Sequel: Temporary
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Trapped

High School (Part ll)

..::Parker’s P.O.V::..

I threw my backpack down once I entered my room. I didn’t really have that much home work, it was just something I told my mom so she wouldn’t bother me while I was doing it. I had my geometry homework and I would say that’s about it. I sat at my desk, and opened my folder, as I looked at the assignment. I took about half an hour to do my home work, because grades were super important to me. Once I was done, I slipped it back into my bag. I locked my door, as I unpinned my Danzig poster from the top. It curled down, and my secret compartment was revealed. I took out my stash of pot and my bowl, and pinned my poster back to the wall. Yeah, that’s why I always told my mom I had a lot of homework. I opened one of my windows, and climbed onto the big oak tree. I used the branches as a ladder to get onto the roof of the house, and walked to the back part of the roof. There were only woods there, and nobody would see me. I quickly packed my bowl, and lit it up, putting my finger over the small smoke hole. I inhaled the substance and held it as long as I could.

Nobody knew that I smoked pot. I wasn’t addicted. You can’t get addicted. If my sister knew, she would kill me. If my mom knew, she would kill me. Dad died a few years ago, which left a huge impact on my life. I lost my best friend that day. I must have been up on that roof for about half an hour, in my own trance. Everything looked cooler, and I looked like I was higher up. That’s when I was on the verge of freaking out. I grabbed my stash and bowl and headed towards the tree, and climbed down. I jumped into my window, and rushed as I put everything back into the wall, and pinned the poster up again.

I went into the bathroom my sister and I shared, and that joined our rooms together. I freed myself of my clothes as I stripped down, and took a warm shower. I had to get the smell off of me, this was routine. I got out, and towel dried myself, and swished mouthwash around my mouth. I went into my room to put on a pair of pajamas, and I used eye drops, to take away the redness. I lay down on my bed, and tried to think about everything, but I was already gone. I was just about asleep when my phone went off, loudly playing When Love and Death Embrace, by HIM. I was scared shitless.

“Hello,” I mumbled into the receiver, wishing I could be asleep right now.

“Hey babe,” Zan’s voice came through the phone. I smiled, but I still wanted to punch him for what he did earlier.

“Wha-, I mean, hey, baby,” I said, noticing I had taken up an annoyed tone in my voice.

“So, what are you doing,” he asked, and I already knew what he wanted. He was going to ask me to come over, and ‘help him out’.

“About to sleep,” I said, making it very clear that I just wanted to go to sleep.

“I wish I could be there with you,” he said in his fake baby voice.

“That sucks,” I started falling asleep slowly.

“You sure you don’t wanna come over,” he asked me, sounding like he really needed me.

“mhmm,” I mumbled. I wasn’t really paying attention now, and the only thing I really noticed was the comfort of my bed.

“Bye, love you,” I heard him say, and then my phone went to the home screen, showing that the call was ended. I threw my phone towards the edge of the bed, and it hit my foot. A pain shot up through my foot, and I turned around to stifle any moans of pain that would come out. I was high, though, so I was far from caring so much about the pain as I started slipping into unconsciousness.

‘Leave them alone, Zonnie!’ I yelled at my relentless boyfriend as he started picking on James Sullivan. I used to have a crush on him, but that was elementary school, I was a senior, now. ‘What are you gonna do, Rathead?’ Zonnie had James pinned against the wall. James was tall and lanky, and had wild blonde hair. He didn’t say anything, just closed his eyes. All he did was help me pick up a book I had dropped. Zan punched James in the face, and blood started coming from his nose. He left another punch, leaving a busted lip. ‘Don’t ever go around my girlfriend again!’ He shouted. ‘Stop it, dammit!’ I yelled at Zan, as I jumped onto his back, and choked him until his grip on James faltered. ‘Run!’ I instructed. I had Zonnie on the floor now, and James was out of sight. I let go of my limp boyfriend. I stood up and kicked him over and over again, until he was a pile of ash. I spit on him and walked away.

My alarm clock was loud as it woke me up. I felt groggy, because of yesterday. Harper was probably already awake and downstairs, reading a book. I shut my clock off by ripping it out of the wall, as I slowly got out of my bed. I walked to the bathroom, and did my mourning routine. I slipped into a mini demin skirt, and a loose tank top, finishing with my heels. I curled my bright red hair, and put on a thin layer of eyeliner around my dark green eyes. I didn’t really mind dressing like this, but half my clothes I couldn’t wear in public, in order to keep up my current reputation. I hated it. Harper hated it. I knew James, Matthew, Brian, Zachary, and Johnathan hated it. I didn’t deserve to use their nicknames. I betrayed them, and my heart dropped as I thought about it. One day, these kids were going to commit suicide or something because of our boyfriends. I sighed as I tried to forget it, and grabbed my bag and phone on the way down to breakfast.

Mom always had a nice buffet ready for us, today, it was pancakes. I sat down at the table as mom put my food down in front of me.

“Thanks,” I smiled and kissed her on the cheek.

“No problem, dear, anything for my babies,” she said, and started to clean up. I looked across the table at Harper, who was going through her camera, looking at her pictures. She had already finished her food, and was now waiting on me. I was a slow eater, I didn’t have the capability to inhale my food like everybody in my family could do. Once I finished, mom took up my plate, and I picked up Sheenie, my Rotweiler and Retriever mixed puppy, up, and kissed his forehead. I put him down, and Harper and I went to the car to head off to school.

“Another day of torture,” Harper said as I turned on the radio.

“I can withstand the learning part, it’s Zonnie and Terrance I can’t stand,” I said as I backed out. The drive to school was very short, but I wished that it was longer.

“I’m glad that I helped Brian and Matt,” she admitted to me.

“As am I. I’m proud of you,” I told her, and put my hand over hers, “I’m happy you’re my sister,” I took my hand away, and saw that she was smiling at me.

“I couldn’t do anything when Terrance was fucking with Zack,” she said, her voice far more sad now. I knew it was hard for her to watch that, seeing as she used to date them. Us striving for popularity was silly, and stupid. Every morning, we went through this, regretting our decisions.

“I wish we had stayed friends with them. I don’t care how much I would have gotten picked on,” I said bluntly. Once again, something I said every morning. Occasionally, we would plan out how to break up with the two boys, but, I couldn’t lie. I did love Zan, but there would be no changing him as far as being a jerk goes. I parked in the school parking lot and sighed as I turned off the car. Harper and I got out, and walked towards where we usually met up with our group, a bunch of people saying hi to us on the way. Everybody knew who we were. We were like goddesses, or at least that’s what people would tell us. I spotted the five guys through a transparent door down a hallway, giving me an idea to do something I had never done.

“Psst, Harper,” I said, and she turned around, since she hadn’t noticed I stopped walking.

“What,” she smiled at me, and I nodded my head towards the doors. She frowned as she saw what I was referring to.

“Give me a piece of paper,” I said, and she gave me one, along with a pen. I walked around to her back, and used it as a desk.

“We’re so sorry” –H&P.

“Let’s go,” I said, and we started walking towards the doors.

“Somebody’s going to see us, and it’s going to go all around the school,” she didn’t move as she scolded me.

“What’s more important, making up with friends you betrayed, or having a bunch of friends that really don’t give a fuck about you, Harper,” I almost yelled, now a few people were staring at us. I turned on my heel, leaving her there ineffable, and walked down the hallway. The guys looked at me by the click of my heels, and immediately turned away. I saw James shaking his head. Matt was the closest when I walked by, so I slipped the piece of paper into his back pocket. I had my nose turned up at them as I walked by, to keep up my fake façade.

“Hey,” Matt yelled at the small contact. I didn’t look back at them. That would make things obvious. I went out of the nearest door to meet up with Harper and the rest of the popular group. Harper was already there, and she had a look on her face that made her seem like she was sick. We both used to be independent, now look at us.

..::Matt’s P.O.V::..

The door at the end of the hall opened, and I heard heels. All of the guys and I looked to see who it was. Parker. We all turned away immediately, and Jimmy shook his head. They used to be good friends, closer than any of us were to her. She was snobby, and a bitch, now. She walked by, and she touched my butt.

“Hey,” I yelled, in a sour tone. I put my hand over where she touched, and felt a small flap of paper sticking out of my back pocket. I took it out, and unfolded it, surprised to see the message it read. I showed the guys, and they all started to frown.

“Why did they do this to us,” Brian asked.

“They were always tired of getting picked on,” I said, “They got a way out. We would do the same,” I told them. I had always had something against them since they left us and supported the asses they called boyfriends, but they were sorry. I didn’t have so much resentment towards them.

“But we wouldn’t leave our friends, and pick on them later,” Jimmy stated, turning around, and slamming his locker, since that’s where we were located.

“They might be sorry, Shads, but they won’t do a damn thing about it,” Brian said pointing at the note, and turning around to go to class. One by one, the guys left, and it was only Jimmy and I.

“Just forget about them, it’s not worth it,” Jimmy said in a soft voice. I nodded and he walked off. I looked down at the piece of paper, and ripped it up, dropping the torn apology to the floor. What’s the point of apologizing if not a damn thing is going to be done about it. They don’t give a fuck, they sit there and watch it like we’re fucking TV or something. My resentment grew for them farther than it was before we got the apology. I went off to class, and tried my best to forget about Harper and Parker O’Klimin.

(c)Shannon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay x D Chapter's up. There are 34 chapters all together, and we're currently working on the sequel. I had a lot of fun writing this with Saleigh, because she's the biggest dork I've ever met in my life, and my best friend.

Thanks to the unsilent readers, though we love our silent readers as well:
-angel wings.
-PonandZiFan.
You guys are great.

xoxo, Shannon.