My Only One

All Over Again

Jack-
The more time I spent with Brittany and Audrey I fell in love all over again. I desperately wanted to be in both their lives. I got to know my daughter and Brittany and I agreed on a couple days a week I would get to have Audrey overnight. The so called custody plan was working out well. Audrey got to meet Zack and Rian.
“Daddy!” Audrey screamed. I jumped and ran into the other room. She ran crying hysterically and gripped my leg tightly. I picked up the crying child.
“What’s wrong?” I rubbed her back in attempt to calm her down.
“S-spider.” She said through her tears. I kissed away the tears and put her down. I took a paper towel and got it off the wall.
“All gone.” I kneeled down to her height. She threw her arms around me and refused to let go. She didn’t let go of me for the rest of the night. I sat on the couch watching a movie when she came out crying, again.
“Daddy?” She sobbed.
“What’s the matter?”
“I threw up.” She coughed. I groaned.
“Come here. Let’s rinse your mouth out and you can lie in my bed, okay?” She rubbed her eyes and I took her into the kitchen. Once I cleaned up the mess and got her in bed, I called Brittany. “Hey, Audrey got sick.”
“Is she okay?”
“Yeah I think so. She just threw up, she’s laying down in my room.”
“I’m on my way.”
“I got it, just relax.”
“Jack, she’s sick. She needs me.” Jest as she said that in came my daughter.
“I want Mommy.” Her lip quivered.
“Yeah, alright come here. She wants you.”
“I’m on my way.” We hung up and I picked up Audrey.
“Mommy is on her way.” I tried to soothe her. She clung to my neck. I heard a knock at the door. I opened the door for Brittany. I handed her our child.
“She’s asleep.” She smiled faintly.
“I’ll grab a blanket and just put her on the couch for now.” I whispered. I walked back out from my room and covered Audrey with the blanket. “Britt?”
“Yeah?” She turned around.
“I was thinking we never had a night just to ourselves. We were always with Aud, I mean I love spending time with her, but I was just wondering if you would want to go out one night.”
“I-” Audrey started screaming.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry i havent updated in forever. i lost my dad and lost motivation for writing. im just starting to get it back but i dont know if im gonna write much anymore.