Sequel: Lost in Paradise

Can I See You Now?

Les Paul

Gerard's POV

Next day at school i walked through the hallway, feeling the stares. the whispers and the questioning looks. I'm used to them, to be honest. I've dealt with them for as long as i can remember. I sighed as i arrived to my locker and made the combination, and the locker door flew open. I reached for my English book as something fell down on the ground. I put the book back in the locker and bent down to have a closer look. It appeared which to be, a note. I picked it off the ground and opened it.

Meet me at the old bench around the building after school. I've got something to show and give you.
-Frank


I smiled at the note. His handwriting was little, everything stood in capital letters. Not disturbing big letters, they were just the right size. I shoved it down my pocket and grabbed the English book as the bell rang. Then i rushed to class.

*
Frank's POV

Had he gotten the note? Will he show up? The day seemed to last forever. I looked at the clock, there were 3 hours of school left. I bent down and banged my head on the table. I usually like science. But this time i had too much to think about. More than what Atmosphere means and is.

In the break i decided to disappear for a while behind the building. I grinned at my bag and pulled my treasure out. Something which i had spent my life savings on.

*

Gerard's POV

Did he set me up? Will he be there? Was it even him that sent the note?
I hadn't seen Frank all day. I went behind the school where we had planned to meet. And i was surprised to already find him there, with a Gibson, Les Paul in his hand. There wasn't a scratch on it. I smiled and walked closer, then stopped.

"You showed up." He grinned. I nodded and smiled.
"I took my guitar with me, you wanted to hear me play. Right?" he asked. I nodded again, trying to hide how excited i was. I think i failed, 'cause he giggled. His giggle made my heart melt. He gave me a booklet. I looked at it and it appeared to be lyrics. He explained to me the rhythm to a song. I understood it quickly. In a moment he started playing some chords, then i started singing as he repeated some of the words i sang .

"Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say.
I never want to let you down or have you go, it's better off this way.
For all the dirty looks, the photographs your boyfriend took,
Remember when you broke your foot from jumping out the second floor?

I'm not okay
I'm not okay
I'm not okay
You wear me out

What will it take to show you that it's not the life it seems?
(I'm not okay)
I've told you time and time again you sing the words but don't know what it means
(I'm not okay)
To be a joke and look, another line without a hook
I held you close as we both shook for the last time take a good hard look!

I'm not okay
I'm not okay
I'm not okay
You wear me out

Forget about the dirty looks
The photographs your boyfriend took
You said you read me like a book, but the pages all are torn and frayed

I'm okay
I'm okay!
I'm okay, now
(I'm okay, now)

But you really need to listen to me
Because I'm telling you the truth
I mean this, I'm okay!
(Trust Me)

I'm not okay
I'm not okay
Well, I'm not okay
I'm not o-fucking-kay
I'm not okay
I'm not okay
(Okay)"


I grinned as he grinned back.

Gerard's POV

"You're really--" we both said at the same time, as we tried again but ended up speaking at the same time once more. "Okay you speak first" i said smiling.
"You're a really awesome singer, you can go far with your voice." he spoke as i slowly blushed.
"Thank you, you're sick at playing guitar. Really, you're a fucking professional." i smiled. "Thank You." he grinned pushing his Les Paul back in to his guitar bag. "Wait, i almost forgot." he said as he opened his school bag and reached for something. He pulled it out, it was a Vinyl copy of Green Day's Dookie. He handed it over to me as my eyes widened at it. "I've had it for a while, and my younger sister wrecked my Vinyl player, so i can't play it. So i didn't know what to do with it.. So you can have it if you want." he smiled. Woah, Vinyl player? Suddenly i didn't feel like a weirdo anymore. I wasn't the only one out there. "Thank you heaps, Franki--Frank. I've been looking everywhere for this." i grinned, trying to hold my urge for jumping him. I almost called him Frankie.. What was i doing?

"It's no biggie." He answered.
"Hey Frank do y--" i got cut off by my message tone going. I pulled my phone out of the pocket and read the text. I sighed. It was my mum asking where i was.
"Ah fuck, i gotta go.. I'll see you tomorrow." i smiled.
"Bye" he smiled back as i started walking on the opposite direction.