‹ Prequel: Crimson (Book One)

Darkness Follows (Book Two)

Nothing and The Unknown

*Alejandro’s POV*

I had been appointed the new position of Master of the United Kingdom’s hunter headquarters; Master Henry Pike had seen me as the most diligent member that could take his place as his opportunity to train other hunters in America became apparent.
I opened my arms to this and took it within my stride, learning the work that had to be done, the extreme amount of persistence needed to save our race. But, things started to take its toll as some of the young ones were started to become more separated. Tony and Jett were persistent in finding my daughter, Taylor had become trickier she was becoming rather troublesome as she was causing fights often, Alex and Dakota were the only ones that seemed themselves although they were saddened by Charlotte’s disappearance they took it in their stride making them stronger, and then there was Aala and Blake, they had become like ghosts, barely talking, moving swiftly to and from their destinations, barely seen by anyone, who knew where they went when the day was out, but I would take it under my wing and find out, bring that team back together as one piece, no matter what it took.

My wife and I of course still looking for our dear daughter but we also knew she would not wish us to dote on the subject, to live on, we never gave up but we mingled it within our other activities. We would look for clues of her when we were out hunting as we knew that she would be within the ranks of the vicious beasts.
When Jett had burst into my office with that tiny piece of cloth a shine of hope reigned in my heart, this could help us find our girl, the one we all called for.
I sent it immediately to be analysed by our science team.
I also had to send a team to fix the broken fencing which Charlotte had obviously burst through, I had no idea how though, and they were electric fences reinforced with a chemical that would burn the vampire and werewolf kind.

Hours later Brian from the analysis team came to see me within the office.
“Uh... Sir, I have the results of the fabric you gave us” He stammered.
“Come in, what was the conclusion?”
“Well, the fabric had a blot of blood, we tested it and it was Charlottes, we are testing it further for genetic changes, we shall see how the change has affected her and if we can reverse it, unfortunately that was all we found other than part of a leaf from our own perimeter” He answered
“Thank you, you may go” I ordered waving him off. They had found nothing that could help us find her. I would call a meeting and explain the news and what we were going to do in the great hall to all the members of our hunter headquarters. It was time to act as a single group, a war would come, we could all sense it, when though was the big question.

*Unknown POV*

I saw him every-day, so handsome, so beautiful. He was always the one to get overlooked now-a-days... except from me.
I could never stop looking at him, he was once full of joy, and full of jokes to make his friends laugh, but his friends had abandoned him... only thinking of their precious vampire girl, it was disgusting.
I always looked but never touched, although I wished to touch his kind soft face, bristled with short brown hair on his chin. His hair had a slight wave in it and was the colour of milk chocolate.
I would follow him, watching as he walked slouched towards the lake where I first saw him, when he was once full of joy, when his face lit up like a bulb.
I hoped to one day soon be the one to bring back that joy in his soulful spirit, to kindle his love.
To be his one and only.
Blake and I...forever

But right now that was out of my reach, I was always working so I had to follow and watch from afar.
I’m an engineer, I have to make sure the electric fences are working and if anything has been broken I have to report it and immediately fix it.
I was the one who had to fix that fence that the bloody vampire made. The one that they were looking for... Charlotte.
I hated her even before she turned vampire, she would always barge passed me and never say sorry, she would snigger at me when she broke something and I was forced to fix it, she was a spoilt little brat, everyone thought she was perfect, but not me, I know what she was really like.
But right now, all they think is her, while all I can think of is my man, Blake who was wondering around, watching out for people following him, wanting to be alone, but he would never be alone... ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know how much longer to make this story, I have an idea for the storyline but I don't know how many chapters roughly to do. Help lol
Thanks to my readers, please comment, I hate that this story has barely any readers so need something to keep me going. Cheers