20 Dollar Nose Bleed

The Damage.

I rushed into my bedroom, despite the guys trying to pull me back, to assess the damage. The fire was out now thanks to Joe and Pete but the damage was unbelievable and, unfortunately, all in my room. Sure the heat had reached all of the house but for some reason the smoke and actual fire had stayed in my room. No one knows why.

Now to say that "almost everything" had gone would be an understatement. Everything was ruined. My pictures, my clothes, my books. Everything. Gone. I was heartbroken. Not because of the clothes and books etc but because of the pictures ruined. Never to be seen again. I didn't have any copies of them and now they were gone. Whoever did this was going to pay.

"Come on Wednesday. Let's go outside. Let the guys sort this out." Pete said suddenly very sombre.

"No." I sobbed. "I want to stay. There has to be something I can save."

"There's not. Look around Wednesday. It's all ruined."

"Pete you're not helping." Patrick warned from the pile of ruined toys.

"Patrick she needs to leave. Look at her."

"Stop talking as if I'm not here!" I yelled, jumping up to face them.

I suddenly wobbled and stuck out my arm to grab some support. Unfortunately the only person close enough was Pete and he was still too far away for me to reach. But I didn't hit the ground. I was lifted into the air and carried out of the room by Pete. He was frowning intensively and his lips were pursed.

"Why are you frowning? You're not the one who's lost everything." I said wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling myself into a sitting position. This made him smirk.

"Comfortable?"

"Well you're not exactly going to put me down if I ask. You didn't answer my question." I stated.

"You're right I wouldn't." he replied and turned to walk down the stairs.

"Stop ignoring my question douche."

"I'm frowning because, as much as I hate to admit it, I don't know who could have set that fire. No-one knows we're here."

"Keep a secret?" I asked looking at the floor from his arms.

"What is it?" he said raising an eyebrow at me.

"Yes or no." I pressed.

"Of course I can. I've been keeping a pretty big one from quite a few people." he said rolling his eyes.

"Have you? Can I know?"

"You already do."

I frowned up at him.

"Hello?! Vampire!!" he said rolling his eyes again. I looked to the floor and blushed. I should have realised.

"Anyway what was it?"

"Sunday was in my dreams. Well I thought it was a dream. But she said it wasn't. She told me I had to leave. She told me I needed to hurry." I said watching his reaction carefully.

"What?!" Pete said stopping in the doorway of the front room.

"But I didn't have time to find out why because you lot woke me up." I finished and shifted in his arms suddenly wanting to go down. It was uncomfortable now.

"Did she say anything else?"

"No. We didn't really have time to discuss it due to the fire and all."

"Well what did you tell me for?"

"I had to tell someone. I just thought if she can talk to me then maybe she might know where I am..." I said hesitantly.

"You think she did it?!" he snapped.

"No!!! I mean. I don't think so. Why would she?"

"Because she's a bad guy now?"

"Shut up you jerk! She's my sister." I said glaring at him.

"Yeah but she's not you. She's a vampire. She's working with William Beckett for crying out loud!"

"Put me down."

"No. Wednesday I didn't mean to offend you. You've been through a lot. You need to come and relax."

"Put me down Pete." I repeated trying to shuffle out of his grasp.

"Fine here." he said and let me down. I wandered to the front door and he followed me.

I opened the door, stopped and turned to look at him.

"She may be working with William Beckett but she's still my sister. My twin sister Pete. Don't be so quick to judge her." I said and walked out the door closing it behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in like forever. Been doing school work and working on my new story True Darkness. Check it out by the way if you can. :) Thanks guys. Oh and thanks to you four subscribers. You know who you are.