In the Back of My Mind

Five

“Brooklyn, c’mon sweetie.”

“I don’t want to go out tonight,” Brooklyn answered, flipping the covers over her head again.

“Come on,” her best friend Olivia urged. “You haven’t been out all week long!” She complained, slapping her friend’s feet under the covers.

“I don’t care. I want to stay home.”

“Why? So you can drool over that comment again on your post like you’ve been doing?” Olivia sarcastically pointed out.

“No,” Brooklyn said slowly, peeking her head up over the covers.

Olivia gave her the famous ‘bitch please’ look.

“I’m just waiting,” She answered innocently.

“Brooklyn, you’re going to be waiting a long time honey. I doubt he’s ever going to show.”

“You don’t know that.”

“This little Romeo that you’ve got could be anybody.”

“What if….” Brooklyn said, her eyes glittering with a distant hope.

“Look,” Olivia sighed. “If you want to stay here and wait for Prince Charming to show up just because he wrote a few little love notes on your blog, fine. I’ll leave you here to spin in circles in your head. I know you Brooke. You’re going to work yourself up to be disappointed.”

Brooklyn avoided looking at her best friend, almost heart broken that she had said that.

Olivia ignored Brooklyn’s actions. “But look, if you come back to reality, I’ll be down at Johnny’s bar with Zack.”

“Is that the guy you’ve been seeing?”

Olivia nodded. “Yeah. And if Romeo doesn’t show up, I’ve got a friend of Zack’s I want you to meet, okay?”

“Okay,” She answered reluctantly.

And with that being said, Olivia left Brooklyn’s bedroom. Once she heard the front door shut, Brooklyn jumped out of bed and grabbed her laptop, furiously typing at the keys to enter in her password and waiting impatiently for her internet browser to open up.

BandofThieves: This is beautiful. It reminds me of a girl I once knew. She was beautiful. Long dark hair and a body of perfection. We used to live together, but people change, as do their intentions. Mind telling me who this poem is about?

She stared at the message, feeling the butterflies flutter in her stomach. For some reason, this comment made her feel something; like she knew the person it was from.

Sighing, she opened up a new entry, letting the words flow out of her mind onto the screen.

.: Stood there and watched you walk away
From everything we had
But I still mean every word I said to you
He would try to take away my pain
And he just might make me smile
But the whole time I'm wishing he was you instead

Oh, I'm holding my breath
Won't see you again
something keeps me holding on to nothing

Come on, come on, don't leave me like this
I thought I had you figured out
Something's gone terribly wrong
You're all I wanted
Come on, come on, don't leave me like this
I thought I had you figured out
Can't breathe whenever you're gone
Can't turn back now, I'm haunted :.
♠ ♠ ♠
foREVer