And If The Sun Comes Up

Some People Never Change

Jake’s P.O.V (Sunday afternoon; October 1995)

We sat on the sofa in the living room in subdued silence for a little while. We were both slightly disappointed that Sophie hadn’t been turned, myself even more so, but I was happy for her; happy that she didn’t have to live the life that I do now. How could I be so selfish? I really hoped that she was a vampire in the making; how terrible for me to even contemplate that?

I had to try and get over this; I had to be strong for the both of us. Sophie could see that I was deep in thought and tried to get me to snap out of it.

“Look Jake, I know that you’re probably thinking that we’ll never be the same again after this,” I nodded at her in agreement, “but, we’ll just get through it like we’ve done before. Nothing’s changed Hun; you’ve been a vampire for quite some time now, and admittedly times have sometimes been difficult, but we’ve got through this. Just because I’ve not been turned doesn’t mean that I love you any less than before,” she held my hand in hers, “In fact, I would say it’s made us stronger.” She always knew how to make me feel better when I felt at my lowest.

She quickly stood up and pulled me up with her. “Now come on,” she urged me, “we’ve got a much needed break with each other now; let’s not waste another minute, ok?”

We both raced upstairs to get ready to go out for the day. I decided on a pair of black jeans, white t-shirt and my battered black hoodie. I finished off the unkempt look with my black converse high-tops. I kept glancing over at Sophie who had decided on black tights, a tartan checked mini-skirt, black vest and black knee high biker boots.

“Jeez Soph,” I said practically wiping the drool from my gaping mouth, “You look awesome!”

“Well, you’re not too bad yourself Jake. Quick, let’s go out!”

We ended up just going in to town. We had no plan of action; we just wanted to be out for a while. I noticed a book shop and pulled Sophie in with me. I headed straight to the back towards the comic/graphic novel section. I love comics almost as much as I love coffee; I was well and truly addicted. Sophie went outside to speak to her Mom who’d just phoned her mobile. I must have been in the shop for at least an hour when Sophie popped up beside of me.

“Hey, looks like my folks will be away for two weeks,” she said with a cheeky smile, “so you know what that means don’t you?”

“What’s that then Hun, tell me?” I played along.

“Well, you know, two whole weeks together; that seems like heaven to me!”

“It sure does Hun,” I kissed her before continuing, “Let’s go home and get something to eat.”

That’s what it felt like to me; Home. Sophie was my home and I’m pretty certain she felt the same about me. These two weeks would be amazing; I’d make sure of that!
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit of a filler here I'm afraid but still crucial the story.

Comments make me happy which I'm sure you well know.

:-P