And If The Sun Comes Up

This Is The End

Sophie’s P.O.V (Friday 4th January 2008; close to midnight)

I was aware of voices; definitely more than three. I recognised one voice more than any other voice in the world and I kind of recognised another voice; why did I recognise it? Come on Sophie, think. Then there were hands. I felt pairs of hands travelling up and down my body; groping, pulling and stroking every last inch of me. My eyes opened but there was nothing but black darkness; whatever I could feel, I certainly couldn’t see.

Inside I was screaming for everything to stop, but words had escaped me. My eyes just weren’t adjusting to the dark; it was unnatural darkness, it was meant for me to not see.
After another ten minutes or so of sheer, unadulterated terror, the once flickering lights in the corridor blazed on. I could finally see the subjects of my horror. To my right hand side cowered the band that I had only an hour or so before been taking pictures of. In front of me stood Jake, he looked as terrified as I felt. To the left of me were Eleanor and Lucas; wide-eyed and in a small state of shock.

I looked around at each vampire in turn; waiting for one of them to make the first move but the first move never came. Jake looked at me apologetically, almost urging me to make a move. I was rooted to the spot and so were each of them. Come on, someone just do something, please. I suddenly remembered that I’d brought along protection and god damn it, I’d use it without a seconds thought.

“Well, if we’re just going to stand here like moron’s all night,” I said in a matter of fact way, “I’ll be getting off if that’s ok? It’s past my bedtime and you know how a girl needs her beauty sleep.” I was so nervous and it showed in my voice. “Jake, are you coming Hun?” He didn’t flinch.

“Fair enough, if that’s how it is Jake, I’d rather just be able to walk out of here on my own and without any trouble.” I was starting to get my legs now. I looked around at them all and still there was no movement; just stares. They each moved to the side and created a clear pathway for me to leave; so leave I did.

I walked straight and steadily so as not to give away the nerves. I walked and walked and walked; no footsteps followed behind me; no sound. I sighed to myself and thought you know I’m going to get out of here; I’m getting out of here alive. That’s when I heard the stifled giggle above me. I looked up at the ceiling; Eleanor, Lucas and the band waved at me. Jake just remained still. Arms reached down and tried to pull me up but I gave a hard struggle and managed to keep my feet planted firmly on the corridor asphalt. Each vampire dropped from the ceiling one by one and landed around me in a perfect circle.

Shit, how the fuck would I get out of this one. This time I didn’t care; I secretly pulled the crucifix from my messenger bag. When they were all about a foot away from me, I waved it in front of them like I was dangling a carrot, but my how they squealed and howled; Jake included. Part of me wanted to give in; I didn’t like to see Jake like this. How could I tar him with the same brush? He’d been forced into this life; it wasn’t wanted.

I managed to make a dash for the exit and I ran as fast as my legs could muster. Eleanor and Lucas were close behind. I stopped, turned and looked straight at them. Eleanor never saw the stake before it punctured her chest right over her heart. She wailed like a banshee and crumpled into a mess of burning skin and bones to the floor. I retracted and did exactly the same to Lucas, he knew what was coming but couldn’t get away in time. Oops; goodbye Lucas.

The band were fast approaching but I had enough time to glance down at the blood stained hand that was holding the stake and I thought to myself; this is me! I don’t know where I’ve got this new found confidence for slaying vampires, but at this moment in time, I really wasn’t complaining.

Two of the band dropped and burned before they were in reach of me and I saw Jake standing behind where they had just been; he was holding a stake up to the air and smiling. That leaves the three that were charging towards me. I stabbed the lead singer in the exact same spot I had done with the other two and his charred remains were soon on a pile on the floor. The drummer almost got me; somehow he managed to get behind me without me realising. I felt his teeth on my neck so I crashed my head back on to his, turned on my heel and vaporised the blood sucker in one foul swoop. The bassist was easy.

The sweat was dripping from me; I must have looked amazing. Jake stepped right up in front of me; he looked tired and haggard but still like my Jake.

“Phew,” I exhaled loudly, “What was that all about, eh Jake?”

“Oh you know; some vampire shit.”

Silence engulfed us and my arms dropped to my side. My hands were still prised around the stake that I had just used to extinguish the lives of the vampires who had just tried to end my mortal life. I could not let go of it; it would not leave me.

Jake’s face was now mere centimetres in front of mine. No words were needed; we just stared at each other. Jake seemed pretty sad about something.

“You know Sophie,” he said as he stifled a sob, “No matter what happens between us, please always remember that I’ve only ever loved you and I shall love you for as long as I live. You have given me so much joy and happiness and you’ve always been there for me. I just wish I could’ve been the same to you.”

“What, what are you talking about Jake?” I shot back, “I’ve never loved anyone more than I love you. You’ll never truly know how much you mean to me; words could not describe it. You’ve always been there for me and I’ll always be grateful for that.”

He was crying now; shoulders shuddering with each heavy sob. I closed in on him rested my forehead against his. He bought his arms from down by his side and wrapped them around me tightly. His head rested in the crux of my neck. We held that position for a minute or two.

When I heard the sharp intake of breath and his fangs against my neck, I knew there was only one thing for it. I rammed the stake that was in my hand through his heart. He didn’t crumple to skin and bones like the rest of them. He collapsed to the floor and all I can say is that he changed; his body and face reverted back to the boy I first fell in love with at school.

He died as my Jake; he knew those words he had spoken to me only moments before would be his last. He wanted to die knowing that I loved him; oh how I love him! This is the end my beautiful friend.


***********************************************************************************************************

Sophie’s P.O.V (Friday 4th January 2008; midnight)

I opened my front door and aimlessly ambled my way into my living room. I slumped into my sofa and just sat there for what felt like hours, but in actuality it was mere minutes. Not even the excited attention I received from my dog could have pulled me through today; I wanted it to all be over now; my life to be over.

Fuck that; I am not afraid to keep on living. I am not afraid to walk this world alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMFG - I've only just about stopped crying. My husband is sitting beside me and comforting; he knows how much this story means to me. I do get emotional at a good book, but I didn't realise just how emotional ending this story would be.

I'm going to go and recover now, so it would be lovely for me to come back to this story with plenty of comments. I would love it to mean something to someone else other than me.

Thanks to all of you who have left amazing comments so far, especially to my 6 subscribers; you know who you are. You're like a huge family to me and your thoughts really do matter to me.

Love you all.
<333333 :P :D