My Only One

It's Complicated

Brittany-
Jack and Audrey somehow convinced me to go out with Jack. We sat in his car in traffic. I missed being with Jack I’ll admit that, but it’s still slightly awkward.

“Mommy, how come you and Daddy never talked?” Audrey looked at us. I looked at Jack who looked at me. I shrugged.

“It’s complicated, sweetie. You’ll understand when you’re older. It’s adult business.” I tried to explain.
“Oh.” She fiddled with her hands. “Mommy?”

“Yes honey?”
“You know how a lot of Mommies and Daddies are married? Are you and Daddy ever gonna get married?”

“I don’t know.” Jack and I said in unison. We pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant. Jack and I both reached for the car door handle.

“Sorry.” He blushed. He opened the door and helped our daughter out. As we entered the building a couple girls around fifteen or so came up to us.

“You’re Jack Barakat.” They giggled.

“Yes, I am.”

“Uh, can we get pictures with you?” The taller one asked. Jack being the nice guy he is he couldn’t say no. The girl tossed me her camera which I failed to catch and it went to the floor.

“Try to catch it next time, bitch.” Jack saw the anger in my eyes and took Audrey from me.

“Look, you’re what, fifteen? I’m twenty three, I’m not about to get in a fight with a little whiny brat. Especially when my daughter is here.” I seethed.

“I’m eighteen. And a single mom. Figures you’re a whore.” She said in my face.

“Oh good. So I can do this.” With one swift move the girl was on the floor holding her face. “Let’s go Jack.” We quickly made our way out to the car.

“I’m such a terrible parent, I got in a fight in front of my four year old.” I groaned.

“No you’re not. You raised her on your own, she’s a great kid. The girl was asking for it.” He put a hand on my knee.

“Audrey, don’t ever do what Mommy did, got it?”

“Okay. Hey Mommy?”

“Yeah?”

“That was awesome!” She yelled earning a laugh from Jack and I.

“It was pretty awesome, huh?” Jack smiled and looked at me. We decided to just go to Jack’s and order a pizza. Audrey sat in the other room watching the television as Jack and I talked. “So I heard from Alex you’re working in a vet’s office now.”

“Yeah, I am.” I gave him a small smile.

“You like it?” I nodded.

“I love it.” Jack’s phone rang.

“Hey, the pizza is here. I’m going to run and grab it.” He said. I walked in and walked Audrey to the bathroom to wash up for dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
so i decided to post a chapter for my wifey Sevie <3 aka Jonathan Cook luv yew wifers!