And If The Sun Comes Up

A Night to Remember

Sophie's P.O.V (October 1995)

JB’s was a busy little bar/venue just a couple of streets away from myself and Jake, so we managed to walk there without getting too cold. Tonight must’ve been our lucky night because we never even got asked for our ID this time.

We waltzed inside and headed straight to the bar. I ordered our drinks while Jake nipped off to go to the men’s room. I paid the barman his money and went to grab a table.

Jake was taking forever and a day; I thought he’s disappeared down the toilet or something.

I was looking down the corridor to where the men’s room was and I noticed Eleanor and Lucas hanging around outside. I wanted to go up to them and tell them exactly what I thought of them after what they’d done to my friend, but I decided against it. I just watched.

I must’ve only blinked my eye because in a second they were gone. I hadn’t even touched my drink yet and already I was seeing people vanish into thin air.

After about half an hour, Jake popped up behind me and grabbed his drink.

“Sorry Soph but would you mind if Eleanor and Lucas join us?”

“Well, to be honest, yes but it’s a public place and I can’t stop them. Don’t expect me to happy about it though!”

“Cool”, said Jake, “we’ve had a bit of a chat and I think we can try and get our friendship back. I know it’ll take a while for us to be able to trust them again Soph, but I miss them.”

“Whatever Jake, but just don’t come crying to me when it all comes tumbling down. I’ll tolerate them and that’s it, ok?”

“Ok.”

We’d just finished watching the first band when I realised I was actually desperate to go to the ladies room myself. I nudged Jake and told him where I was going and he said he would get the drinks.

I was sitting in the toilet cubicle minding my own, when I heard the door creak open. Whoever had just come in to the toilet decided to get in the cubicle next to mine. Silence ensued for a few minutes until I heard Eleanor speak.

“Is that you Sophie?”

I kept silent for a moment.

“Come on Sophie, I know it’s you, talk to me please?”

“Yes, it’s me Eleanor, now what do you want, I’m trying to pee here.”

“I’ll be outside the cubicle in a minute; please come out and talk to me?”

Jesus, she just did not give up.

“Ok, ok. What do you want Eleanor?”

“I want to say how sorry Lucas and I are for what happened with Jake back in 1990, but there’s nothing we can do to reverse time now. We were very close at one point and we’ve grown up now, so can we just try and let bygones be bygones?”

“You’re having a laugh aren’t you? Don’t ever think that I’ll forgive or forget Eleanor because I won’t, but if hanging around with you means I’ll keep Jake happy, then I’ll do it. Don’t think I’ll ever trust you again though.”

“Fair enough, but maybe after time you’ll learn that even though we’re vampires, we’re still really good people.”

“Whatever Eleanor. I’ll not hold my breath though if I were you. This is for Jake; no one else – do you understand me?”

“Yes I do.”

We were just about to leave the ladies room when I heard Lucas calling after us. I reluctantly followed Eleanor out and walked straight into him. His eyes were intense; I could not draw my gaze away from him. I felt like I was glued to the spot and my heart was racing so fast that I felt faint. He looked away from me and turned to Eleanor.

“Do you think she’s good enough Eleanor?”

“She’ll do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well folks, come on and tell me what you think. Comments would be greatly appreciated at the moment. I think this is a great story and I would really like to see what you think.

Keep your eyes peeled for more updates though; you never know, you might even subscribe.

Peace