20 Dollar Nose Bleed

The Formula.

Wednesday

When I opened my eyes I saw nothing but a weird darkness. It wasn't pitch black but it wasn't light either. It was like there was something on my face. I lifted my hands and patted my face experimentally. There was something there. Paper maybe? I grabbed it and uncovered my eyes, focussing on the rectangle. It read:

To/
Wednesday Addams.


There was a bright yellow post-it note stuck on to it. It's vibrant colour hurt my eyes to see it.

Oi! Wednesday.
This came for you. I didn't open it. Thought you might get mad.
Pete.


"Well. That explains why it was on my face."

I ripped it open to find a letter inside. I frowned at it and began to read aloud.

"Dear Wednesday, I'm sorry it's short notice but-" I blinked as I continued. Then it hit me.

"GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed, jumped out of my bed and ran downstairs, still in my pyjama's. But who cares? This is urgent.

I burst into the front room, panting, to find every except Pete there. I scowled. He's never where I need him to be! The guy's all turned around to face me, frowning.

"Where is- he?" I asked, trying to get my breath back.

"Kitchen." Joe said. "What's going off?"

But I didn't stop to explain. I ran into the kitchen and pointed at Pete.

"You! In here! Now!" I snapped.

"What? Why!? " he began to complain.

"Come on!" I yelled and dragged him in.

When everyone was in the front room I threw the letter to Patrick who caught it and frowned. Obviously they didn't get what I wanted them to do. Idiots.

"Read it." I instructed.

We all sat as Patrick read the letter out. When he'd finished we all sat there, speechless. It was me who broke the silence. It was getting unbearable.

"Well? It appears we have a problem!" I said and looked to Patrick who was still frowning. "What's the plan?"

Pete and Patrick both looked at each other and nodded. I frowned and crossed my arms over my chest. This was getting annoying.

"You're leaving." Pete said bluntly.

"What!?" I yelled. "Patrick! Please tell me he's joking."

"Do I look like I'm joking?" Pete stated.

He didn't.

"Look Wednesday it's the only option. It's going to be too dangerous here for you. You haven't got the training like we have. You haven't had the experience." Patrick tried to explain.

"So?! You've seen what I can do Patrick! I took down Pete on my own! Surely that stands for something."

"That was a fluke-" Pete began.

"Look Patrick I agree with Wednesday here. I think it'll be more dangerous for us to send her away. Who know's. This could be a trap! She's managed it before." Andy cut in.

"Yeah with my help." Pete spat.

"Come on! Let the little slugger join us!! She's fun. I'll look after her." Joe said playfully.

"I say we have a vote." I said happily.

"No. You're leaving and that's final." Pete snapped.

I spun on my heels to face Pete and stormed up to him. He stood before I got to his chair but I didn't stop. I got right up into his face and growled.

"And who's going to stop me Pete!? Cause there sure as hell isn't anyone in this room who can. Last time I checked I had you with a stake in the back and a knife at your throat within a matter of minutes. And even if you do manage to send me away I'm going to come back because you know why Peter?! If I'm not here who's going to stop you from killing my sister. Don't give me any crap about how you won't because I see it every time you see her. You want to kill her!" I snarled at him. I was fuming.

"So if you want to go, let's go! I'll take you any day!" I yelled and shoved him backwards.

He fell into his seat and I stormed out of the room. But I didn't go hide in my room like usual. Now wasn't a time for hiding and crying. I headed to the basement to train. A war was coming and I, sure as hell, will be fully prepared for whatever's coming.

I expected Pete to follow me. To kill me right then and there. But he didn't. Instead he left me alone. In fact, they all did for at least half an hour. By that time I had set up the moving targets and collected my throwing knives and stakes. I had just jumped to the right, done a horizontal 360 in the air and released three stakes before I had even touched the ground. Each one hit a different target straight in the heart.

"Nice shot." a voice said from behind me.

I spun and threw a knife, aiming straight for the heart, not thinking about who it would be. Luckily, Patrick dodged before it hit him and held up his hands in surrender.

"Sorry Patrick." I sighed and lowered my arms.

"No need to be. It was my fault. I should have known not to sneak up on you by now." he stated and took a seat on the work bench beside me.

"So, wanna talk about it?" he asked, fingering a silver covered stake beside him.

"Not really. There isn't much more to be said. Want to see something awesome though?" I asked, quickly trying to change the subject.

It was obvious that he had picked up on my change of subject but he said nothing on the matter. Just smiled and nodded.

"Awesome!" I laughed and picked up a knife. "I modified your silver nitrate formula to have a more damaging effect." I stated and pulled out a lighter.

"What are you doing? It's not flammable..." he asked.

"No, no, no. It wasn't flammable." I laughed. "Watch."

I lit the blade on fire, waited a couple of seconds and launched it at the target where it immediately ignited the whole thing.

"Wednesday! That's amazing! How did you-"

I held up a finger.

"Wait one second..." I stated. "Three.... Two.... One."

The target exploded, leaving nothing but a couple of burning lumps. I turned to Patrick and laughed at his expression. If his jaw was any lower it would have been touching the floor. I did a mock curtsy and went to sit beside him.

"Wednesday.... Do you think you can show me how you did that?" Patrick asked, still watching the target.

"Of course. It doesn't take long. Just gotta add another chemical to it and.... boom. Hahaha." I was giggling insanely. There wasn't much more I could do.

"If we can make this work... If we can turn this into something bigger... We could win the war!" Patrick exclaimed and high fived me.

And I could free my sister. I thought to myself. But I didn't voice my thoughts. That would be a mistake. So I just laughed quickly and jumped up to get Patrick started on my little concoction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, sorry it's shorter. But I'm currently suffering from flu so my heads a bit fuzzy. Only a couple of chapters left. Are you excited? I am! Woo!!! What will happen??

Anyway if you have any questions, praise or critism please feel free to add to the comments, just there. No demands though thanks. :)

Comment,
Recommend,
Subscribe!

THANKS!!! - Emily xx