Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

Hold On

By the time night had failed we had success failed to make it our. Actually we were entirely lost. Of course all my anger had faded and now I was mainly just scared now. Maybe it was because everything was hitting me now. Were we going to escape? Was that why he let us go; because he knew we would never find our way out?

“Emily?” Zane hummed. Looking down at my tired body. “Do you want me to carry you?”

That was a very tempting question. But I felt like I should do this with him. That he needed me here to keep him sane, I was afraid he was loosing his mind. Actually, I felt like I was as well.

“No, I’m fine.” I promised. Tightening my fingers around his. Honestly, my head was spinning and it felt like he was the only thing holding me here. This was scary.

He frowned a bit and then let go of my hand and grabbed my arm instead. He looked like he knew I felt like I was going to faint. I could tell he was worried, and it was only making me more nervous.

“Are you sure?” He asked, watching my with those leaf green eyes. I felt a wave of dizziness and sickness. I was honestly worried about fainting, I could almost feel it coming. “I don’t mind.”

“No…its…okay.” I started feeling more and more dizzy. Before I realized it, I had stopped walking and was leaning forward a bit. Not only did that hurt like hell, but it almost made the forest floor seem like it was tilting.

“Emily…Honey?” He wrapped an arm around my waist and kept a grip on my arm. My legs gave out and if he weren’t holding me I would’ve completely face planted. “Wow, hold still.” He gently lowered me until I was curled up in the cold grass, my head between my knees. Nausea filling my stomach.

“Zane…” I whined quietly. “Get us out of here please.”

His arms wrapped around my like a warm blanket. I leaned onto him heavily, fingers clutching onto his shirt. I whimpered a little bit and pressed my cold cheek into his chest. I’m ready to get out of these woods, I want to get in a warm bed and sleep all the pain away.

“I’ll get you out of here, love. We’ll get to a hospital and they’ll make you better and stitch the both of us up and we’ll hit the road again. I’m never going to let that happen again, I’ll always protect you. I know I’ve said that before, but I promise you. I never want you going though this again.”

He tightened his grip on me again. Rocking us a little bit then carefully slipping me onto his back. My legs tight around his waist and my hands loosely around his neck. I could barely keep myself there, and it was hard to hold on. Not to mention I was quickly falling asleep because I wasn’t walking anymore.

After about a minute all my cuts and aches stopped burning and I was able to relax a little bit. My muscles loosening and I found myself soaking in his warmth. I felt my eyes get heavy and the sounds of the forest drown out slowly. Not only that but all I could hear was the sound of Zane’s heart beating in his body. It was like a small lullaby. Tears began to stream down my cheeks.

“Please don’t cry, love. Its okay, don’t be scared.” He whispered, wrapping his arms around his back so I could kind of rest some weight on them. “I’ve got you its okay.”

I found myself shaking a little bit, scared that something was going to happen for sure. “Zane, it hurts.” I whispered.

“I know, honey.” He informed, starting to walking faster. Actually, he was almost running. I guess I just want along with it. “Just a little bit longer.”

Maybe it was twenty minutes later he starting talking quickly with excitement. Of course I was half asleep and all my tears were dried up. I swear instantly he was hitching hiking and basically running alongside of the road.

“We’re almost there.” He tilted his head onto mine a little bit. “Just a little bit longer.”

“I’m tired, Zane.” I hummed, wanting to just fully fall asleep and drown out this day.

“Nope, don’t go to sleep. You’ve lost a lot of blood and I don’t want you to go into shock.” He demanded, hopping to get be higher on his back. “Just take some deep breaths and wait a little bit more.” I did as told and tightened his grip on him.

Finally a car pulled over and stopped in front of us. I swear my heart just about exploded, we were going to get out of here. The door opened and a man stepped out, a man that I wasn’t expecting. Matt’s best friend, Tyler. I could faintly make out a wheel chair in the back seat. I sighed in relief, and so did Zane.

“He’s got her Matt.” Tyler called back to the car, running over to us. He paid no mind to Zane and just about hugged me. “Can I have her please?”

Zane shook his head. “I’d rather not.”

“Its okay. Zane, you’re just scared. You’ve been missing for three weeks and the cops contacted us to help find you guys. They’ve got witness protecting waiting for you guys, lets get you to the hospital.” He reached for me again. But Zane stepped back and he tightened his hold on me. “Zane, I’m just going to take her to the car and you need to go sit by Matt.”

Zane gently handed me over and followed Tyler to the car. Zane was forced in the back and I was seat on Tyler’s lap in the front. He was holding me in a ball against his chest, rocking us slowly. I caught a glimpse of Zane in the back seat silently flipping out. Was I in worst shape then I originally thought?

“Hey Emily, we’ve got about ten minutes until we hit the hospital. So is Zane okay?” Tyler whispered, I weakly nodded and found myself leaning my head onto his shoulder. “Don’t fall asleep.” As I could think is that we should get to the hospital soon, because a nap sound so good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, thanks for reading yet again :). Since you guys like this one so much I thought I would give you the lings to some of my stories that aren't getting any loving so you can tell me what you think about them.....hopefully :)

Tangled Seaweed
A Murderous Edge
Boys Like Girls
Fighting For You I love this one :)
Yet Again
A Love Neverlasting
Blindly Screaming
My Dilemma
and...(lol alot I know)
Roll Your Eyes At Something Beautiful

Please offer some feedback on some of these, they are not very long at all (1 or 2 chapters at the most for some). It would really make my day. Thank you :) <3