young adults, both serious and solemn, Hermione close to tears once again.



Kitty limped silently towards Mrs. Weasley, out the doors of the Great Hall. Kitty leaned anxiously against Neville, and stared horrified as a mound of black crossed the bridge towards them, at the front, slithering across the floor, Nagini. She nudged Neville who imediately nodded, his eyes fixated on the snake.

“NO!”

Kitty stared horrified as Ginny cried out, followed by Hermione. The petite girl lurched forward, her body trembling, her crooked, possibly broken leg crunching and groaning in pain as she reached Hermione, her eyes immediately filling with tears.

“N-No.” she cried her nails digging into the palm of her hand, “Harry, come back.”

“Magical Blood Spilled.” Voldemort tutted, glancing at the dead boy in Hagrid’s arms, who blubbered silently, tears spilling onto the spectacle covered face.

“He was running away.” Voldemort spoke, as Kitty sobbed, her hand gripping Hermione’s, know the Lord’s words were a lie, “And we killed him. He was abandoning you all.”

“Liar!” Kitty screamed viciously, causing the pale figure to turn his head, his dark eyes landing on the girl with a snide smirk.

“He stood for something, to you inbreds.” Voldemort laughed, at the dirty girl and her friends, “But he’s dead, so what does he stand for now?”

“He stood up to you.” Kitty hissed, as Arthur Weasley urged her to come back, “And that counts for something. We have no reason to fear you. You are as close to death as the rest of us.”

Panic.

Broke out quickly, as Neville lurched forward, just as Nagini lurched to finish Kitty, who was pulled to the side by Ron.
Voldemort screamed, lashed out, as the last Horcrux blew into a million tiny, evil specs.

Harry?!-”
Where is he!
“Where’s the body!

Kitty glanced at Voldemort, fear not consuming her as she met his stare, she smirked.

“He symbolizes more. Fear for you exists no more. He’s not dead. But you are close!”

She flew back landing on her leg, groaning, Voldemort quickly vanished with a wave of his wand.

Kitty groaned once more as a spell shot by Bellatrix Lestranged knocked her and from Ginny’s side and onto her back, while the youngest Weasley, with a snarl shot a curse at the Death Eater.

Not my Daughter’s you Bitch!

Kitty stared as Mrs. Weasley battled the Death Eater, who cackled obnoxiously, before her face grew grim as the witch she battled fought with rage.

Glancing around the Great Hall, Kitty searched and searched, for someone, a certain someone who needed to meet her wand. Her hands were trembling as she met the stare of Yaxley, who snarled at the sight of her and left the Great Hall. She was just outside the door where she heard the familiar sickening scream of Lord Voldemort. Turning she froze as she saw Bellatrix Lestrange, who’s face was frozen with malice and a laugh, before she fell down, dead.

Avada Kedavra-”

Kitty quickly dodged the green curse that was shot at her by Yaxley in the entrance hall and landed on the floor.

Impedimenta!” Kitty shrieked, causing Yaxley who had lunged at the girl to be held back by an invisible shield, before with a flick of her wand he was flown back, staying on the floor as Kitty walked towards him with rage. Yaxley cackled breathlessly, as the girl removed her wand and pointed it at his chest.

“You know the spell girl. Use it, if you can pluck up the courage, just like your sisters did, when they defended you.” Yaxley snarled, laughing louder, as Kitty froze up, the courage she had built up gone, “Stupid girl.”

Kitty screamed as she flew back, her wand leaving her hand, as Yaxley yelled Crucio with smite, the grip on his wand hard and strong as the girl writhed and screamed. He only laughed louder, as he finished the spell, and snarled, “Avada-

Avada Kedavra!”

Kitty froze, watching as Yaxley’s face hardened, and his wand dropped from his hand, as he fell forward onto Kitty who screamed, dead.

“Kitty.”

Turning her head she shoved Yaxley’s body away from her, and stared at Draco who stared back at her, his face pale and disbelieving as the girl struggled to push the body off of her and walked towards him.

“I saw your body.” Draco whispered, the two wincing as curse was yelled out in the courtyard, “You were dead. Gone.”

Kitty stared as the boy hesitantly pulled her into his arms, checking if she was really here, before he pulled her closer, his hands on her lower back as he buried his face into her neck, breathing deeply.

“It’s not my time yet.” Kitty whispered into his ear, watching with careful eyes as he pulled back and gave an eye roll with a smile, before he pressed his tired lips to hers.

Draco!

The two quickly pulled apart, starring at a horrified Lucius Malfoy, his wand hand trembled before he pointed it at the girl, and with a flick of the wand she flew across the hall, hitting her head on the stone as she limply fell to the rubble covered ground.

Draco jumped dangerously to his feet, sending a curse at his Father who immediately deflected it.

“You embarrass me boy.” Lucius snarled, shooting a red hex at his only son, who dodged it out of pure luck, “What gives you the idea that you can go against us?”

“I’m only going against you.” Draco snarled, his eyes glancing momentarily at the limp, unmoving mound. He lost her only for a moment, and it wouldn’t happen again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you wonderful commenters and readers for the feedback I really appreciate it!

The Dawn