Sequel: Temporary
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Trapped

Lifeline

..::Parker’s P.O.V::..

I was sitting in my room, still, playing Zombies online, Johnny also playing with me and some other two Brits. We were yelling out commands to each other, and I think they were surprised at the fact that a girl was playing and – wait for it – didn’t suck completely. We lasted level after level, and we started telling the two other people, since they hadn’t left our game in hours, about what was going on, and they said they heard something about it. I was surprised to know that people across the globe had already heard about the fall of America, but then again, I don’t know how long we’ve been in here. I was deep into my game, when somebody came into my room, and said my name.

“Yeah,” I asked, not diverting my eyes from the TV screen. I had a bunch of mindless clones chasing after me, and I was the only one living.

“Harper’s gone,” Brian said, and I dropped my controller and stood up to look at him.

“You looked everywhere?” I asked, hopeful that they had just been too lazy.

“Yeah, and she’s nowhere,” he said, and looked sad.

“Oh, fuck. You’ve got to be kidding me,” I said, and I rushed passed Brian, and then turned around to him, “Where the fuck is Sanders,” I seethed, ready to rip his head off.

“We don’t know that, either,” he looked down. That’s helpful. I rushed to Matt’s room, to see an isle in front of his entry. I made a quick attempt to move it, to find out that it had been locked.

“Fucking Christ,” I muttered as I went for the lock, which was gone. I rolled my eyes, he was being such a baby. I started pulling at the isle, it was difficult, and my hands felt like they were going to rip clear off of my arms, but I moved it just enough for me to slip into. I looked around the room, no sign of Matt. Just to make sure, I grabbed the edge of the bed, and pulled it out. It seemed much easier to move after trying to get around that big hunk of metal. Matt was balled up in the corner, and his eyes were bloodshot, not from crying. He was conscious, and knew that I was there, but he didn’t look at me, “Matthew Sanders, I swear to god, if you don’t tell me where my sister is, you’re going to be my bitch for however long we’re in here,” I threatened him, hoping to get a response. I wasn’t exaggerating either. My anger built when he didn’t acknowledge I had said anything, so I grabbed him by the arm and lifted him to his feet.

“Let me help you,” I smiled bitterly, as I pushed him against the wall, gripping the collar of his neck, and he avoided any eye contact with me, “Where’s Harper,” I repeated.

“I don’t know,” he muttered.

“Oh, I’m sure you don’t,” I hissed.

“Get off of me,” he hissed back, his hands reaching for my wrists. My fist went back, and forward, colliding with his jaw. I started punching him over and over, until I punched that bitchy little attitude out of him. He got a hold of my collar, and my knee jerked up, getting his family jewels. I called for the guys, and a few of them came in.

“Yeah,” Johnny asked, and his eyes widened at the scene in front of him.

“Get this ass to the conference room,” I instructed, and threw him into the wall. I walked out and went to the conference room where Harper’s last speech was. Things had to be said. I didn’t want them all to come out now, but if that’s what it took to find Harper, then I needed to say everything now, and let these secrets out. All I hoped for right now was that she wasn’t already dead, or in the process of being a meal. My anger seethed, and the guys brought in a taped up Matt. He was beat up pretty badly, blood coming from various wounds on his face. I wanted to punch him in the throat, but something told me he knew where my sister was, so for now, I’ll keep him alive.

Everybody sat down and looked at me expectantly. Hell, I didn’t know how I was going to do this, but it was going to be hard, “Let me say first that, things are going to change a lot after I say this, and it’s very hard for me to say,” I told them, and they all nodded their heads. Matt wasn’t looking at me, but I could tell he was listening, “As far as you guys know, Harper and I had this want to be popular, and we took any chance we could to do that,” they nodded again, and heard sighs, “That’s not it at all. I started smoking pot right after high school started. You guys didn’t know, nobody ever knew. The first time was at a party, and then I wanted to find a dealer. I met Zan at this party, fuck. It was his party. I asked him where he got it, and he said he’d pick me up one day and take me to the guy, as long as I had my money,” I sighed, as I was finishing up with the minor details, and starting getting into the hard part, “He did pick me up one day, but he didn’t take me to this guy, he took me to his house, and told me he had some things to do first, and I could come in, so I went in. I was wrong by even associating myself to begin with. I was wrong for agreeing to go inside,” I told them, and held back any sobs that were probably going to come.

“One question,” Brian asked, a blank expression on his face, “If this is a sob story, is it at least going to be true?”

“Brian,” I turned to face him, “You’re going to have to trust me when I say that I really wish I was lying to you, and that I wish what I’m about to tell you didn’t happen,” My eyes already had a glazed film over them.

“Alright, so I trust what you’re going to tell us is true, because it seems pretty big, since I can tell you don’t want to talk about it,” he said.

“You may not trust me, but have you even known me as a liar?” I set my eyes on him, and he looked down, “My biggest mistake was going into the house with him. We went up to his room, he said he had to get it quickly, and there was something he wanted to show me. His parents weren’t home, and I really should have thought something about that. I went up to his room, you guys know my curiosity always gets the best of me,” and they all showed signs of agreement, “He…ha…Zan…he started touching me, and kissing me, and I didn’t like it, I kept asking him to stop, and he wouldn’t, so I hit him, and he…,” my tears were slowly escaping one by one at the memory.

“Dear God, he raped you,” Zacky muttered.

“If I ever see that piece of shit again, I will kill him,” Jimmy said, and he was balling his fists so hard, his knuckles were white. Matt had a look of sadness in his eyes.

“So how does that fit in with all that’s happened,” Johnny asked softly. I did promise them an explanation of why we betrayed them.

“I’m not done,” I pointed out, “he told me that if I told anybody, he would kill me, and my family, and…you guys,” they all seemed surprised at this, and I now had stuff in my throat, “he said he would do…that…to me over and over again if I didn’t date him, said I couldn’t talk to you guys. I had to ‘fit in’. But…b-but, he never stopped. He always hurt me. I was s-scared of h-him,” I sat in the chair behind me and put my head in my hands as never ending sobs came,” I tried to stop him, I tried to get him to leave you alone,” I felt a pair of arms around me, and I quickly calmed myself up, and wiped my eyes, “Zan said Terrance liked Harper, and I had to make her date him. She didn’t know anything, I was supposed to take that to my grave.

“What’s happened to Zan?” Brian asked.

“Went to jail for grand theft auto,” I sighed, the crying calming down now.

“Shocker,” Jimmy said, sarcastically. He wasn’t holding me anymore.

“The roof,” Matt said.

“What,” I asked, confused.

“In that area outside of this room, there’s a door, that’s where Harper is,” he didn’t even finish the sentence before I rushed up the stairs. I used my shoulder to barge through the door.

“Harper,” I called out, hoping I would find her soon.
“Parks,” I heard a mutter from around the wall, to find Harper lying on the ground, and she looked weak as hell. Zacky, Jimmy, Brian, and Johnny ran up the stairs, and Zacky immediately went to her. He picked her up bridal style, and she passed out right before our eyes.

“Get her water, she needs rest. Johnny, Brian; board the damn thing up. Jimmy, let’s go free Matt,” I said, running back down the stairs. When we got there, he had blacked out. I hit him a little harder than I probably should have. We unwrapped the tape, and carried him back to his room. We put a jug of water next to his bed for when he woke up, as we did the same thing for Harper.

“Hey, I’m going to try and get clean,” Jimmy came up and hugged me, then walked off. I flashed him one last smile before he left.

..::Zacky’s P.O.V::..

I was still shocked at what Parker had told us. She would never tell a lie, and if Matt wouldn’t have told her where Harper was, she would have just killed him. I was so relieved that Harper was safe, but I was so worried that I slept in her bed, but kept my distance. Parker said that Harper didn’t know about what had happened to cause all of this shit, but I believe she should know, and that Parker should tell her. I hoped things would get better, and I hoped Matt would stop acting like fucking Cruelle Devile. He wasn’t the Matt we knew and loved. He was right about one thing, though. Harper and Parker never changed. They’ve always been the awesome and sweet girls we met in elementary school.

..::Parker’s P.O.V::..

Jimmy came in and sat next to me on the couch, “What you said earlier, was it all true,” he asked.

“Unfortunately,” I sighed.

“You wouldn’t lie to me, would you,” he seemed skeptical. I stood up, with my back to him, and lifted my shirt to show him the long pink scar going down my spine.

“What the fuck is this from,” he was now directly behind me, tracing the scar with his fingertips.

“One of his ‘episodes’. That fucker shattered my spine. The doctors told me I wouldn’t walk again. Once he went to jail, I fled the damn country. Harper and my mom moved into a new apartment, and Terrance had broken up with her a few months after graduation, so none of those two could find my family,” I told him. Sheen came in as I put my shirt down, and he went for the food and water bowls I put out. Jimmy pulled me down into his lap, and held me. I took this as a friendly gesture.

“You could have told us. We would have gotten you out of that mess,” he said.

“I was scared,” I admitted.

“You don’t have to be anymore,” he squeezed me and let go, “I need to get some sleep, though,” I got off of him, and he embraced me into a huge hug before he let me go.

“Bye,” I smiled at him.

“Good night, princess,” he said before heading off. I smiled before a yawn escaped, telling me I hadn’t had enough sleep. I crawled back into bed, and wrapped my covers around me. I drifted off to sleep exceptionally fast if you compare it to the other few days.

..::-------------::..

I woke up, surprised to see the back of somebody’s head as they were quietly sitting on my couch. From the look of it, I would say it was Matt. I was scared now, maybe he was planning on killing me in my sleep. I sat up, and threw my legs over the side of my bed. Maybe I could sneak out of the room. I quietly stood up, preparing myself to run.

“Parker,” Matt said, and I mentally stomped.

“Yeah?” I asked, and walked around the couch to where he could see me, and I him.

“We’ve got to talk,” he looked me in the eyes. Fuck, he was damaged. Good job, Parker. I didn’t see any hate, and that pleasantly surprised me.

“Great,” I mumbled before I sat down on the couch next to him, “What?”

“I never knew you to lie, then again, I haven’t known you since the beginning of 9th grade, so I believe everything you said,” He assured me, and I nodded. He looked down, and a morbid sadness came across his face. I figured this talk was over, and that I would go check on Harper. I stood up, and started walking to the exit, “I loved you,” he said, causing me to stop in my tracks. I turned around slowly, not thinking I heard him correctly.

“What?” I asked, looking him straight in the face, he stood up, and stood directly in front me.

“I loved you so fucking much before you left us. Probably more than Jimmy had. That’s what hurt me the most,” I could tell he was holding back tears.

“I-I’m sorry,” I stuttered, and he pulled me into a hug.

“You had no choice, I’m sorry,” I felt a little wetness on my shoulder as he hugged me, “I will kill him,” he threatened.

“Listen,” I pulled away, “we’re going to have to work on this whole ‘killing’ thing. It scares me,” I said, and he smiled.

“Sorry,” he beamed at me, “I have built up anger.”

“Trust me, I know,” I reassured him, causing him to chuckle.

“Before I let you go, there’s one thing I wanted to do,” he said.

“What,” I eyed him suspiciously. Oh god, maybe he was still planning on killing me. I closed my eyes, so I wouldn’t see it coming. Instead of meeting my end, I felt a pair of lips softly come down on mine as he held my chin. It was short, and sweet, and I can’t say I didn’t like it, “but I do think you belong to Jimmy,” he said, and the sadness seeped back into his eyes, “and I wouldn’t do anything to hurt him. He may like you again,” he told me, and I looked down.

“Probably,” the corner of my mouth twitched up, as I thought about Jimmy. He did make me pretty happy, but it’s been a while, and I wouldn’t say I exactly liked him.

..::Jimmy’s P.O.V::..

I had woken up, and felt a lot better than I had before, not to mention I was clean. I decided I would go and see Parker, I don’t know why, but her company always makes me happy. I like to see her smile. I got out of bed, and started walking towards her room. She was at the end of the little area, and I was at the opposite. I wanted to run to her, and see her sooner, but instead, I walked. I turned into her entry, to see Matt laying one on her. My heart dropped through my ass, but I didn’t know why I was hurt. I didn’t like her. No. We were only friends. So they were a thing now, that’s cool. At least there won’t be anymore bitching.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. FRANK IERO.

Happy Samhain.

I just though I would leave you off with a nice ending. :} You'll need a break. Don't forget to check out my NEW story contest for Avenged Sevenfold. Don't miss the chance for a new layout, to be a character in an upcoming story, or even get your own one-shot!

Thanks to the readers, subscribers, and a special thanks to all the commenters;
-shortygirl
-haventmissedyouyet
-DizzyfromSpinning
-A7XGIRL11
-amodernmyth88
-NME_foREVer_6661

FAIR ENOUGH.

xoxo, Shannon.