Sequel: The Code
Status: 7/22: Complete! Read final AN and check out the sequel page! (:

All That Glitters Is Silver

Coma.

I woke up to my father shaking me roughly. My eyes opened slightly, burning from the light. It was day time now and I was back home. How long had I been out?

“Cassidy,” My father’s voice echoed in my mind. I was still exhausted after sleeping through the night. “Cassidy, wake up, honey.” His voice sounded urgent so I pushed my brain into consciousness.

I groaned, rubbing my eyes roughly, “What’s wrong?” I muttered, peering up at him. He looked distressed. His blue eyes were alight with anger and worry.

“Sheriff Stilinski called us.” He said and I knew I was fucked. So much for keeping this on the down low.

“Oh,” I murmured, leaning up groggily. “What did he want?”

“Don’t play, Cassidy,” My father said angrily. “Did you think you could just be involved in something like that and not expect me to find out about it?” He stood up and began to pace, running his hands through his peppered hair agitatedly. He only paced when he was distressed. It was scaring me.

“I just didn’t want you to worry.” I sighed, sitting up straight, awake now.

“I’m your father!” He shouted, “I will always worry about you, no matter what!”

I swallowed the lump in my throat, feeling guilty for the pain I’d caused him. “I’m sorry, dad.”

“I don’t know what we’re going to do with you, Cassidy.” He shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose. “I really don’t. All you’ve done since we arrived is get yourself in trouble.”

I frowned, “I’m sorry, dad.” I repeated, feeling tears well up in my eyes. How was this my fault? I didn’t go around asking for trouble. All I ever did was what my parents wanted me to do and it seemed to be getting me in more trouble than not. But, if I was being honest, whenever I got attacked I was doing things on my own accord. The night at the school I was going on a date with Derek, last night when I went to get a movie for my night with Allison. Allison. I had totally bailed on all our plans! Now, I felt doubly awful.

The only time I had been doing my parents bidding was when the window at the hospital had been broken and that wasn’t really an attack on me. So, I could understand where my dad was coming from. This was my fault.

“Damnit, Cassidy!” He growled, “Are you even listening to me?” I hadn’t realized he was still scolding me.

“Yes,” I answered immediately, tears falling from my eyes.

“Don’t cry.” He demanded and I tried my best to obey but I just couldn’t. My emotions were getting the better of me. “Cassie,” He said softly. My father took a seat on the edge of my bed and sighed. “I’m just worried about you. You need to be careful around here.”

“Be careful of what?” I sniffled. My fathers jaw clenched and he leaned forward, kissing me softly on my forehead. The conversation was obviously over. But, why? What was he avoiding that would stop him from scolding me?

“The world’s a dangerous place.” He answered. “You can never be too careful.”

I frowned again, drying my tears. Was it just me or did that sound like it had a double meaning?

He stood up, looking thirty years older, “I need to go speak with your uncle. Would you like to come?”

I did want to see Allison, to apologize. Maybe it was time I told her what was going on. The guilt had been weighing on me. Maybe it was the reason I hadn’t been feeling well. I was never any good at lying and Allison deserved more than what I was giving her. Confessing what was going on with me would surely help me feel better. I just hoped Allison would forgive me.

“I need to wake up first.” I told him, pulling back my covers and lying back down. “I’ll drive over later.”

“I don’t know if that’s such a good idea, Cassie.” My father said hesitantly.

“I promise to call you before I leave and check in with you as soon as I get there.” I promised, feeling sleep over come me.

I heard my father sigh, “Alright. Your mother is at the store. She should be home soon. Let her know where you’re going, too.”

Great. Now, I was basically under house arrest. How long would I live under this dictatorship? Until that stupid mountain lion had been caught? But, I wasn’t so sure I believed that mountain lion story. Especially not after what I’d seen last night. The culprit was definitely a wolf. And there was more than one out there.

My father exited the room, leaving my door open in the hopes that the noises and lights would wake me up faster. It didn’t work and I fell asleep again.

An alarm screamed in my ear and my hand frantically scrambled to silence it. I slammed down on my phone and opened my eyes. It was dark out now, I couldn’t tell if it was dawn or dusk until I glanced at me phone. I should have known it was morning. Why else would my school alarm be going off?

Had I slept through the entire weekend? That didn’t seem healthy. In fact, I was down right terrified. It was like I had been in a coma. Why hadn’t my parents woken me up?

I shrugged it off as them just letting me sleep off my third animal attack and shoved off the covers to take a quick shower.

I glanced at the steamed up mirror, staring at my reflection. I looked terrible and tired. I had just been in a two day coma and still felt like I could sleep for another two. It was odd. The stress of moving and constantly being attacked by a strange wild animal was definitely taking its toll on me.

I quickly got dressed and grabbed my school bag. Downstairs my parents were waiting for me.

“Morning, sweetheart,” My mother smiled as she sipped on her coffee. “Are you feeling alright?”

“Did you let me sleep all weekend?” I asked quickly.

My dad put down the newspaper and put on a cheerful smile. “You were tired. You’ve have quite an eventful time since we arrived here. We just wanted to let you rest.”

I didn’t buy that for a minute but didn’t fight back. “You taking me to school?” I questioned instead.

“Nope. Stiles is.” I furrowed my brows at this. I had been on house arrest with mandatory check-ins for weeks now and they had never let anyone but them or family drive me anywhere.

“Why?” I blurted.

My dad tilted his head as if he was slightly confused, “Because he asked and we thought it would be nice for you to spend some time with Sheriff Stilinski’s boy. He’s a good kid.”

A good kid? What the hell had happened while I was out?

A faint beep rang through the kitchen and I knew Stiles had arrived.

“He’s here.” My father said unnecessarily. I nodded as my mother kissed me on the forehead. “Have a good day. Call me when you get to school!”

I run out the door and swiftly opened the passenger door of the blue jeep only to find Scott currently occupying it.

“Uhm, hi,” I said, bewildered. Scott and Stiles smiled awkwardly as I hurried into the backseat.

Nobody spoke for awhile and I wasn’t sure whether this was some sort or intervention or not. But, when we didn’t end our journey in the school parking lot, I was starting to panic. Stiles pulled his jeep into a vacant lot down by the forest.

I reached for the handle but the door was locked. I jiggled with it until Scott asked me what I was doing.

“Nothing.” I said quickly.

Stiles glanced at me suspiciously. “So, did you guys just want to skip school and spend a pleasantly, non-murderous day at the park?” I chuckled hysterically.

“No, we’re going to murder you.” Stiles said seriously.

Scott smacked him on the shoulder when I whimpered, “Dude, stop being a dick.” Scott turned to face me, looking serious and somber, “Cassie, we’re not going to hurt you. But, I think its time we talk.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! (;
It's short, I know. But, I've got A LOT planned for this story, especially in the next chapter! (:
Enjoy!
I missed you all. Hope you missed me. lolz.