Sequel: The Code
Status: 7/22: Complete! Read final AN and check out the sequel page! (:

All That Glitters Is Silver

The Truth.

“He’s going to murder us.” Stiles muttered under his breath.

“Probably.” Scott agreed, terrified with what we were about to do.

“Does he know I know about everything?” I asked in a hushed whisper, staring up at the abandoned warehouse Derek was hiding out in.

I took their silence as a no.

“Wow,” I whispered. “We’re about to lay a bombshell on him, aren’t we?”

“He’s going to murder us.” Stiles repeated with more certainty. He perked up suddenly, glancing at Scott. “He can hear us, right? He can hear us from inside?”

Scott listened intently, looking slightly crestfallen. “Yes, he can hear us.”

“Great!” Stiles said excitedly, “So, lets run back to my jeep,” (he jerked his thumb in the direction of his car) “tell it to him there and then drive away!” He looked extremely satisfied with his solution.

“I don’t think that’s going to go down too well.” I sighed, feeling anxiety course through my veins.

“Why not?” Stiles complained.

“Because Derek’s watching us.” Scott answered, staring up at a broken window, seeing Derek’s furious frame.

“That’s not a great sign.” Stiles muttered, rubbing the back of neck.

“I can’t do this.” I panicked, stepping backwards quickly. “We don’t need his help. We’ll be okay.” Oh, my denial.

“I don’t want to do this anymore than you, Cassie,” Scott agreed, “But, I can’t protect you by myself.”

Stiles throw up his hands, looking offended, “What am I? Miss Daisy?”

“Hoke Colburn.” I muttered.

Stiles stared at me, confused. “What?”

“Miss Daisy was the one being driven.” I corrected, staring at the open door to the building, “You’re Hoke Colburn.”

Stiles mulled that over as Scott and I stepped forward, making our way to the door.

“Miss Daisy or not, I’m still offended by your lack of respect for what I bring to the table!” He called after us. I could hear him scowling obscenities under his breath before following us into the warehouse.

The first word that came to mind was dusty when we entered the warehouse. Then next one was—

“Decrepit.” Stiles murmured, “Why does Derek insist on living in places that are most likely haunted?”

“Why don’t you ask him yourself.” Scott told his friend staring up at a ledge above us. Derek quickly jumped down the stairs. I braced myself for the impact.

“What the hell is she doing here?” Derek seethed, glaring at Scott as he nodded to me. “She’s one of them. She’s an Argent.”

“Is that why you haven’t bothered to call me?” I asked in disgust. “Because I’m an Argent?” I shook my head, feeling one of those quick mood swings.

Derek pursed his lips. His blue eyes alight with anger. Well, I was a little angry too.

“Well, now that this is incredibly awkward,” Stiles spoke up, “We should talk about the hybrid in the room.”

I gaped at Stiles with a mixture of astonishment and fury.

Scott didn’t seem to have words to scold his crass friend.

“What are you talking about?” Derek demanded, shoving his hands in his leather jacket, making his way down the rest of the stairs and stopping a few feet from us.

I couldn’t help the blush that covered my face as he stared at me with those smoldering eyes, flashing back to the night that got me in this mess.

I was also remembering the not-so kind words we exchanged in our last conversation.

I’m sorry I led you on like that. I was just lonely and it had been awhile.

I could feel tears welling up just thinking about it. I looked away, choking on the lump lodged in my throat.

Scott, realizing I wasn’t in the position to speak and not wanting Stiles to take the reins on this one, spoke up quickly. “We need your help.”

Derek chuckled coldly, “With what?”

“It’s complicated.” Scott muttered, glancing over at me. I should be the one to tell Derek, I knew I should.

I was just too weak, too much of a coward.

“No thanks.” Derek replied carelessly, turning around to walk back up the stairs.

“I-I’m pregnant.” I croaked, sniffling lightly as the tears fell. Derek froze in place as I slumped down on a dusty crate behind me.

It was like time stood still. Nobody moved, nobody breathed, nobody spoke. I could hear everyone’s heartbeat drumming rapidly, waiting for Derek’s next move.

He whirled around, animalistic fury apparent on his face. “Congrats.” He spat, “Go tell the father.”

I furrowed my thin brows, trying to speak. “Are you—You are the father!”

Derek clenched his jaw, smiling only with his lips. “You know what I am, right?”

“Yes,” I breathed.

“Then you know how much of a liar you are.” Derek said simply, his eyes full of hate for some reason, “You’re not a werewolf. Therefore, it’s not my kid and you’re not my problem.”

“Derek,” Scott interjected, “We can’t explain it either, but it’s yours.”

Derek shook his head in denial, “Scott, I know you’re new to this, but Cassies lying to you. She’s been slutting around town and now she wants to blame it on me.”

I didn’t know what to say. It was such a low blow, I never expected him to act this way. I knew he wouldn’t react well, but this? This was worse than I could have imagined. Hearing him interact so coldly and hatefully to me made me wish he would break something or go wolf.

“Derek,” Stiles cried, “C’mon, dude. That’s not cool.”

Derek slammed Stiles up against the door behind us, dust pluming everywhere. I jumped, alarmed by Derek’s outburst. Scott grabbed Derek, trying to pry him off as Stiles struggled to breath.

“Derek! Stop it, you’re hurting him!” Scott bellowed. He was no match for Derek in his anger.

I stood up, unsure what I could possibly do to match two werewolves’ power.

I grabbed Derek’s arm, “Derek, let go.” I pleaded. He looked down at me with so much disgust that I released my grip.

Derek released Stiles and backed up, peering at all three of us. His bright blue eyes looked so confused and hurt. It hit me with horrid realization that his eyes were starting to water up.

“Get out.” He uttered dangerously.

“Derek—” Scott started.

“GET OUT!” Derek yelled. His eyes flashed bright blue, his canines looking pointier than usual.

I cowered backwards; terrified he was going to physically hurt me. Stiles looked like he really wanted to listen to Derek but Scott was determined to help me.

I wasn’t sure why Scott was trying so hard. Before now, Scott and I had barely spoken ten words to each other.

“No.” Scott said simply, stepping towards the elder wolf. “We need your help.”

It happened so fast Stiles barely had time to get me out of the way. Scott and Derek entered some kind of werewolf brawl, chucking each other across the room, doing serious damage to the room as well as themselves.

“Stop it!” I begged, Stiles gripping me tightly as we watched in horror. We were powerless in this fight. “Stop it! Please!”

“Derek, we’re not lying!” Stiles shouted, not looking particularly brave. “Trust me—We know how insane this sounds! We just spent the last hour with the vet and even he doesn’t know what to make of it! Could you at least listen to us for five-freaking-seconds because Cassie is in some serious shit right now and you kind of had a big hand in it!”

Stiles was redeeming himself. I could seriously have kissed him. But, somehow I restrained myself.

Scott pinned Derek down, his chest heaving with the amount of energy and force it took to incapacitate him. Derek looked over at us helplessly, blood trickling out the corner of his mouth.

“You can tell when people are lying, right?” Stiles questioned, lightening his grip on me. “Ask Cassie if she’s telling the truth, if she’s been ‘slutting’ around.”

Derek pursed his defined lips and stared into my eyes, “Are you telling the truth?” I could tell he didn’t want to know the answer. “Is it mine?” He didn’t want this.

I didn’t blame him.

I took in a deep breath, “Yes, Derek. It’s yours.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So that didn't go so well.
Derek knows! Oh, shit. (:
I'm a devious writer, leaving it on that cliffhanger (kinda?).
More Derek in the next chapter? I think so (;
COMMENT! SUB! REC! WINNING!
I'm so excited for Teen Wolf tonight, you don't even know. You don't even know!
Is it weird that I laugh when I read the things Stiles says when I'm the one writing them? I think it might be...