Sequel: Lost in Paradise

Can I See You Now?

Vinyl Player.

Gerard's POV

I decided to skip the rest of the day. I knew it was wrong since it was my first day. But i didn't want to deal with seeing Frank, at least today. As i arrived home i threw my sunglasses on the desk crashed on the bed. I opened my bag and pulled out my sketchbook. I opened it carefully and went through the pages until i found my drawing of the new guy, Frank. I grabbed a pencil and continued drawing it. It didn't really look realistic. It's sort of comic-ish. That's what i was best at.

In about an hour my mum knocked on the door. "Gerard honey are you home?" she asked. I had no idea i've been working on the sketch for so long. "Yeah, i didn't feel well so i went early." i lied. "Okay sweety, dinner is down stairs when you feel better." I rolled my eyes. My mum has always been scared of looking at me in fear she'll die. The only time she did was two years ago when i got caught for taking cocaine. I've stopped taking drugs now though. I put the sketchbook down and stood up as i walked over to my laptop on my desk and pushed the screen up. I sat down and clicked on the messenger window. I typed in my e-mail and password. When a contact request popped up.

FrankAnthonyJr has requested to add you on MSN Messenger.
A shiver was sent down my spine. I clicked 'accept' immediately. Surprisingly, he was online.

Frank Says:
Hi, Gerard. :)

Gerard Says:
Hello :)

Frank Says:
Sorry about um, asking you about your glasses. I understand if it's personal.

I stopped and stared at the screen. I was quite stupid to tell him that it was personal. I couldn't tell him the truth, he'd never dare to look at me again. Like my mother. I took a deep sigh to myself and looked back at the screen. Realizing i hadn't answered yet. But he, apparently had.

Frank Says:
Gerard?
Are you there?
Aw shit.. I'm sorry i must've scared you off again.

My heart sank. I tried to answer as fast as i can so that he wouldn't feel like i disappeared without notice.

Gerard Says:
Oh no no, i'm sorry i went to the bathroom. It's fine, i shouldn't have bailed on you like that in class.

Frank Says:
Oh, that's fine. So tell me Gerard, what're your hobbies?

Gerard Says:
Uh, i'm not a man with many talents. I draw comics, and sometimes sing. But i can't really call myself good. How about you?

Frank Says:
That's awesome! I'd like to hear you sing and see your sketches sometime, if you don't mind. I don't have many talents either, play the guitar. I can't live without music at all.

Wow, suddenly Frank became 10 times more attractive. Guitar? That's so freakin' sexy. I tried to pick it up a last summer. I learned a couple of chords. But then i decided to give up on it eventually.

Gerard Says:
Haha, i don't mind. Guitar? Sweet. I'd like to hear you play once!

Frank Says:
Sure! Oh shit, i have to go do my science homework. See you tomorrow.

Gerard Says:
Bye.

Frank appears to be offline. Messages you send will be delivered when they sign on.


I pushed down my laptop screen and bounced over to the bed. I wasn't hungry at all. I put on my vinyl player and played 'Folie à Duex' by Fall Out Boy. In case you're wondering, i'm probably the only the kid out there with a Vinyl Player. It's not exactly normal.