Status: Comment/Subscribe

Would You Destroy Something Perfect, in Order to Make It Beautiful?

I'll Apologize For The Lies, But Not My Actions

At 4:30 I took a shower. I found 3 dresses to decide between. The first one was light pink, went to my knees and had one shoulder strap. The second was purple, also went to my knees, and had purple flowers around the collar line. The last one was blue and it was the shortest. It was really plain. I ended up wearing the pink dress. I put my hair up and put makeup on, and I was done by 5:45. I went to the living room and waited for Master Wayne to arrive.

“You look stunning,” I heard. I jumped because it scared me so much, I saw Bruce in the hall. His dark brown hair was slicked back, and looking great as usual. He was wearing a nice black suit and black shirt, looking really attractive.

“Thank you sir,” I said, standing up.

“You’re welcome. Lets go,” he said. He was a gentleman and let me go through the door first, and led me to his limo. This would be my first limo ride.

On the way to the restaurant, I was quiet because I didn’t know what to say, or do. Bruce had a small smile on his face.

“So, um, what kind of dinner is this? Is there anything I should know about the other guests?” I asked, breaking the silence.

“Well, this is actually a date. Between you and I,” he said. I gave him a confused look.

“But why?” I asked.

“Well, because I like you,” he said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“But, I’m your maid…Y-your butler. I’m nothing compared to you,” I said. He just shook his head.

“I don’t care about the social class, that shouldn’t matter. You’re cute, smart and perfect in my eyes. I cant help but find you attractive. You have no idea how many times I wanted to give you some slutty maid outfit to clean in. but I know Alfred would kill me,” he laughed.

My face turned red with embarrassment. I looked down at my lap and pulled the hem of my dress down. I didn’t know how to reply. I mean, of course he is Bruce Wayne, everyone wanted to be with him and I was lucky enough to work for him.

“If you don’t feel the same way, we can call this an employee to employer dinner,” Bruce said, sensing my discomfort.

“Well, I mean, you’re Bruce Wayne…I cant believe you’re saying this to me. I don’t know how to respond,” I admitted.

“Do you not like me?” he asked bluntly.

“Yeah. I think I do,” I confessed. Maybe I only said that because of what the circumstances were, but maybe it was true.

He was a good few years older than me. I remember when we were younger, and my parents had to both work and my grandfather would have to watch my older brother Nick and I. Nick would be the same age as Bruce, if he were still alive.

Anyways, they would always play and invite me to join in sometimes, but because I had a small crush on him back then, I said no. I never knew how to act around him as a little girl.

When I entered my mid-teens, we stopped going to the Wayne Manor because Nick and I were old enough to take care of ourselves. We stopped seeing out grandpa as well, until one day, my parents got stabbed. They were walking out to their car from grocery shopping. I could barley understand. Nick suffered from depression and committed suicide a month after their death. I was only 15 so I had to go live with my Grandpa Alfred at the Wayne Manor. I helped my grandpa, and toward the end, I was doing most of the work myself. He died when I was 23.

How does Joker fit into this you might ask? Well, I went to school with him, but I knew him as Jack back then. I knew him as the loner kid. I never talked to him and no one else did either. I met him in 1st grade, but we never started talking until my family died.

I remember sitting along at lunch because I didn’t want to be around my friend and what were saying. One day, I was picking at my food when I heard someone clear his throat. I saw him before me and asked if he could sit. I said yes and we got to talking. He was very shy at first, but after a while, he opened up and we became close friends. But I will talk more about that later.

The limo stopped and we arrived at one of the restaurants Bruce owned. He got out and opened the door for me like a gentleman. Bruce ordered red wine for the both of us as we looked over the menu.

We were both quiet, I don’t think either of us knew what was supposed to happen next. Perhaps he had planned this night so that he opened up and talked about us over our first course, not in the limo.

“So, Lillee, we can start off slow, get to know each other, even though we’ve know each other for ever, or we can just, I don’t know. We can leave here a happy couple,” he said after we ordered out meals. I felt like there were butterflies in my stomach and my palms started to get sweaty. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears.

“Well, I don’t know. I mean, who is going to clean your house? Make you food? Am I just going to be a maid with benefits?” I asked, not able to meet his eyes.

“I know that sounds bad, but I’ve always like you. I just never thought it was appropriate until I told myself that it didn’t matter what others thought. Because you’ve always done the job, I will still pay you for doing what you do,” he explained, his face red, and his voice a but shaky. I had never seen him like this, it was kind of cute.

“Okay, we can try it Master- I mean Bruce,” I said. Bruce smiled. So we were a couple now? I was happy inside, but tried to seem calm on the outside.

During dinner, we had pleasant conversation. We hadn’t talked like this in a long time, years almost. After dinner, we went back to the penthouse. It was getting late, maybe 9:30.

“Are you going out tonight?” I asked him once we got into the living room.

“I don’t think so. I feel like staying in,” he replied with a smile on his face.

“Sounds great. I’m going to go to bed. I have to get up early,” I said.

“How about you take the day off tomorrow? When do I even have to be at work?” he asked, taking his blazer off. I walked over to the planner I kept and flipped to tomorrow.

“9:30,” I said.

“Excellent. Lets go to bed,” he said, reaching for my hand and leading me towards the stairs.

“What?” I asked, surprised.

“Is it too soon for us to sleep in the same bed? I just don’t like the though of you sleeping in there,” he said, pointing to the kitchen.

“That’s very thoughtful of you. I guess we can share the bed. It’ll be nice. Just let me go change,” I said. Bruce nodded and I saw him go up the stairs. I went to my room and put my orange flannel pajamas on. I went up to Bruce’s room after. I knocked first and I heard him say that it was okay for me to enter. He was wearing black pajama pants and was shirtless, showing off his hard abs.

He pulled back the covers and I got in first. I had to admit, it was almost intimidating to be in Bruce Wayne’s bed. This was my new life I guess, and for once, I didn’t hate it.

Bruce got in and turned off the light. He didn’t try anything, or even touch me. He wished me a goodnight, and I returned it.

When I woke up in the morning, Bruce was just putting together his suit. It was 8:30 when I looked at the clock. Bruce didn’t notice that I was awake until I sat up and got out of bed. I stretched my back and yawned.

“Good morning Lillee,” Bruce said with smile.

“Morning Bruce,” I said, returning his smile. “Do you want to me to mane you breakfast or coffee?”

“No, I’m fine Lils. Thank you though,” he kissed my cheek and led me out of the bedroom. “My car is here. I’ll be home late. And if I don’t come here, I’ll be at the Bat Cave,” he told me.

“Okay. Be sage out there,” I said.

“I always am,” he kissed my cheek again and left. I went to my room and showered and then changed into black skinnies and a dark purple shirt.

I put my hair up and put light makeup on. I went to the kitchen and made myself a small breakfast. Since Bruce gave me the day off, I figured I’d go to the warehouse now. I called a cab, gave him the address and he set off. It wasn’t until after I paid, and started my walk, that I realized I was dating Joker’s enemy. The fact that I knew who Batman was never bothered me. But now that I’m dating him, it felt different…weird.

I got to the warehouse and entered silently. There were no goods in sight, but I said Joker watching TV, with his back to me. I approached him and said,

“Hey,” he looked up at me and his eyes narrowed.

“Oh. Hello. Finally remember me?” he asked.

“What?” I asked. Joker stood up.

“Oh it was just because you were supposed to text me last night" he said angrily.

“You sound like a school girl,” I mumbled, the words just rolled off my tongue. Joker raised his hand to slap me. “I’m sorry! I’m sorry! It just came out! I’m sorry I forgot to text you last night. We got back late and I was tired. Please Jack,” I pleaded in a rush. His face lightened when I said his name. he lowered his hand and looked down at the floor then back at me.

“How was the meeting? Important I s’pose,” he sneered.

“Um, yes it was. It was with some new business consultants and he got some deals going,” I lied, Jack didn’t notice though.

“Oh,” he said. He flopped back on the couch, muttering to himself.

“W-we can celebrate tonight. Doesn’t it make more sense to celebrate after than before?” I asked, sitting next to him.

“Way a head of you, toots. After we blow stuff up, we’re going to go somewhere,” he said. He was acting like Jack now. I was always so happy when I got most of his humanity. When I was able to get my old Jack back.

“Lillee, what made you stronger than Nick?” he asked in a low whisper, which scared me. It was so quiet I didn’t know if I was supposed to hear it or not.

“What do you mean?” I asked in the same tone.

“Your brother, he was a coward, and weak. He took his own likfe. What made you different? We were younger, it makes sense that you would be mre scared and depressed,” he explained, looking at the TV.

“I don’t know. He was depressed before he killed himself. His first girlfriend had broken up with him shortly before it happened. He was getting bad grades and our parents were really strict about grades. I don’t know Jack,” I finished.

“Hmm,” was his reply.

“What, uh, what made you ask?”

“I was just thinking,” he shrugged.
♠ ♠ ♠
2nd update tonight :)
2 Comments
2 Subscibers =D I'm so happy, please keep commenting.
Dont know what else to say, But thanks <3