Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

A Walk

Zane flopped down next to me, tucking his head into my neck. I stretched a little bit and nuzzled into his hair. I still wasn’t use to him waking me up, after the three musketeers of nurses stopped coming around last week he was ready for us to get out of there again. Away from Ren, even his family. To be honest I was to, but we bother knew that I was ready to travel, not to mention the fact that there is a snow storm rolling in.

“Come for a walk with me, after the storm rolls in we’ll be stuck here for a few days.” He begged. Combing my messy hair back with his fingers. I stretched once more then reached for a couple pain pills, knowing that I couldn’t refuse him.

“Okay, just get me a nice warm coat.” I joked, then popped the pills into my mouth and swallowed.

We were outside and on the trails within ten minutes. Despite what has happened I still enjoy the woods, I enjoy walking with him, I even enjoy feeling lost with him. The feeling of my body underneath his arm was nice, it was warm and soothing.

“I have held a job ever since we got here.” He smiled, planting a sweet kiss on the top of my head. I smiled a but, I haven’t really heard him say that. It seems he can only keep a job when he knows we need the money to support my medical needs. But now that I’m better I plan on staying that way. I’m so tired of being helpless!

“Then we shouldn’t be planning to leave, there isn’t that many jobs out there. We need the money.” I purred, leaning onto him a little more. Trying to shield myself against the nipping wind.

“No, if we leave again we get placed back into witness protection. But before we go back I want to do something. Its very important to me.” He looked down at me and stopped our walking. I found myself glancing back at the house, hating that I kind of felt like we were being watched. “Emily look at me.” I did as told, averting my eyes back at him. He must have felt like someone was watching as well, maybe he knew someone was. I think that something is happening that I don’t know about.

“What’s going on?” I whispered, staring to feel nervous.

“Nothing, now listen. Before we go back I want to do something, and you better say yes or I am going to freak.” He demanded, reaching into his pocket. “Marry me, I’ve got enough to hire a preacher and get you a dress. This is the ring I bought last night. I hope you like it.”

He pulled out a pink cardboard box, gently opening the top. I found myself fingering the necklace he had given me when he had proposed. When he pulled the ring out my heart broke, it was gorgeous. It didn’t look like something he could afford. It had a silver band with an black square onyx in the middle, small diamonds rounded the side. Tears welded up in my eyes.

“Oh Zane, its so pretty.” I smiled, pulling him into a hug. “You don’t need to do anything for a wedding, I don’t need anything amazing. Lets just go to the courthouse and get it done that way. Its so much cheaper and we can keep it a secret until we are safe.”

He smiled a bit and hugged me back. “I don’t care how we do it, Emily. I just want to be married to you.” He sealed that sentence with a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw, I felt so lovey dovey today :). Heres some pics of the rings, I'm putting Zane's in there as well so you can see it. Just because I don't know if I will be able to find it later. Sorry it's short, I plan on writing more tonight.

Emily's wedding ring

Zane's Wedding ring