Status: New, might just be a short story. Keep or kill?

Listen to Me

Jason 004

All I wanted to do was dance around. I know it sounds stupid, and I'm not really a dancer, but I happily grabbed Rory's hand and twirled him around the room. I couldn't even tell you what kind of music was playing because that wasn't what was going through my mind. All I could think about was Rory's face, how surprised he seemed to be that I was dancing with him.

I know it's weird for a guy to just start dancing with his roommate, but is it really that shocking? Something just filled me with giddiness, just looking at Rory made me want to spin him around and dip him and swing him around the room.

I don't know where this wave of gay came from, but it's not bothering me right now. Rory's just like a kid that needs to loosen up and have a little fun. He's always just sitting there, reading a book. He can't talk with anybody, so it's so goddamn quiet all the time. And I swear, sometimes, I just catch him staring at me. Has he never been around a regular person? I'm pretty average - I don't really stand out, so why is he staring at me?

I guess this is why I just pulled him up from his seat and started dancing with him. By now, it doesn't look like he's objecting to this. His expression actually makes him seem content. Not happy, but content. I grinned and laughed like a madman. I pulled him closer to me and put my head on top of his (he was a lot shorter than me).

I mumbled something to him, but I really don't know what I said.

Whatever I said might have been the wrong thing to say. Next thing I know, Rory was on the floor and I was sitting up in my bed with a major headache.

"Wha... what happened?"

Rory just glared at me, as if he wouldn't answer me even if he could speak.

"Rory? Are you... are you mad at me?"

He didn't say anything. He looked down and pulled his knees up to his chest, and then I heard sobbing. I climbed off the bed and crawled over to him.

"What's wrong? What happened?"

His head shot up. His eyes bore into my skull, and he shoved me back onto the floor. I stared dumbfounded at him as he got up and ran out of our room, slamming the door behind him.

What did I do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, but it's just a segue into the next chapter. Plus, I updated.