Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

Relife

I never slept that night, I just counted the tiny streaks in the wooden wall. Still, nothing I did lulled me off to sleep. So, since my eyes were clued open I just slowly played with Zane’s soft hair as he slept. It seemed to me that when I moved he relaxed. Like he was able to believe it was just a normal night at home. I liked knowing that he felt safe in my arms, but I didn’t like knowing that this could be the last night I hold him.

My eyes found the clock, a blurry image of the numbers 6:20 stared back at me. So I have forty minutes longer until I get the help I need. That makes me proud of myself, I’ve held on for this long.

“Zane?” I whimpered weakly. He stirred and nuzzled a bit closer of my neck, loosely wrapping his arms around me. “Zane?” His eyes finally opened, nuzzling a bit closer then yawning.

“Did you get any sleep, love?” He whispered. Hand coming up to gently stroke my chilling cheek. I shook my head and leaned into his hand, feeling soothing in his warmth. “I’m sorry, I should’ve stayed up with you.”

“No, its okay.” I hummed. Just happy that I was still alive, it was the best feeling. I was to afraid to close my eyes. How did we end up like this? How could we get black mailed then brought into this mess. His father ruins everything. I can’t live in a world where that monster resides. “Will you help me to the bathroom?”

“Yes, then I’ll help you into something comfortable. Sound good?”

I nodded a little bit. Purring with pain when he gently began hoisting us up. Ignoring the warning of the nurse he slipped the small mask from my face. My cheeks stung a little bit from the indents left from the side of it. But I was quite pleased to have it off, sure it made it easer to breath, but it was very hard to maneuver with. Not to mention Zane’s lips couldn’t meet mine when he wished to kiss me.

“Alright, sweetheart. I will get some nice clothes around for you, are you going to be alright if I leave you for a moment?” He placed a gently kiss on my forehead well he helped me over to the toilet.

He was back by the time I was done, instantly over to help me stand. Ever so gently he began undressing me. Leaving me shivering into his arms. It was cold here, very cold. Of course, it could very well me my state of sickness. He pulled a pair of gray sweats onto my thin shaky legs and then a v-neck hoodless violet sweeter.

“Shh, its okay darling. I’ll light a fire. They will be here soon and you’ll get better.” When he picked me up I found myself whimpering but snuggling close to his warm chest. He cooed me quietly and walked my over to the bed, allowing me to burrow underneath the blankets. They were still warm from where he slept in them, I was happy for that. His hand lifted up my head from the back, slipping the mask back on. “How about you get some rest before they get here, darling.”

“I’m to afraid to sleep.” I informed, he began stroking my hair out of my teary eyes. He kissed my forehead once more, then stood up.

“I’ll light that fire.” Peter stirred when Zane said that. Eyes snapping open as if he had a horrible dream. “Good morning, Peter.”

“Morning, Zane.” He yawned a bit, then stretched. Watching me for a moment. I let off a small smile. “I am glad to see you, Emily.” Everyone seemed so on edge to me, did they wan that to be my last memory of them if I were to die?

Zane nodded and then walked to the small fire place in the left side of the room, closest to all of us. As he did that Peter moved from his chair, moving to wrap his soft blanket around Natalie. Taking his sleeping baby away from her. She whined a bit and awoke. Smiling at him before cuddling underneath the blankets.

We were all interrupted by a loud knock on the door. I just about jumped out of my skin, such a scare was not good for me. Sent me into a small fit of coughs. Zane was onto me with in two seconds, helping me sit up and rubbing my back in hopes to get me to stop so I could breath.

The door opened, and Ren stepped in. Along with the nurse that was here earlier and a couple other women. They weren’t wearing scrubs or anything like that, but they did carry duffel bags on each of their shoulders.

The one from earlier had her blond hair tied up in a bun and was wearing just about the same sweat pants I was. The woman to the right of her had chopped black hair and a flower dress on-how was she not cold? The woman to the right, was simply wearing pants and a Michigan football sweatshirt on.

“Oh, you’re still alive are you?” The one I knew spoke directly to me. I do believe she told me her name was Tami.

“Tami, stop. Why are you so bitter. It’s annoying.” The one wit the black hair spoke, her voiced seemed childish to me. Like she was a very good person. “Please clear the room.”

Peter and Natalie were gone without thinking about it. Ren had paused for a bit, but still left without looking at Zane. As for Zane, he didn’t move an inch. He just sat still and gently stroked my back.

“Zane, that means you as well.” Tami growled.

Zane’s eyes narrowed, and his grip tightened on me. “I’m not leaving her.” The other nurse nodded and rolled her eyes at Tami.

“He’s not doing any harm, Tami. Lily is right, lay off.” Tami seemed to be pouting, and I didn’t understand why. But I liked the other two, they seemed very nice and understanding. “My name is Ella, I’m very happy to see that you seem to be doing quite well for your condition. Zane, let me explain what we are going to do. There isn’t much, but it just may save her life.”

Lily began talking. “We are going to sterilize the wounds and hopefully get her on medication that will kill the pain and make her sicknesses start to clear up. We’ll have you call us if she gets worse or better.”

“She is allergic to penicillin.” Zane informed, making sure that I wasn’t getting that. I’d surly die if they gave me that. It’s a good thing he thinks of me this way, to be honest he is the only thing that is keeping me alive.

“Okay, we can make this work.”

It was two hours before they left, to be honest all they really did was numb me a clear the infection. But they told Zane that I should make it now, that all I needed to do was keep warm and get lots of rest. Sounded easy to me, I just have to be lazy until my wounds close up. Actually it sounds nice, I won’t be required to run around anymore. I can just sleep in the warmth of Zane’s arms.

Zane smiled at me when he walked back into the bedroom, showing me his teeth. He looked like a kid at Christmas.

“They gave me lots of pain pills for you, I think you won’t feel anything for a while.” He walked to my side and cupped my cheek in his hand, leaning down to kiss my numb lips. I could barely feel his lips, everything was numb. To be honest, I’ve never felt so good in my life…pain wise. “You look tried, get some rest. I love you, Emily. I won’t let anything happen to you while you sleep.”

“I love you too.” I hummed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need more subs and comments :) Come on, you know you love me :) jk jk but please comment and tell me what you think.