Status: Please read and comment.

Hero High

Red for the dead

Brian looked back at Jacob. The kid was shooting ice spikes from his hands and they were getting closer and closer to hitting Brian. Brian ducked dodged them, one of them strayed too close and nicked him. Leaving a very small scratch. He winced and kept running, sprinting at a pace that would have put an olympic athlete to shame.

Brian couldn't use his powers, there was no time for him to set up. He needed a couple of minutes to project the field needed to ensnare his victims. In other words he was great for trapping and sneak attacks, but a full frontal attack he was screwed.

Brian kept running, Jacob was gaining. He threw an ice spike that Brian ducked but he heard it land in something fleshy. He looked up and saw a girl with a shock of red hair, the ice spike was lodged in her chest. Her face scrunched up in pain, she let out a small moan before falling over. Brian got up and ran, red blood was already pooling on the girls shirt. Brian turned and looked at Jacob with hate in his eyes.

"See what you did?!" He yelled as his eyes changed to black.

Brian summoned his most powerful illusions. Out came Scrathmore an eight foot demon wielding a giant battle axe, and Regeia, a harlot that dwelt in the deepest part of hell.

"You guys real yet?" Brian asked impatiently.

"Yes my master." They responded with deep and raspy voices.

"Kill him." Brian said simply before turning back to AJ.

The redheaded girl was losing blood and fast, Brian left the spike in. The coldness emitting from the spike would slow the circulation which would help stop the bleeding.

Brian looked back as Scrathmore was about to cleave a terrified Jacob in half. Brian stood there before calling them off but ordering Regeia to bring him over.

Jacob looked like he was about to pee his pants as Regeia's beautiful yet terrifying face lit up. She held a whip in her hands and it lashed out, wrapping around Jacobs leg. She pulled him towards Brian with a smile on her face. She dropped him in front of him and stood next to Brian.

"I could make them kill you, but I'm not. You ever do shit like this again and I will." He told him with hate in his voice as he carried the girl off to Nurse Roberts, If anyone could fix this it would be her.

Brian dashed off, sending Scrathmore and Regeia back down below. The girl was hurt, her face was getting paler by the second. Brian kept sprinting until he reached the nurses office and he banged on the door.

Brian heard the door unlock and the door was opened to reveal a middle aged lady with graying brown hair. Her brown eyes were magnified by her large glasses. She looked at him with worry.

"What's wrong dear?" She asked.

"Nurse Roberts, this girl was attacked. I think she's dying." He told her with gasping breath.

"Get her in, now." She ordered and motioned to a table for Brian to put her on.

Brian placed her on the table. The nurse walked back, gloves on her hands and she pushed Brian out of the way after muttering a sincere sorry.

Brian could not see what she was doing. He shifted from one leg to the other as Nurse Roberts worked on her patient. The girls eyes suddenly shot open and she started to cough, Brian almost had hope until red liquid shot out of her mouth.

Don't die, don't die, oh god please don't let her die. Brian prayed with all his might.

For another pain staking ten minutes the nurse worked in silence. Muttering curses and blessings as she made progress. Finally she finished, she took the now blood stained gloves off and threw them away. Brian walked over and looked at the girl. The wound was stitched and dressed, her chest rose in small labored breathes, her face was still as pale as a sheet. But she was alive, and Brian was glad of that.

"Please assist me in taking her to the medical ward, and do be careful. If those stitches break I'm not sure I could save her a second time." Nurse Roberts told to him, authority in her voice.

Brian gently picked her up and followed Nurse Roberts. Nurse Roberts opened the door to the medical ward and pointed to a clean unoccupied bed. Brian placed her on it and Nurse Roberts after making sure he was turned around changed her into a patient robe.

Brian was forced to leave for the night. As he went he saw a small white being, it almost looked like a fox, snuggle next to the girl. He wondered what it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bonus points for anyone who guesses who the person was that was hurt.