Status: Active

The Eragon Adventure

Chapter 5: New Mission

That evening Icenia heard Murtagh knocking at her door. Her and Sari were up in the study. She winked at her dragon, who chuckled.

“Come on in”, she called down.

He came in. She snuck down and watched him unseen. He looked around.

“Ice?” he called confused.

She stifled a laugh. He turned his back to her. Icenia rushed out of her hiding place and jumped on her mate’s back wrapping her arms around his neck.

“Grrrrrr!”

“Demons above and below! You scared me, Love”, he laughed.

“It’s funny that even though it has been a little over a year since Urû'baen I’m still able to sneak up behind you”, she chuckled before kissing his cheek.

She saw his grin just before he flipped her over his shoulder and caught her before she hit the ground.

“Impressive”, she smirked.

He shrugged, “I have a good partner to practice on”.

“Any time you wish”, she said coyly.

Murtagh laughed and scooped her up bridal style then started heading upstairs. She wrapped her arms around his neck. Something red sat at the hollow part at his throat. Icenia touched the necklace she’d given him.

“You’re wearing it”, she said happily.

“Of course I am. It’s perfect, like you”, he smiled warmly and kissed her.

“Awe thanks. So are you”, she rested her head on his shoulder.

He sat down on the chair in the study and rested her in his lap. Thorn was already curled up with Aquasari.

“So how did it go with Drelrath and the horse?” she asked.

“It went well. Apparently he doesn’t take to most people but he walked up and nickered to me. He let me saddle and ride him without any problems. Drelrath couldn’t believe it”, he smiled.

“Oh that’s great baby”

“I think Drelrath fancies Zysali. She was at the sables at the same time we were and he went to see her after I left”, Murtagh noted.

“I doubt she will accept him as anything more than a friend. It’s rare for her to take a romantic interest in anyone. The only person more difficult than her is myself”, Icenia replied.

“Well it worked out for me”, he smiled.

“Yes well you are an exceptional case”, she kissed him.

Just then there was a knock at her door. Icenia cocked her head and they went down stairs. Zysali was standing in the room.

“Hello”, Icenia greeted friendly.

“Oromis wishes to see us”, she said.

“Thank you…are you well?” Icenia asked concerned.

“Yes I’m fine”, she replied.

Icenia could tell she was lying but decided not to push it. She guessed it had something to do with her brother leaving.

“You can ride behind me”, she said.

It didn’t take long for them to get airborne. Zysali sat quietly behind Icenia. They reach the Crags of Tel'naeír, Oromis and Gladaer were already out to greet them. The two dragons landed and their passengers hopped off.

“Greetings Masters”, Murtagh and Icenia said together.

“How many times must we tell you not to call us that?” Oromis sighed. Gladaer simply chuckled.

“You asked to see us”, Icenia prompted.

*Oromis and I have been monitoring a young Rider to the east. We want you to intercept him and bring him here. He’s traveling south with an old Rider named Brom. Murtagh and Thorn this will be your first mission so we thought it best if Icenia and Aquasari were to accompany you*, Gladaer said then turned to Zysali.

“As for you, child, if you wish to come along feel free. We know it has been difficult since Talon’s left. This might be good for you”, Oromis said kindly.

“Oh please Zy! That would be great”, Icenia said excitedly.

“Alright I’ll go. When do we leave?” she said a small smile spreading across her face.

*As soon as possible. Tomorrow morning preferably*.

They all nodded.

“Good luck”.

They thanked him and flew back to Icenia’s. They dropped Zysali off at her house. Icenia was excited for the new mission. Brom was a good friend of hers and she was curious who the new Rider was.

Murtagh and Thorn stayed for a while before saying it was time to go home.

“I shall see you tomorrow then”, Icenia said wrapping her arms around his neck.

“Yes you will”, he smirked.

“Good night”.

“Good night. I love you”.

“I love you too”, she smiled before he kissed her.

She released him and he got in Thorn’s saddle before the red dragon took off into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi ya'll! What do you think? I like it lol. I thought this was a cute picture of them

Image

Huge thanks to Random.Hero for our first comment!!! Please people we need more. Five chapters and one comment...it makes me sad :( Comments make me smile =3 Thanks to all of the readers.

Ice Cat