Status: slow progress :)

Take the Fight From the Kid

Chapter Seven

Gerard slumped down on the sofa as his brother put on a movie. Working with Frank had used up all of his energy and he already felt his eyelids falling shut. No. This was time with Mikey; they hadn’t had time to hang out anymore and he wanted to catch up with his brother. Mikey sat down next to his brother and noticed how tired he was.

“Been working late?” He asked softly noticing his brother was nursing a headache.

“Yeah, one of our new kids ran away… He’s mute so won’t communicate with us and it’s getting really hard. Jase thinks it’d be better just to up his medication so he can’t run away again but you know how much I hate making these kids zombies… I want to help him not drug him.” Gerard mumbled, yawning half way through his speech. Mikey sighed. His brother had always been quite stubborn towards patients and their treatment but in the end he cared about his sibling more than some mute kid. Cautiously, Mikey turned down the television a little.

“What help are you to him if you’re ill? Go get some sleep, I’ll tidy up and try to solve this.” Mikey hushed to his brother who grumbled a little before wandering into his messy bedroom. Mikey rolled up the pristine sleeves of his shirt and started picking up the takeaway cartons that littered the living room like dirt on a coffin. The room reminded him of a junkyard. Gerard obviously hadn’t been there very much lately to take care of the place. He could hear his brothers soft snoring from the next room: rumbling and roaring. After a few hours, Mikey had cleaned the place until it was sparkling like a sheet of diamonds. Once it was finally fixed, he walked over to his brothers laptop and started researching. It was hard; he didn’t even know what the kid had wrong with him. Eventually, he was convinced he’d found the clue.