Sequel: Temporary
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Trapped

The End of the Tunnel

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Jimmy’s POV*^
“Wh-” I was cut off when she put her hand over my mouth.

“Shhh!” She whispered, and grabbed my hand, pulling me through isles until we reached the bathroom, and she shoved me in, and locked the door.

“You’re pregnant?!”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Harper’s POV*^
I knocked on the bathroom door; I had to ask Parker about what happened.

“Hey! Parker, you in there?!” I yelled, hitting on the door.

“Y-Yea! I’ll be out in a second!” Parker answered finally.

“But I need to talk to you now!” I yelled.

“Give me a minute!”

“No! I need to talk to you right fucking now about you know what! What in the hell are you doing in there?!” I asked, still banging my fist against the cold metal.

“WE’RE MAKING CRYSTAL METH, NOW GO AWAY HARPER!” Jimmy’s voice suddenly screamed from the bathroom.

“Jimmy! Shh!” Parker yelled, and Jimmy’s yells were muffled. I tried to reach my hand through the hole in the door and reach the doorknob, but I couldn’t. I walked over to the service desk and grabbed a shotgun, and walked back over to the bathroom. I shot three holes next to the door knob, and there were yelps and screams from inside, though I wasn’t sure if it was from Parker, or Jimmy. I reached my hand through and unlocked the door before sitting the shot gun against the wall, and walking in, and closing the door back.

“HAVE YOU FUCKING LOST IT?!” Jimmy asked, waving his hands around and succeeding in looking like a madman.

“YOU COULD HAVE KILLED US, HARPER!” Parker screamed, and I grabbed her arm and drug her away from Jimmy and over to a bathroom stall. I locked it. She was still rambling about me nearly killed them.

“I needed to get in, just shut up about it!” I yelled, and she finally stopped. I was worried; worried about what she told me earlier. “Now, what did you find out?”

“Will you promise to never do that again?” She asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Yes! Now what happened?” I asked again, and she took a deep breath.

“Well…” She was hesitant.

“You’re hesitating. Hesitating’s bad, why are you hesitating?” I asked becoming slightly concerned.

“She’s hesitating because we’re trapped in a fucking superstore, in the middle of the end of the USA, and she’s pregnant.” Jimmy answered from outside of the stall, and I immediately turned and opened the door, and grabbed Jimmy by his collar, shoving him up against the wall. I couldn’t really lift him off of the ground, mostly because I was nearly as short as Johnny, but I kept him pinned against the wall.

“YOU DID THIS!” I yelled, and I felt Parker pulling on my arms.

“Harp, Harp, just calm down, okay, calm down.” She repeated, but I didn’t loosen my grip on Jimmy’s shirt.

“Why should I do that?” I asked, and Parker sighed.

“Because, killing Jimmy’s not going to magically get us out of this store, or reverse anything.” She said, and the worst part was, I knew she was right. But I tightened my grip on his shirt glaring at him.

“Please don’t let her kill me.” He whimpered to Parker, grabbing hold of Parker’s arm.

“You get to live this time around.” I seethed, and slowly let go of him, and took a step away. I let out a sigh, and looked at Parker. “Now we have another issue.” I said, and Jimmy laughed lightly.

“Besides the fact that I just realized you’re about as short as Johnny?” Jimmy asked, holding back laughter, and I was clenching his collar again, shoving him up against the wall.

“Parker, go get me a knife.” I instructed.

“W-why?” Parker asked shakily, and I grinned.

“I think his days of baby making are over.”

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry! My god, no need to make threats.” Jimmy said, holding his hands up in surrender. I let go of his shirt, and stepped away from him again.

“There’s always a need to make threats.” I said, and Parker sighed.

“I really don’t need this right now.” Parker sighed.

“I know, we’re all stuck in a building, with all kinds of ensuing chaos, the last thing we need is a kid right now.” I said, glaring up at Jimmy again, and he shrunk away from me slightly like he was trying to sink into the wall.

“Not that! I mean you trying to kill someone else.” Parker exclaimed, and I sighed.

“Well sorry, but I’ve been through a lot of shit these past couple of days, I was trapped in a fucking hole in a wall for over twenty four hours, I had my boyfriend held at gun point, my best friend nearly died, and now my sister has been knocked up by a fucking giraffe. I am sorry if I seem a little off.” I said, and she nodded. I didn’t mean to have such a snappy attitude, but I was just fed up with being in this goddamn building with so many people, and not having any silence at all. It’s always someone screaming and yelling, getting hurt, getting shot, going into fucking hiding, or getting handcuffed to chairs. It never ends.

“I know, we’ve all been through a lot.” She said, understanding.

“When are you going to tell everyone?” I asked her.

“Soon.”

“Do I have to be there?” Jimmy asked and we both looked down at him.

“YES!” Parker and I both said together and he flinched away from us.

“Okay, fine. I’ll be there.” Jimmy said, and there was a scream form somewhere in the building, it sounded like Johnny. Before I walked off to see about it, I turned back to Jimmy, glaring and pointing my finger at him.

“I swear, if you hurt my sister in any way, or even think about ditching her, then I will make your life a living fucking hell. That isn’t a threat, it’s a promise. Do you understand?” I asked him, and he nodded. “Good.” I said, and lightly smiled at Parker before I left the bathroom, and walked towards the paintball section, where Brian was chasing Johnny around.

“STOP RUNNING YOU-”

“FUCK BRIAN!” I yelled as I felt a paintball hit the back of my knee, and I fell forward.

“Sorry Harper!” Brian ran up to me, and helped me up.

“I come back here to help Johnny and I get hit with a paintball, what else could I expect...” I muttered, and I saw Johnny sneaking away behind Brian, dragging the chair behind him.

“NO RUNNING!” Brian yelled, and turned towards him quickly firing at least five shots into Johnny, and Johnny fell into the chair, and glared at Brian. Brian turned back to me, and I rolled my eyes.

“C’mon, Johnny.” I walked past Brian and grabbed an arm of the chair and started dragging Johnny away.

“Hey! I’m not done!” Brian whined.

“Yes you are!” I yelled and Johnny looked up at me as I rolled him into his room.

“You aren’t going to kill me, are you?” He asked, and I sighed, and shook my head.

“I’ll be right back, just stay here.” I said, and walked off to the front of the store. I grabbed a pistol from under the counter, and took all of the bullets out of it before returning to Johnny’s room. “Here, if Jimmy comes in, and tries to bother you, threaten to shoot him in the crotch.” I smiled, and he looked up at me.

“What about Brian?”

“You can threaten him too, if you want, but mostly Jimmy.” I said and he got a knowing look on his face.

“He finally realized you’re my height, didn’t he?” Johnny asked and I sighed.

“I know your pain.” I said, and he sighed.

“But you still handcuffed me to a fucking chair, knowing there wasn’t a key.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Matt’s POV*^
I stopped Harper as she walked past my room.

“What? You having height issues too?” She asked and I looked at her oddly.

“What?” I asked, completely clueless.

“Nothing, what do you want?” She asked, and I sighed.

“I wanted to know if you’ve heard any more on the cure for this shit.” I said, and she leaned against the shelf, shaking her head.

“Nope, not yet.” She said, and I nodded. I got up, and walked over to her, looking at her.

“Did you really mean it when you said you weren’t going to ditch me when we get out of here?” I didn’t want to lose her, not again. Parker and Jimmy, they never left each other’s side, it was obvious Parks wasn’t going anywhere, but I was still skeptical about Harper.

“Matt, I’m not going anywhere. I’m never going to leave; not again.” She said, and I nodded, and kissed her lips, something I was getting used to doing.

“Hey,” She pulled away from me. “The fuck Matt? I said no kissing.” She said, and I smirked.

“And I said you’ll live with it.” I grinned and kissed her again, but this time she didn’t refuse, and I pulled away and hugged her. I still felt like she was going to leave just as soon as she found an opening in this virus. No matter what she said, I still had that sick feeling settling in my stomach. I’m not going to lose her.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Harper’s POV*^
I didn’t know why I let Matt kiss me -and twice, at that- but I liked it, face it, I was starting to like him. He was clingy and he kept asking if I was going to leave and I told him no each time. I had no plans of ditching him or any of the guys when we get out, hell, we just stitched things back together again after years of hatred between us, there’s no way I’m going to let that go, and break them all again. Somehow, Matt seemed more affected by the thought that Parker and I would leave. Well, actually it was just the thought of me leaving, because by the fact that Parker and Jimmy were now going to be parents, Parker wasn’t going anywhere. I pulled away from Matt and looked at him.

“I mean it when I say I’m not going to leave, Matt.” I said, and he nodded.

“I just don’t want to go through all of that again.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Zacky’s POV*^
I walked down the long row of rooms, trying to find Harper. I saw her leaning against Matt’s room, two arms wrapped around her, and Matt’s head resting on her shoulder. I watched them curiously, something was up with Matt. Harper finally pulled away from him, and there were a few more words exchanged before she walked off, and down to her room, where she disappeared. I walked down to Matt’s room, and I looked in.

“Matt?” I asked skeptically, and he looked up, as he sat down on his bed.

“Yea?” He asked expectantly as I walked in.

“Are you okay?” I asked and he nodded.

“Fine, why?” He was lying. I could see straight through him, something was wrong.

“No it’s not fine, something’s going on in your head and I want to know about it.” I said, and sat down beside him.

“I’m fine, Zack.” He insisted.

“Is there…” I contemplated asking this, because I knew it would make him angry. Or so I thought. “Is there something going on between you and Harper?” He just shook his head.

“No, I just…” He sighed, shaking his head. “Have you ever thought about what’s going to happen once we do get out of here, if we ever do?” He looked over at me, and I shook my head.

“No, why is that so important?” I asked.

“Do you think that they’ll leave us again?” He asked and I was about to answer with something smart when he cut me off. “I’m serious, Zacky. I know for a fact that Parker’s changed I mean, she never leave’s Jimmy’s side, but Harper’s always been sneaky. She’s still sweet and down to earth, but if she’s returned to anything like she used to be before she left, then she could be coming up with a plan to leave us all once again just as soon as we get out.” I never really thought of that. “She’s good at hiding things, she could be planning right now, and we wouldn’t have a clue about it. Then we get out, and the next thing we know she’s suddenly disappeared, and none of us can find her, and we find ourselves back in high school again.” His words had me a little shaken up, I wouldn’t deny that. He had a point.

“But Harper’s changed, Matt. She’s kept her anger management issues, and she’s still kind of conniving, and sneaky, but she’d never do that to us, not after she seen how much that hurt us, and how we had to carry that with us.” I said, and he just looked down. I never really realized how much harder that had affected Matt until now, until you see a man like him somewhat humbled by the thought of losing a friend. I always knew losing Harper and Parker had really hurt him, but I had no clue… He really had some trust issues with Harper.

“I guess you’re right, I just don’t want to lose her again.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Harper’s POV*^
I laid down with Zacky that night, and for the first time in a while, I actually felt like things were coming together, that maybe there was a light at the end of the tunnel. I kissed Zacky goodnight and he smiled.

“You know I love you, right?” He asked, and I nodded.

“Of course, and I love you too.” I kissed him again and he smiled and nodded.

“You’re a wonderful girl, Harper.” Something was off about Zacky, though I didn’t know what it was. I snuggled into his arms and closed my eyes.

I really hope that light at the end of this tunnel isn’t a fucking train.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

shortygirl
NME_foREVer_6661
A7XGIRL711
a7x_foREVer12

I mean it when I say that you guys are awesome, and totally fearless for sticking with Shannon and I through this story, and hopefully it's sequel, Trapped. We've put you all through a lot, and you've surprisingly not said, 'Fuck you two' and abandoned us yet.

So thank you, my minions-- I mean, our awesomely loving and amazing readers.

xoxo, Saleigh