And If The Sun Comes Up

Two Weeks of Bliss?

Sophie’s P.O.V (Friday evening of the first week; October 1995)

Jake and I were just chilling out on my bed; sitting and watching some dirge on the TV. He was lying behind me with his head propped up by his right elbow and his left arm draped over me. He kept nuzzling into my neck and I really did not want these two weeks to end.

My eyes were getting heavy and I felt myself gradually dozing off. I started dreaming vividly and I felt myself going deeper and deeper. In the dream Jake and I were lying on the very same bed and we were in the very same position. He got up and straddled me; ooh, I was starting to like this dream a lot. He was talking to me and kept saying he was sorry again and again. I kept telling him it was ok; everything is going to be ok. He then ran his hands from my hips up to my neck and held me there. He was caressing my neck and my face in utter silence. He bent down over me and bought his face right up to mine before telling me he was sorry yet again. I linked my hands around the back of his head and pulled him to my embrace and he kissed my neck. He took a sharp breath and that was it; I woke up with a jolt.

I knocked Jake over when I came too; he was straddling me as he had done in my dream. What was happening? Why was he on top of me? Any other time this wouldn’t have bothered me in the slightest, but this time it freaked me out big time.

“What the fuck Jake?” I bellowed, “What the hell were you doing?”

“Shit, shit, shit,” he replied with shock and disgust, “I’m so sorry Soph; I don’t know what I must have been thinking?”

“Well whatever it is you were thinking got in to my head. Was I dreaming correctly? Were you going to bite me?”

“I-I-I I don’t know, maybe, I think, yes,” he stuttered, “It won’t happen again though, I promise.”

“How can you promise, Jake?” I felt tears welling in my eyes, “How can you say this will never happen again? Are you hungry, is that what it is?”

“Well, yes I suppose that’s it,” he replied sadly, “I’ve been finding it increasingly difficult to manage on pig’s blood. I’m getting tired of it Sophie, I really am!”

“Oh, Jake, I know it must be difficult, I’m sorry. You just scared me a bit that’s all.”

Jake’s head dropped and he started crying hard. A part of me wished that I could be his much needed sustenance, but what if he bit me so deeply that I turned. I know he wanted blood, but I also know that he wanted me to be what he is too and I don’t think I could ever be what he wants me to be; not knowingly anyway.

“I never wanted this to happen, Soph, believe me.” I believed him without a doubt. “I just needed it and I wasn’t thinking straight. Forgive me?”

“Of course I forgive you, but please don’t put me in that position again. I don’t know if I could deal with it. I want you so badly Jake, but not if it means costing my life!” Even I knew that I sounded sharp, but I didn’t realise how much until I saw the look on Jakes face.

He never wanted this; never wanted to be this, this immortal. He was at the end of the day, just a kid like me. His normal life had been taken away from him only to be replaced with that of a blood hunter. I wish I could have taken everything back that I’d just said, but it was the truth.

“Thank you so much Soph,” he looked up at me with tears running down his face, but smiling all the same, “I’ll sort myself out and this will not happen again.”

I believed him at that moment, I really did but it had happened and you never know what’s round the corner, do you?

This was supposed to be our two weeks of bliss; I really hope that’s how it will be until the end now.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the pivotal chapter of the story. This is why I didn't want Sophie to be turned. I really can't wait until the end now even though it'll kind of break my heart to write it.

Comment please folks; you knows it makes sense!

:-( :-) :-( :-D