When the Sun Comes Up

I'll Be Psyched

"Should I be freaked out that you have all this tacky clothes just lying around?"

Gabe shrugged and sat on the bed as Claudia and Kaitlin mixed and matched his clothing trying to find the perfect 80's outfit.

"you have to wear these pants" Kaitlin said tossing his checkered pants at him.

"oh and these sneakers, with this jacket!" Claudia said setting his lime green Nikes and his blue and purple windbreaker on the bed.

Gabe shrugged he wouldn't admit this to them but this was his favorite outfit, he just never wore it around the two of them becaue he knew they'd tease him.

"hey is this okay?" Ryland asked standing in the doorway.

"that's not even 80's looking, but you know I like it. Is that jacket new? you look really good."

Gabe rolled his eyes at Claudia, if he didn't know she was in love with a different guy he would think she was trying to get in Rylands pants.

"Thanks, you look really good too, you should wear leg warmers more often."

"alright alright enough flirting get out so I can change."

============


Gabe stood back and watched as people did kaereoke of 80's hits. He wanted to do it but didn't want to go alone. He asked his friends, but Ryland was busy flirting with some girl and neither one of the girls wanted to do it.

"Ask Vicky-t, she'll so do it."

"who?"

"my friend, the girl throwing the party, uh she's holding her dog, you remember Gizmo right?"

he nodded and looked around until he spotted the girl, he approached her feeling nervous. It was one thing to just go up and talk to a girl, but to go up to a girl you've never met and ask her to sing with you. . .

"Hi Gizmo," He said petting the furry black dog.

Vicky-t smiled, "hi, oh I recognize you from the picture."

"what?"

"Claud has a picture of you her roommate and like three other guys at her work station, it's like
a little blurry, but I'm pretty sure you're Gabe right?"

He nodded, "yeah nice to meet you, uh do you maybe wanna sing with me? I want to do it but not alone, and like no one wants to sing with me."

"why, do you suck?"

He shrugged, "want to find out?"

She laughed, "alright, but I am playing my keytar, it's the only way I can sing without feeling awkward."

He raised an eyebrow, was she being serious? Did people even still play keytars? This had to be a joke, but he didn't say anything. He went over and started to pick out a song, he didn't want to do a typical duet song; he setteled on 'Your Love.' He looked up for his partner and almost choked on his own spit when he saw that she literaly had her own keytar. He had to have this in his band the whole point was to not take yourself too seriously, and the whole keytar thing screamed it.

"ready?"

"yeah," She waited for the music to start up and smiled wide, mouthing I love this song, she
played along.

"Josie's on a vacation far away Come around and talk it over So many things that I wanna say
You know I like my girls a little bit older" Gabe sang.

"I just wanna use your love tonight, I don`t wanna lose your love tonight" Vicky joined in.

"I ain`t got many friends left to talk to nowhere`s around when I`m in trouble you know I`d do anything for you stay the night, but keep it under cover" He started to get into the music and began to dance around."

"I just wanna use your love tonight, woh! I don`t wanna lose your love tonight. Try to stop my hands from shaking, Something in my mind`s not making sense it`s been awhile since we`ve been all alone I can`t hide the way I`m feeling" Vicky sang her part and started to dance around with Gabe.

"As you leave me, please, won't you close the door and don`t forget what I told you; just cause you`re right, that don`t mean I`m wrong another shoulder to cry upon"

"I just wanna use your love tonight, yeah I don`t wanna lose your love tonight. Yeah, I just wanna use your love tonight, I don`t wanna lose your love tonight; I just wanna use your love tonight, I don`t wanna lose your love tonight"

"(Use your love, lose your love) Your love
(Use your love) Well I don’t wanna lose
(Lose your tonight) I don’t wanna, I don’t wanna
I don’t wanna lose (Use your tonight) Your love
(Lose your tonight) Your love, your love
(Use your tonight) Your love
(I don’t lose your love tonight) Aaaahh
(Use your tonight) Your love" They sang the last part in unison. The music stopped and the people watching cheered. Gabe smiled and thought that it felt comfortable sharing the stage with her.

She high fived him,"So you don't suck, congrats dude."

"Hey umm, I have this band, and we've been missing something, and ell I think it's you. Well that came out creepy ha, I mean the keytar would sound awesome, plus a girl in the band would just be rad!"

"umm...." Vicky-T, looked unsure, "are you being serious?"

he nodded, "yeah I mean you don't have to say you'll be in the band but, trust me I've been out here for a little less than a year and the band is okay but it won't make it, I've tried everything and still there's a key element missing. I have a feeling about it, just please say you'll come to Claud's place on tuesday at around seven, and practice with us if you're not feeling it you can totally back out."

She shrugged, "umm okay then."

"For real, yes! I swear you won't regret this; you don't know how fucking psyched I am right now. I swear you are now my new best friend that's how amazing you are right now."

She laughed, "woah calm down, all I agreed to was one practice."

"Still, uh I gotta go tell Ry the good news!" he exclaimed rushing away from Vicky-t
♠ ♠ ♠
really fillerish, but hey Vicky-t is gonna be in the band now so it's all good right?