20 Dollar Nose Bleed

The Move.

Wednesday's POV.

I walked down the street with my hands shoved in my pockets. I was cold but I wasn't going back there. Surprisingly no-one followed me but I could hear their argument from down the street. Pete wanted me gone. Patrick wanted me safe. Either way they were both going to get what they wanted soon. Well Pete would anyway. I went back to the park where we had planned our attack, sat on the swings and waited. There wasn't much I could do from this moment on but rely on chance and even that was a bit of a long shot.

Luckily chance was on my side tonight.

"Wednesday?" Brendon's voice rung out from behind me.

I turned my head to look at him and smiled.

"Hello again."

"Oh thank god you're safe! When I heard about the Hunters taking you I feared for the worst. But you're here!" he laughed and pulled me into a hug.

"Yep I'm here. But I'm kind of homeless for a while. So, as much as I hate to ask, could I possibly-"

He held up a hand and shook his head. "Say no more. You're staying at mine." he said and held out a hand which I quickly took.

Before I knew it we were standing in the middle of a huge house with people bustling about everywhere and noises erupting from every room. It was busy but I liked it. It already felt more like home than the guys' place. Although the thought of them did spring a pang of guilt for having left them. They had looked after me and saved me a load of times. And now I'd just left them because I didn't like Pete.

But then the thought of Pete reminded me why I was here. He'd been a dick and now he would have to live with himself. I looked at Brendon who was watching my reaction carefully and grinned.

"It's so big!" I said, laughed and spun around to get a proper view of the place.

"It's the biggest one of the four. But he needed the room."

"Who? Beckett? And did you say four?! How does he get the money?!" I squeaked, staring in awe at the chandelier hanging from the roof above the fourth floor.

"I don't really think you need to know that." Brendon said but I hardly took any notice as I watched someone walk out of a room, revealing a mass of bookshelves behind the swinging door.

I practically glided into the library and spun around. I was surrounded by books. Thousands and thousands of books. They had their own library! I giggled to myself stupidly and rushed to the shelf nearest me picking out the first Night World Volume which I loved so much. Then I plonked myself down in a giant circular chair which rotated and started reading. I was gently spun around and looked up to see Brendon watching me with his head cocked to the side.

"Do you not want to see your room?"

"Why would I when you have this?! Did you say there were four houses?"

"Yep."

"All like this?"

"Practically identical only this has an extra floor."

"Each with their own library."

"Yep. Each stocked with different books too."

"Whoa!!! Can we go see them?!" I pleaded.

"Hahaha. Not tonight. You need rest. We can look tomorrow." he said laughing.

"But I'm not tired!" I complained like a child.

"You will be in the morning."

"You sound like my Mother."

"Then she must have been a very wise woman." he said and pulled me out of the chair.

"Come on. You'll have to stay in my room while I get Beckett to arrange a room for you but that shouldn't take too long. Two days at max."

"Why two days?"

"Because he needs to furnish it and buy you new clothes and make-up and music and everything."

"And that will only take him two days?!" I squeaked.

"Look around you Wednesday. He has hundreds of people willing to help him. Think about it." he laughed and pulled me upstairs.

I stopped halfway up the stairs. Brendon turned to look at me and frowned.

"What is it?" he asked looking mildly concerned.

"I want to see my sister. Where is Sunday?"

At that point his face dropped and his expression went blank. I dreaded what he was about to say. If she had been killed now, just when I had found her again, I would be heartbroken. At least then I knew I had some family left.

"She snuck out a while ago. We don't know where she is but she'll come back. She does this all the time. And she'll be fine. She's the best killer out of all of us. Well except Beckett of course." he chuckled as if this was something to be laughing about.

Did he just say my sister was the best killer?

"What do you mean she's the best killer?"

"Oh don't worry she's just probably out hunting." he waved his hand dismissively.

"No Brendon. Are you telling me my sister's a murderer?"

"Well yeah. She's a Vampire love. We all are. I must say though she's taken to the blood lust brilliantly. Some of us don't have it in us but me and her are a different story. That's why I'm Beckett's right hand man and she's his top assassin. Because we enjoy the kill." he said and winked at me.

"Anyway let's take you upstairs."

I let him drag me up but I wasn't aware of anything. Suddenly the memories of him threatening me down the phone, saying he was going to kill me, came flooding back. Suddenly I realised how unsafe I was. Suddenly I realised just how big a mistake I had made. Brendon was unstable. Sunday was a killer. Beckett was a maniac leader. And I wanted out.

"You know you're right. I am tired. Maybe I should just go to bed. Have you got any pajama's I could borrow?"

"Sunday might have some. You look about her size. Well duh, you are twins. Let me take you to our room and I'll go get some."

When he left me in the room I quickly flitted about. I needed a phone and quickly. He'd be back soon. I needed to get a hold of one of the guys, even if that meant texting Pete. I needed out of here or soon I'd be like Sunday. And that I don't think I could deal with.

I found Brendon's mobile on the dresser by the bed on charge. I opened up his messages, clicked new message and typed in Pete's number.

Need help. At Beckett's estate. Made a mistake. Not safe. Come quick.

I clicked send and then delete but before the phone could confirm that I was safe and that any evidence had been deleted the door opened behind me.

"What are you doing?" Brendon's voice rang out layered with suspicion.

Uh-oh. Busted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again sorry for the long wait. Been working on True Darkness most. I've gotten quite into that. I think this story is coming to an end now. Won't be long until I've finished but it's been a good run in my opinion and I hope you agree.
Thanks for reading- Emily. x